miccal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:46 AM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

XRAY X12 Specs Revealed
Old 10-21-2011, 08:32 AM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

For me the new lowered bulkheads and stronger rear axle are a much welcomed change/update on the car. I'm new to 12th scale and have recently purchased the XII Link. The car has been running great in the 17.5 blinky class. It would be nice if I can upgrade these 2 items without too much issue.

Hopefully, the mounting locations for the bulkheads are the same. Trying out the side tubes vs. the shock would be nice as well. Does anyone close to Xray/RC America know the ETA for the car/parts?
Old 10-21-2011, 08:34 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John.C View Post
For me the new lowered bulkheads and stronger rear axle are a much welcomed change/update on the car. I'm new to 12th scale and have recently purchased the XII Link. The car has been running great in the 17.5 blinky class. It would be nice if I can upgrade these 2 items without too much issue.

Hopefully, the mounting locations for the bulkheads are the same. Trying out the side tubes vs. the shock would be nice as well. Does anyone close to Xray/RC America know the ETA for the car/parts?
I have to imagine it should be 3 to 4 weeks at most from this point.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:50 AM   #35
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:

Rear pod plates will bolt right up to the XII. All parts should be interchangeable as well. The Cross brace standoffs are shorter and spring location has changed which would require the new bottom plate as well for the pod if changing the cross brace.

Kits are have been in production for a few weeks and should be leaving the factory any day now which would put them on the market here around the middle to end of November I think.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:47 AM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Rear pod plates will bolt right up to the XII. All parts should be interchangeable as well. The Cross brace standoffs are shorter and spring location has changed which would require the new bottom plate as well for the pod if changing the cross brace.

Kits are have been in production for a few weeks and should be leaving the factory any day now which would put them on the market here around the middle to end of November I think.

EA
Thanks everyone for the info!! I wanted to make sure that the new/revised bulkheads will bolt right up to the existing XII Link rear pod plates. Being able to run smaller diameter tires is well worth the cost of upgrading the bulkheads. I'll probably stick with the side shock for now since it requires purchasing new lower plates and other bits.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:28 AM   #37
Team EAM

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the info!! I wanted to make sure that the new/revised bulkheads will bolt right up to the existing XII Link rear pod plates. Being able to run smaller diameter tires is well worth the cost of upgrading the bulkheads. I'll probably stick with the side shock for now since it requires purchasing new lower plates and other bits.

No problem! Any more questions just let us know! Also I noticed in the pic they are releasing the 2.5mm off set ride height adjuster too. We have had some we tested for a while to see if we would ever use them. With those and the new pod plates I ran tires at IIC down to 1.63mm and still made ride height!

EA
Old 10-21-2011, 10:28 AM   #38
Tech Initiate

I think the X12 looks interesting, seems to have some useful updates.
Is this the Parma Zytec 04S Body they use to present the car http://www.redrc.net/2011/10/xray-x1...ar/#more-48429 ? Is this body state of the art? Here everybody is running Black Art or the Protoform Aston Martin.
Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #39
Tech Apprentice

Super !!! ... looks really good with really many of the asked changes. Wel done teamdrivers and Xray.

The 2,5 mm ride height adjuster has been available here in europe for the most af last season ... in the ride height adjuster set V2 (version 2). I have used them a lot before I got my rear bulkheads milled down 0,5 mm. Now I mostly use them in practice to run my rears down (between 42 and 41,5) ... there can just be squeezed 3-4 runs more out of them.

The only thing that seems a bit stange is the "off-set" placement of the antenna post, but if its work, it must be ok. The rest of the standmount, shock/antenna plate and shockplacement is genious. Looking forward to try the new longer shock in the more horisontal position (currently driving with a more upright shockposition lowered by 2,5 mm from std.) ... and all the other tings in the new package

Longer BALL-END 4.2MM - THREADED - HUDY SPRING STEEL™ - just by 1,5 mm so the thread go all the way down into the steering block when shimmed up by 4,0-4,5 mm to take cambergain out.

Jens
jensroland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:43 PM   #40
Tech Adept

Does anyone know if the wheelbase of the X12 is close to the Speedmerchant Xray conversion?
12thScaleCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:50 PM   #41
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thScaleCrazy View Post
Does anyone know if the wheelbase of the X12 is close to the Speedmerchant Xray conversion?
X12 is 200-201mm.

EA
Old 10-22-2011, 08:40 AM   #42
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Will the xray rear axle fit into an Associatted 12r5.1 and still have the correct offset?
dontfeelcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:56 AM   #43
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontfeelcold View Post
Will the xray rear axle fit into an Associatted 12r5.1 and still have the correct offset?
I think it will but you would have to use the Xray hub on the right side too because their setup is different (and better. Best thrust design period!!) than AE's or anyone elses.

EA
Old 10-23-2011, 01:32 PM   #44
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Shims between lower arm and caster block

By looking at some IIC photos of the new car, at least Lemiux's car has some shim between lower front arm and the caster block?
Or am I missing something...
What does this setting do the the car?
Peakki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:32 PM   #45
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakki View Post
By looking at some IIC photos of the new car, at least Lemiux's car has some shim between lower front arm and the caster block?
Or am I missing something...
What does this setting do the the car?
This lengthens out the upper A arm and reduces camber gain making the steering smoother.

EA