R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-17-2005, 10:47 AM   #226
Tech Addict

ryan lee YGPM
dyaz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 01:40 PM   #227
Tech Regular

hey i just got the cell master and so far quite happy with it.. but i have a few questions :
I'm only using stick packs at the moment.

1. Can i use the CTX mode? from the manual, it says i have to completely discharge the pack if i want to use CTX mode. But since i'm using stick packs,it's not possible, so should i just stick with the peak mode? (no pun intended)

2. What is a good setting/procedure for charging: Tamiya 1400mah NiCD stick pack and GP3300 stick pack? what amp and what is delta peak value should i use? ( i saw there is a recommend setting for GP, but not sure if it's for stick pack or not and whether there is any better setting)

3. When i'm charging the battery (in peak mode), i notice that if i press the up/down button, the lower left screen with change from 5.0A to something like 5.0S, and i can adjust it from 0->9S i think. So what is that setting?

4.is the Long lock out time a global setting? (i.e. apply to all profiles) or can i adjust it for each charginig profile?

5. what is the best way to attach the temperature sensor? (rememrber i'm using a stick pack)

6. about the "zero-cut" at peak charge mode, do i HAVE to set the delta peak value to 00 to enable it? if so, what's the difference from the peak-cut?

Thanks, it's an awesome charger but it's also got so many feature so that's why i got so many questions

Richard
yellow15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 06:15 AM   #228
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: reference

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Lee
4.5A or 5.0 anything is ok, the important is the refenrence.
You need to keep same charging ampere always.

Left side's terminals for programing(burning IC),

Right side' secket is for Muchmore's fan stand controlled by temp sensor come with CM or Battery warmer for Winter.
This is our exclusive function. Fan acts automaically from target temperature, so battery never gets hot during charge.

I recommend to use only Muchmore's fan stand or Battery warmer because it allows below 500mA.(0.5A).

Ryan
hello Mr. Lee,

I have just bought one of this CTX charger.
I was wondering what is the special function of the fan stand output able to output below 500 mA? I find it hard to undertsand this statement.

On the contrary I have hooked my lower power fans to this unit and they seem to work fine!???

Is there a special feature in your fan stand??

I also have a 20A Much More power supply. I wonder how many device can I hooked up to? I have 2 chargers, (one MM and another that can output charge at 5A max.) 2 fans that is rated at 3A.

I would like to know if I add a motor master-which I plan to buy, will this power supply be adequate or do I need to buy another power supply?

TQ in advance for your advance.
Redalert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 06:22 AM   #229
Tech Master

To the guys who own this charger how are you discharging your race packs?

The charger only has 10amp discharge is this enough or do you guys just packs on a tray after your run?

If so what amp is your tray set at?

Thanks
TRAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 07:12 AM   #230
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

the Orion advantage and Cell master obviously seem to come from the same manufacturer... I think the cell-master doens't have the motor run-in feature enabled though. Any "unlock" trick to enable it?

Thanks!
Cheers,
Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 11:43 AM   #231
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by TRAJ
To the guys who own this charger how are you discharging your race packs?

The charger only has 10amp discharge is this enough or do you guys just packs on a tray after your run?

If so what amp is your tray set at?

Thanks
I find this question interesting, but I havent found an excat answer yet.

In this regards, the CDC 6 have an advantage, at least you have the option of going up to 20 amps.

But I think the big question is: How much do you discharge?

If you mainly do practise sessions, where you race the pack till it drop, do you actually need a high amp discharger?

But a discharger gives you more control, because "untill the car dump" is a quite wide definition....

If you dont need any data, an Indy Reactor 20 or 30 would do the job. And it would be in a separate unit, so you can charge and discharge at the same time.

But again, these data is nice, because you have more control over your packs. And you are able to cycle a pack, so you can get more control.

I tend to believe, that discharging the rest out of a raced pack at a too low rate, means that the pack will get more lazy over time... But I havent seen any evidence.

Have any of you guys seen a good discharger (without a built in charger )? I mean one, which can discharge at at least 20 amps, single cell discharge and with usefull data?
Old 02-23-2005, 12:57 PM   #232
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
Hey Guys,

the Orion advantage and Cell master obviously seem to come from the same manufacturer... I think the cell-master doens't have the motor run-in feature enabled though. Any "unlock" trick to enable it?

Thanks!
Cheers,
Paul
open each of them up and you will find that they are not the same units. they also have different functions. I've worked with them both and they are both very good chargers.
rocketron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 02:02 PM   #233
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What does CTX stand for and what does it do/mean?
Tony Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 12:36 AM   #234
tornado

Quote:
Originally posted by Ld_Tony
What does CTX stand for and what does it do/mean?
"CHARGE TILL X'plode ? .........."
Old 02-24-2005, 01:41 AM   #235
Tech Master

Default CTX motor master ( surikarn)

Ryan,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but here goes.... I've been using CTX MM for over a month now and love the CTX test mode and have been testing mod motors as low as 8 turns without any problems till recently. Nothing really bigggie since only the two fans stop working and anything else is working fine but I stop using it two days ago of worries that I might fry some electronics inside without the fans to cool the inside . What do you think is causing the fans to stop working? I hope it's only a fuse and is it safe to open it and change the fans myself?I am no electornic expert but soldering fan is not as hard as soldering batteries, is it?

I have couple of much more fans that I use to cool my motors and thinking of using it? What do you think?

thanks.

CE-X
centax error! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 01:54 AM   #236
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by rocketron
open each of them up and you will find that they are not the same units. they also have different functions. I've worked with them both and they are both very good chargers.
mmh... well I guess if the internals aren't the same, it obviously makes my question a stupid one...

Somehow I was convinced the Orion was a rebadged MM... oh well.

I really, really need to replace my T30 which is way too big... so far I keep in on my pit table because it charges (strong), discharges (fast) AND can run my lathe... If now I could find a package that provides the same functions, but in less space, I'd be a happy camper...

Thanks for the info,
cheers,
Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 05:11 AM   #237
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: CTX motor master ( surikarn)

Quote:
Originally posted by centax error!
Ryan,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but here goes.... I've been using CTX MM for over a month now and love the CTX test mode and have been testing mod motors as low as 8 turns without any problems till recently. Nothing really bigggie since only the two fans stop working and anything else is working fine but I stop using it two days ago of worries that I might fry some electronics inside without the fans to cool the inside . What do you think is causing the fans to stop working? I hope it's only a fuse and is it safe to open it and change the fans myself?I am no electornic expert but soldering fan is not as hard as soldering batteries, is it?

I have couple of much more fans that I use to cool my motors and thinking of using it? What do you think?

thanks.

CE-X
Hi Centax Error,

Thank you for using the MM. It's a bit off-thread (this being a thread on the charger) but your best bet is to speak to your local hobby store where you purchased the product - they should be able to get it looked at by the distributor.

Thanks,

Keith.
keithander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 06:08 AM   #238
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Questions about the Motor Master

for thos inquiring about the Motor Master - motor checker from Much More racing... here's a thread: Team Much More Racing - Motor Master
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 01:42 PM   #239
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by yellow15
hey i just got the cell master and so far quite happy with it.. but i have a few questions :

1. Can i use the CTX mode? from the manual, it says i have to completely discharge the pack if i want to use CTX mode. But since i'm using stick packs,it's not possible, so should i just stick with the peak mode? (no pun intended)

2. What is a good setting/procedure for charging: Tamiya 1400mah NiCD stick pack and GP3300 stick pack? what amp and what is delta peak value should i use? ( i saw there is a recommend setting for GP, but not sure if it's for stick pack or not and whether there is any better setting)

3. When i'm charging the battery (in peak mode), i notice that if i press the up/down button, the lower left screen with change from 5.0A to something like 5.0S, and i can adjust it from 0->9S i think. So what is that setting?

4.is the Long lock out time a global setting? (i.e. apply to all profiles) or can i adjust it for each charginig profile?

5. what is the best way to attach the temperature sensor? (rememrber i'm using a stick pack)

6. about the "zero-cut" at peak charge mode, do i HAVE to set the delta peak value to 00 to enable it? if so, what's the difference from the peak-cut?

Thanks, it's an awesome charger but it's also got so many feature so that's why i got so many questions

Richard

ANYONE????
yellow15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 08:52 PM   #240
Tech Regular

Default RE:CM

Quote:
Originally posted by yellow15

If you discharged your pack with Cell master cut volt 5.4V, it is regarded almost fully discharged.
Of course, you can use CTX mode.

PEAK CHG MODE
Tamiya 1400mAh
4~5A, 3~10mV LongLockOut 15min.

GP3300
4~7A, 3~6mV LongLockOut 20min.

You can change charging amp during charging without charge stop. Also you can change delta peak, cut off temp, longlockout etc. Please check the manual indetail.

15~20min always works fine. According to my test, almost all batteries have stable voltage increasing after 20min of charging.

Just place the temp prob under a battery pack. this is easy and perfect.

Peak cut looks for the difference between peak voltage and the value of negative delta peak.
But Zero-delta peak does not wait until negative delta peak.
Zero delta peak function terminates charging before delta peak.
This will not hurt your battery by overcharging and runtime is not much different with delta peak. Zero delta peak is our exclusive algorithm.

It's my pleasure if I could help you out!

Ryan/Muchmore

Richard
Ryan Lee is offline   Reply With Quote