R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-31-2011, 10:40 AM   #481
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!!

As a N.O.R.C.A.R. member I just want to thank all of the racers for coming,and thank all the locals for their help this weekend.This was a great time and everything went well.Everyone should be getting ready to come back to Cleveland in November....SEE you there!!!!!
TWILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:51 AM   #482
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the weekend festivities, I'd like to give regonition to the NORCAR/Gate crew Wayne, Chuck, Mike, Ron, Steve, Sloppy Joe, and many others. They spent many long nights figuring out how to cram a Geotz load of guys in a small space, they painted and cleaned the Hanulec commemorative latrines, covered tech flawlessly and kept the show moving along very well. And all the racers both travelers and locals alike, from Canada to Italy, the infamous Gayte and Sydor Slam will be talked about for generations. It is guys like this that make the Halloween Classic and Midwest Grandslam what they are.
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:54 AM   #483
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman996 View Post
Had a lot of fun in the pits sitting next to Goetz - I think he touched me once though so does that count as an initiation?
lies!! i touched you twice. you were asleep for the second one. (man, that's creepy ...

yep, another one in the books. i appreciate all the effort involved to put these things on. thank you to the new regime at our place for carrying the torch this year. (wayne - the bathrooms truly were nothing short of incredible! ).

and thanks to those who came out (again for most of you) to make it happen. i got my wish (50+ in spec sedan), and the competition was the highest i've seen it in a few years. i'm hoping that as the mws series goes on, that it's not the battle of attrition it's been in the past. some good rivalries are heating up, and there are 3 races left to decide the victor.

hope to see you ladies in michigan ...
Old 10-31-2011, 11:06 AM   #484
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite 12th View Post
EJ said you did well Larry

Care to post set up?

Also can you tell me in the top 12th thread how to set up ft end please regarding ackerman, steering blocks, servo, etc...

Also how you set up shock please

Thank you
The setup we are running in 17.5 and 13.5 has been posted already on the rebel thread. It was the same from the iic. Please jump over to that thread..
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:07 AM   #485
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
The setup we are running in 17.5 and 13.5 has been posted already on the rebel thread. It was the same from the iic. Please jump over to that thread..
Thanks I will go look through the last few pages

Old 10-31-2011, 11:11 AM   #486
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
Especially backlit by the sun! I'm glad my pits faced the back of the building.

Yes!

You're not supposed to wear white after Labor Day. Is that how the old saying goes?

Yes. It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
I was only 2 seats away from the person of interest and (luckily?) didn't witness anything. However, given some of the driving performances I'd say a good number of you guys were quite distracted by it

I caught Sydor looking that way and smiling despite his car NOT being in the sweeper.......
Old 10-31-2011, 11:38 AM   #487
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Between the stories and the lack of any results I'm beginning to believe no actual racing took place this weekend.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:40 AM   #488
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoods34 View Post
I was only 2 seats away from the person of interest and (luckily?) didn't witness anything. However, given some of the driving performances I'd say a good number of you guys were quite distracted by it

I caught Sydor looking that way and smiling despite his car NOT being in the sweeper.......
HAHAHAH, front row seat all weekend....
Old 10-31-2011, 11:48 AM   #489
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was gypped I didn't get any round 4... I was promised 2 round 4s....

So round 5 is round 4 and the mains are round 6 mud/clear

http://www.rc50.com/results/2011halloween/
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:15 PM   #490
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
sydor was already causing trouble at the hotel tonight. heard he asked for another bed to put between the 2 kings that were already in the room.... and then complained about the price of the room and said he paid for the room never mind how many people where going to be "sleeping" in it........

the night manager came back to the desk to check me in saying something about they weren't getting any more towels.... and they better keep the vasoline off the walls unlike back in 98
Wow... What a weekend, The GAYTE's did an awesome job this past weekend... I'm more exhausted from this past weekend then I was at the IIC.

What is weird -- after all the post race "activities", the room wasn't as bad- as years past. But I found a jar of old mustard...Thought the rules were established for the use of gear diff oils only.... And also saw a weird print glistening from the lights on ALL the headboards...

Till the next one.
Awesomatix USA, AVID, Serpent USA / Desoto Racing, Team Scream, LRP, Psycho Cells Racing, Sweep Racing, T.Q. Wire, Hurricane Motorsports, Core Creations, Hobbytown USA of K.C., 2mm Design and ProLevel
BSYDOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:19 PM   #491
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHoff7 View Post
HAHAHAH, front row seat all weekend....
The big question is did you ENJOY the show?

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:19 PM   #492
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Between the stories and the lack of any results I'm beginning to believe no actual racing took place this weekend.

with all the lurking you do on the forums..starting to think that you really do want to race....cmon buy her some flowers and ask her pleeeease...

insanity takes it's toll...please have exact change
bpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:40 PM   #493
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpalmer View Post
with all the lurking you do on the forums..starting to think that you really do want to race....cmon buy her some flowers and ask her pleeeease...
I do want to race..... in Cincinnati at an indoor track. Unfortunately there is no such thing.

and before someone says Indy... would really just like to race weeknights with an occassional big weekend race.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:42 PM   #494
Tech Elite

Default 12th 17.5 "B" main gap from Dirla to Flipse

all I could think is don't tap out! what a rush!!!

RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:03 PM   #495
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

For my first race at the Gate I want to thank everyone that made it happen. I am going to start booking holidays now so I can make the rest of the series. I hope to see everyone again at the indoor champs.

Adam Hutchison- the "new" canadian
Howdy_beecha is offline   Reply With Quote