Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Much-More cell master v1 >

Team Much-More cell master v1

Team Much-More cell master v1

Old 09-27-2005, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hi Nexus,

Just noticed on Cell Master, to start the LLO charging the manual says use >| forwrd button for 2 secs or more to start it...On my Cell Master pressing >| forward for 2 secs will start charging under delta peak but I have found out that pressing the <| backward button immediately for 2 secs or more will change it to LLO charging. Is this normal ? Or is it a typo error on the manual?

anyway, I have tried the LLO last nite (finally the LLO worked , damn backward button ) and have had improvements on charging.. I end up with LLO of 23 mins to get my 1700 Panasonic Nicad charged to its full capacity..actually stopped @ 1850mAh, 35C deg temp..much better temperature I guess though it is not that hot as my IB3600's @ 45-48C deg fully charged...

Thanks.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey guys, a couple of questions.

1) Can someone explain what "flex charging" is? Does it just fluctuate the amps during the charge? What does this do for you?

2) How do you feel this charger stacks up against the 35 GFX? That IS of course the mother of all chargers...

I'm contemplating a new charger, and right now its a coin toss. The MM is a lot cheaper, but then again, the GFX is a GFX... I have a Millenium right now, and it seems like step charging is the ultimate way to get performance while taking better care of your batteries. So I'm jumpin' on the bandwagon! But which one do I jump on?
-Josh
Old 09-28-2005, 07:31 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

I have a cell master and a gfx.

The gfx just feels as if I get better charges in it. My cell master false peaks a lot it doesn't have a lock out function.

But I love that cell master, small and of high quality.

Its a tough choice for you, get both =)

Havent seen any better charge in step charging, honestly I'm believing its a gimmick more then anything
Old 09-28-2005, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TCR
My cell master false peaks a lot it doesn't have a lock out function.
Cellmaster has long lock out function
Old 09-28-2005, 08:38 PM
Tech Adept

It definitely has a lock-out function if you use step charging. However, you have to manually activate it when you do peak charging by holding down the left button for >2 seconds and then it will lock it out for 10 minutes (unless you changed the value during setup).
Old 09-29-2005, 02:11 AM
TCR
Tech Addict

ahh thank you, I knew it did, the instructions aren't all that great.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Default LLO function

There are three ways you can apply LLO in Cell master charger.

1. Press > button more than 3seconds until you see key sign on the display at PEAK CHG or CTX CHG.

2. Press < button more than 2 seconds during PEAK CHG or CTX.

If you apply LLO at CTX CHG, you will see double key signs, one is for capacity(LLO until 2nd step), the other one is for time(LLO 10 minutes-default value).

3. LLO by capacity set at CTX CHG.
CM will apply LLO until second (2/3) step.

Besides, if you adjust current rate during Peak CHG, you will see key mark blinks. this is also temporarily LLO. it prevents false peak also.

Originally Posted by Edgarski
Hi Nexus,

Just noticed on Cell Master, to start the LLO charging the manual says use >| forwrd button for 2 secs or more to start it...On my Cell Master pressing >| forward for 2 secs will start charging under delta peak but I have found out that pressing the <| backward button immediately for 2 secs or more will change it to LLO charging. Is this normal ? Or is it a typo error on the manual?

anyway, I have tried the LLO last nite (finally the LLO worked , damn backward button ) and have had improvements on charging.. I end up with LLO of 23 mins to get my 1700 Panasonic Nicad charged to its full capacity..actually stopped @ 1850mAh, 35C deg temp..much better temperature I guess though it is not that hot as my IB3600's @ 45-48C deg fully charged...

Thanks.

Last edited by Ryan Lee; 09-29-2005 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Charger Error Codes

I am very new to R/C racing. I will be attending my first race this month. I get a code on my MM that says "Low Cell" and it stops running. Could someone tell me what this means. Does it mean that there is a bad cell in my pack?
Is there somewhere that I can get a listing of the various codes that show up on the screen?

I apologize for the stupid question, but I am going through a "steep learning curve" right now.

Thanks.
Barry
Old 10-02-2005, 06:25 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Hey Guys just wanted to let you know that Much More Racings product support is great. I had a problem out of my motor master in Vegas and within a few minutes of hearing about it Keith Yu of Much More North America brought me a new one in exchange!!

Now thats great customer service!!

Thanks

EA
Old 10-02-2005, 07:14 PM
tornado

Hey Nexus / Ryan Lee

Hope you guys could help me out on this.

My second unit cell master is acting pretty strange :
I charges with no problems in the first stage of the CTX charge mode but it gives me the "chk clip" error message in the second phase.

here is my charge profile :

stage 1 : 7.0A 2400mah flex off
Stage 2 : 0.2A 2420mah flex off
stage 3 : 5.0A 4000mah flex off , peak cut @ 3mV

was advise to try another charge memory but to no avail.

care to shed some light or shall I send this charger to my retailer?

Old 10-02-2005, 08:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tornado
Hey Nexus / Ryan Lee

Hope you guys could help me out on this.

My second unit cell master is acting pretty strange :
I charges with no problems in the first stage of the CTX charge mode but it gives me the "chk clip" error message in the second phase.

here is my charge profile :

stage 1 : 7.0A 2400mah flex off
Stage 2 : 0.2A 2420mah flex off
stage 3 : 5.0A 4000mah flex off , peak cut @ 3mV

was advise to try another charge memory but to no avail.

care to shed some light or shall I send this charger to my retailer?
I have seen some confuse the flex setting with the fan setting; are you certain that it says "Fn" in every phase?

The only time I have ever seen this happen is when Flex was accidentally activated when charging at a very low amp rate (such as 0.2A in phase 2).
Old 10-03-2005, 08:13 PM
tornado

Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
I have seen some confuse the flex setting with the fan setting; are you certain that it says "Fn" in every phase?

The only time I have ever seen this happen is when Flex was accidentally activated when charging at a very low amp rate (such as 0.2A in phase 2).
I'm very sure that "Fn" in every phase.

Old 10-03-2005, 08:24 PM
Tech Regular

I just got a CTX and am very pleased w/ it

I love CTX charging, I can feel that there is much less "drop off" at the end of each run.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:02 AM
Tech Regular

My Cell masterīs fans are quite loud. Is it suppose to be so or can you do something to reduce the noise?
Old 10-04-2005, 02:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Holmenkollen
My Cell masterīs fans are quite loud. Is it suppose to be so or can you do something to reduce the noise?
Hi there,

First of all thanks for purchasing MuchMore Product.
You can not do something about the fan, the fan is loud because it's a high RPM fan, in order to reduce the size of Cell Master(bigger heatsink = bigger unit) We have put faster fan to cool down the heatsink attached to FET. It is trade off for having smaller charger with a such a feature.

There are 2 step of RPM built in which is detected by temperature of heatsink. that's how we try to reduce the noise.

Noise will not bother you at the track but I woudn't say it's quite when you are using at home.

thanks

james

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.