R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-18-2005, 02:37 PM   #751
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
Hey Tony,

We keep an up-to-date listing of CTX profiles here: CTX Charging Profiles

I see that there are profile for GP3300 and IB3800, is there one for GP3700??
FaiLip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:16 PM   #752
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ryan, James, or anyone else with knowledge of this charger.

Ok, so after a few battery charges this device is starting to make sense. However, I have a few questions that maybe you could answer.

1. What's the theory for setting the Capacity of the battery pack for the Peak-Charge profiles? Is this somet type of fail-safe just like the temp cut-off?

2. There are 3 customizable CTX, and 3 customizable Peak-Charge profiles, correct?

3. Anyone have any 5 cell receiver pack profiles?

4. GP3700 Profiles?

5. Looking at the Much-More site, I see IP3800's, are these the same as IB3800's?

6. Can I use the CTX charge profiles if I put my cells on a Novak Smart Tray prior to charging? The manual states that the cells must be completely discharged prior to using this method.

Thanks.

Last edited by Tony Vega; 10-18-2005 at 08:29 PM.
Tony Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:41 PM   #753
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Vega
Ryan, James, or anyone else with knowledge of this charger.

Ok, so after a few battery charges this device is starting to make sense. However, I have a few questions that maybe you could answer.

1. What's the theory for setting the Capacity of the battery pack for the Peak-Charge profiles? Is this somet type of fail-safe just like the temp cut-off?

2. There are 3 customizable CTX, and 3 customizable Peak-Charge profiles, correct?

3. Anyone have any 5 cell receiver pack profiles?

4. GP3700 Profiles?

5. Looking at the Much-More site, I see IP3800's, are these the same as IB3800's?

6. Can I use the CTX charge profiles if I put my cells on a Novak Smart Tray prior to charging? The manual states that the cells must be completely discharged prior to using this method.

Thanks.
1. It can act as a fail safe, but normally you would rely on your temp cut as your fail safe. Almost always, you will set the capacity somewhere out of the battery's range (such as 5000mah for a 3800 pack). The only time I limit the capacity is when I want to put a small charge back into a battery for storage (as some do to retain run-time on IB3800's)

2. Correct, and you can name each profile.

3. I typically will use 1A for charge with a 06 (0.006v) delta peak setting. Most receiver packs have a good amount of resistance because of the spot-welded connections; this is why I set the delta peak at 06. I normally set the temp cutoff at 44-45 degrees, just in case.

4. The IB3800 profiles on our website have been shown to work very well on GP3700. I meant to modify the site to show this...

5. I believe this refers to Infinite Powers cells...

6. Yes, you can. By "completely discharged", they are referring to "dumped". A high amp discharge to 5.40 meets this requirement, as does dumping the pack on the track. Even if it still has enough capacity left to last a few minutes on the smart tray, you can still initiate a CTX charge. In CTX mode, the charger is locked against delta peak for the first two phases (still has temp cut, however); this is why you shouldn't charge a partially charged pack in CTX mode.

Old 10-18-2005, 09:43 PM   #754
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaiLip
I see that there are profile for GP3300 and IB3800, is there one for GP3700??
See #4 in my last post .
Old 10-18-2005, 09:44 PM   #755
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Lee

1.remove heat shirink carefulley.
2.attach strong and small magnetic on the nickel plate.
3.Wrap it with heat shrink tube.

Note: we will not service the probe if you broke by this modification
Nice! Thank you Ryan.

Hmmm...where can I find a good, small magnet ?
Old 10-18-2005, 09:46 PM   #756
Tech Adept

thanks arun for always helping muchmore guys on rctech~
TeamMuchMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:47 PM   #757
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
Nice! Thank you Ryan.

Hmmm...where can I find a good, small magnet ?

Thanks Nexus. Those magnets look like the one's that Miniz's use on the outside of their motors.
Tony Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:41 PM   #758
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Radio Shack has really small neo mags like that. I learned that from all the slot car racers!
Old 10-19-2005, 02:28 PM   #759
JL
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've just got myself a Ctx charger and after playing with it for about an hour I'm very impressed with it.

I've changed the melodies and tones to my tastes but....

How can you turn that anoying start up tone off?

I can't see it anywhere in the manual.

Thanks,
Jason
JL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:30 PM   #760
tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooge
Other than you managing to blow it up how's the charger been?
I'm lurking in this thread because I'm planning on getting one. I specifically need a charger that can charge Lithium cells.
This charger rocks man !! ....... so far I have excellent runtime and the punch is ....well ....... very good.....this is achieved via the CTX 3 phase charge mode........charging the lipo......no problemo too..............no point me saying so much here......just get one and you'll never regret it.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:22 PM   #761
B&O
Tech Apprentice

I have a question in regarding to the li/po charge mode. It can only charge my Li/Po half. My Li/Po is 11.1V 3 cells 1300mah. I have tried to use Team Much More Power Supply, Other supplies? The result is the same.

Any suggestion on how I can put more charge into the cells. Once it reach half way, the charge amp will drop down to 0.3 instead of 1 that I set at the very beginning.
B&O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 12:09 AM   #762
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&O
I have a question in regarding to the li/po charge mode. It can only charge my Li/Po half. My Li/Po is 11.1V 3 cells 1300mah. I have tried to use Team Much More Power Supply, Other supplies? The result is the same.

Any suggestion on how I can put more charge into the cells. Once it reach half way, the charge amp will drop down to 0.3 instead of 1 that I set at the very beginning.
How much amp did you put in? Mine also not optimum, only 12 volts read at KO Helios. My friend's using Apace Li/Po charger goes up to 12.5 volts.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:59 AM   #763
Tech Master

hi!

what does the flex feature do on the battery when i enable it on mm cell master? like in ni-mh battery!
babytoy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 03:18 AM   #764
B&O
Tech Apprentice

Well, I only put 1.0A. As the voltage picks up, charge amp starts to decrease...at the half way, the voltage is about 12.5 the charge will ended automatically. My power supply is suppling about 14V.

Someone else suggest me to get a new supply that they go up 15V and see how this will help?
B&O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 05:03 AM   #765
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&O

It is normal for Li-Po charging mode to use lower A at the end of charging. My chargers do the same too. The instruction of my charger says that Li/Po charging mode is Constant Current at the beginning then Constant Voltage at the end of charging. Li-Po cells cannot withstand too high supply voltage and too low cell voltage. Handling is not easy.
LazyBug is offline   Reply With Quote