Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
motor problems.... please help!! >

motor problems.... please help!!

motor problems.... please help!!

Old 10-03-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Default motor problems.... please help!!

i have a novak gts pro sport esc wired to an team infinity 10T motor and a 4000MaH tamiya battery. when i plug the battery in the motor spins totaly by itself. it even does it if the car is turned off. anybody got any ideas whats wrong?
Old 10-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Calibrate the ESC to your radio.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by samnelso
Calibrate the ESC to your radio.
Oops, guess I need to read your post. Since it even does it with the car off, recheck your wiring and make sure the switch is good (you can usually pop the plastic cover off the switch and use a multimeter to make sure the switching works). Other than that, your esc may be broke?
Old 10-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Rookie

the switch works because iv tryed it with the steering on and off. but the motor does its own thing, i wired it up the same way as the manual however the manual doesnt show the tamiya method? could this be why? if so how should it be wired?
Old 10-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Tech Initiate

i'd check correct wiring , sounds like you've bypassed the esc, either that or esc or switch is faulty.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Couple of things.

First, once you get this thing working, please note that according to the setup guide, this thing is good for up to a 12T brushed motor. So, your 10T motor is too hot for this ESC.

Second, the instructions show a "y" wiring method. Assuming by the "Tamiya method" you mean that your battery has a plug on it, I would wire it using the "y" method. Fig. 6 on the manual shows this. If you have a connector on your battery, you need to have the male version of the connector on the "y", instead of the wires soldered directly to the battery as shown in the figure. Hope that makes sense.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Tech Rookie

yeah my battery does have a clip, iv tried the "Y" method also and still get the same outcome, this makes total sense though because the motor still gets its supply before the esc. should the esc be giving the motor the supply? if so then there isnt enough posotive terminals on the esc because ones for the capaciter and other for the motor/ battery. there both wird into the same posotive, is this were iv gone wrong?