Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Mark Pavidis Is Sadly Leaving Associated... >

Mark Pavidis Is Sadly Leaving Associated...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mark Pavidis Is Sadly Leaving Associated...

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 03:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Unhappy Mark Pavidis Is Sadly Leaving Associated...

Here are words from THE MAN himself:

"Yes it is true I will be leaving Associated at the end of the year. I have been one of the most loyal guys out there. My decision to leave Associated was a hard one but also the decision did not happen overnight. I want to thank eveyone at Associated for all the support they have given me over the years. CHanging is not a easy thing to do for me since I have never done it in my 20 years of racing for Associated. I feel that this change is something I need to do and I am very much looking forward to the challenge.

Next year I will be racing for Kyosho working with them on new projects. Kyosho has alot of exciting things going on right now as well as for the future. I am changing teams but all the friends I have made will stay the same.
"

All the Best of Luck to you Mark! AE fans and supporters are definitley sad to see you go. Hope some of your projects involve newer and better Electric Off-Road kits. It would be nice to see a 3rd brand out there become consistently competetive again. Kyosho at one point had that in the late 80's. Take it Easy and again goodluck on your new challenge!
Old 11-23-2004, 06:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Mark has always been one of my favorite racers. And being a Kyosho consumer since my Turbo Optima, I was still rooting for Mark at the Worlds. In the ocean of V-One RRRs in the A-main, I was hoping to see a US car and driver make the top 10. I'm sure though that in Mark's case, change will be for the best of him. Good luck!!!
Old 11-23-2004, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

WO.....before I got to the Kyosho part, I totally thought he was moving to Losi. Kyosho must have some serious things planned for the future or he wouldn't be making such a change.....

Good Luck to Mark!
Old 11-23-2004, 06:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There was a thread about this like 2 weeks ago - "Mark Pavidis to Kyosho"......
Old 11-23-2004, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Remember that Pavidis also races 1/8th scale buggies so it was no big deal if he extended his contract with them for racing in this class.... he still would race AE Off-Road & On-Road kits (and even a Durango, Yokomo, & BJ4 by JConcepts on different ocassions). This latest announcement makes him an exclusive Kyosho Driver and it seems he will be involved in the development side of various kits and products. I'm not so sure but this could mean that he might leave Pro-Line as well....

Either way.... it's tough news for ANY Associated fan
Old 11-23-2004, 11:51 AM
PaZ
Tech Master

Trully gutted
Old 11-23-2004, 12:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Kyosho has been working on a new TC in Japan from what I've heard and I think they're bringing him on full ride to promote the new TC here in the states. They're also working on a new 4wd buggy based on the same layout as the TC.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:24 PM
Tech Regular

The Proline sponsorship has nothing to do with Associated or Kyosho so he is staying on with Proline.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I think he ment the Pro-line employment.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Unhappy

Mark Pavidis inspired me to run a B3 in a sea of T3's at my local track. As a diehard AE fan I will miss him ! Best of luck Mark!
Old 11-23-2004, 12:47 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

WOW!!!!!!! One of the truely great guys in our sport/hobby. Good luck to Mark in his new venture.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally posted by jkerr0043
Kyosho has been working on a new TC in Japan from what I've heard and I think they're bringing him on full ride to promote the new TC here in the states. They're also working on a new 4wd buggy based on the same layout as the TC.
Any info on the Kyosho TC? Is it a belt or a shaft?
Old 11-23-2004, 01:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The pics I've seen are a shaft drive plate chassis. There was a thread on here a while back about it. Can't remember where though. It almost looked like a triple deck car the way they had the bulkhead braces configuerd. It looked like it could be just as competitive as anyother car out there. Maybe a little on the heavy side. I think they just need a driver to drive it. I think that's what the purpose of bringing Mark in will be.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for all of the support from everyone. Leaving Associated is tuff but it is not a decision I made overnight. I am looking forward to racing for Kyosho in all the classes. I will still be working at Proline full time but next year all of my racing will be with Kyosho cars.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What about the electric classes??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.