Wiki Posts
Search

RC12LW Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 02:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default RC12LW Parts?

I just won an RC12LW on eBay and all the nylon is dyed PINK, not a big fan, is there anywhere I can look for parts besides eBay? Are there later generation 12L parts that will interchange? Are any 10L parts the same? The rear pod sides and front suspension look a lot like what I have on my 10L, that's why I ask. Not sure why I bought this, not planning to race it, I think I want to toss a cheap brushless in it and see how fast it will go!

-Joe
Old 10-01-2011, 02:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joeman37
I just won an RC12LW on eBay and all the nylon is dyed PINK, not a big fan, is there anywhere I can look for parts besides eBay? Are there later generation 12L parts that will interchange? Are any 10L parts the same? The rear pod sides and front suspension look a lot like what I have on my 10L, that's why I ask. Not sure why I bought this, not planning to race it, I think I want to toss a cheap brushless in it and see how fast it will go!

-Joe
Real men drive cars with Pink parts,but if you are dead set against just dye them black.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean
Real men drive cars with Pink parts,but if you are dead set against just dye them black.
I've never really dyed parts, is it that easy? I'll have to try it then! Thanks!

-Joe
Old 10-01-2011, 04:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've never really dyed parts, is it that easy? I'll have to try it then! Thanks!

-Joe
1 or 2 caps full of liquid rit dye to a few quarts of water, boil, dip for as long as it takes, retrieve, cool, done.

Use an old pot. Any splashes dye counter tops, floors, and some sinks as well as any cloth. You have been warned!
Old 10-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

-Joe
Other than what Buckaroo said its really easy to dye black,other color take a little work.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Tech Champion

Given they are pink now you could probably get away with going with red if you want something other than black...then if the red doesn't take right you can still go with black.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Rookie

hi sorry to hijack the thread i have a rc12lw with lots of bits some still new i am looking to sell it i will get it up on ebay how much is it worth do you think ?
Old 10-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chester-lad
hi sorry to hijack the thread i have a rc12lw with lots of bits some still new i am looking to sell it i will get it up on ebay how much is it worth do you think ?
PM sent.

Thanks to everyone else for the replies, I think I will try red and if it looks crappy then black.

-Joe
Old 10-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have a 12LC and most of parts are interchangeable up to the L4.

You can try Losi, Associated and Traxxas part house, www.losipartshouse.com