Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Race Commentary.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Race Commentary.....

I have listened/watched a few races I've downloaded from the net and as cool as the races are does anyone else find race commentaries extremely annoying/distracting (particually the guy that did the Reedy and worlds races I've seen) especially if you're on the stand and it's your race?

Here in NZ although I havent raced for ages I do recall that there was never any commentary and in fact talking over a race like that was considered rude/off putting.

Last edited by Mabuchi540; 11-20-2004 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-20-2004, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Here in the US we want everything more "wrestling like" as WWE as can be. It makes the racing more exciting. Ive watches some euro and japanese races and almost fell asleep. The anouncer you are refering to is Scotty Earnst from Trackside Hobbies he is the absolute best. He really gets the crowd into the race and makes it better for everyone. Sometimes it can make a driver nervous but if our sport is going to go anywhere and grow, it needs to be exciting to watch as well as participate.
Old 11-20-2004, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Default Just wondering....

Originally posted by Speedie
Here in the US we want everything more "wrestling like" as WWE as can be. It makes the racing more exciting. Ive watches some euro and japanese races and almost fell asleep. The anouncer you are refering to is Scotty Earnst from Trackside Hobbies he is the absolute best. He really gets the crowd into the race and makes it better for everyone. Sometimes it can make a driver nervous but if our sport is going to go anywhere and grow, it needs to be exciting to watch as well as participate.
Do the racers have a choice in the U.S like say if the majority said no we don't want it for our races the tension is high enough tyvm?
Old 11-20-2004, 06:12 PM
Tech Adept

I dont think you will get the votes to not announce. Races are exciting and when the crowd gets involved and everyone is anticipating the cars then it is fun. Going up and racing with a dry annoucer that just announces times and laps is boring as hell. I have raced with Scotty announcing and wish every race was announced by him. He can make a Z-main sound like the best race in the world. Top notch.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Where did you find those races to download, I'd like to watch them.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

While I don't like leading and hearing "here comes 2nd place reelin' him in....", it makes you drive faster and really makes the races fun to watch. Good comentary keeps the mood up.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

The races are on teamorion.com Go to the worlds reports or the media section. It has the 12th and touring a mains.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Originally posted by DonkeyPuncher
Where did you find those races to download, I'd like to watch them.
www.rcvideos.net

www.teamorion.com

To name just two.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Talking

Originally posted by JimMcClure
The races are on teamorion.com Go to the worlds reports or the media section. It has the 12th and touring a mains.
Snap.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:48 PM
Tech Initiate

THANKS!
Old 11-20-2004, 07:13 PM
Tech Initiate

I have to agree, that guy is a little irritating to listen to. He never shuts up! I don't need to hear the running order repeated over and over again the enitre race. He must have given the order every five seconds. He could say about one fourth of what he says, and that would do it. Good voice and rythym though.
Old 11-20-2004, 07:25 PM
Suspended

That "annoying" guy is Scotty Ernst. He's a well known race announcer. He does a fantastic job, as he does more than just talk on the microphone. I got to work with him alot at the worlds and he's incredible.

And pro drivers don't get distracted by someone talking.. only us "club level" guys do that!
Old 11-20-2004, 07:28 PM
Tech Initiate

I know who it is. I have to adjust my opinion after listening to one of the Reedy races. The first one I watched was the Worlds, and in that one I thought he over did it bigtime. The Reedy race was excellent however.
Old 11-20-2004, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Your kidding! Right?

You obviously haven't been to or participated in too many races! This is probably why most of us race these very expensive toys and continue to regenerate this hobby!
IT'S AN ADRENALINE RUSH to be out there competing and pushing the limit of these cars and trying to beat your competition. The wanting to be the fastest out there and knowing at that one moment you were in the zone and nobody could stop you!
The annoucer is right there with you as if he was driving your car and decribing the rush the speed the high you are experiencing at that point in time. Dude! It just don't get any better than that!
No drug can match that feeling! And if the spectators watching all this going on for the first time seeing and feeling that need for speed by the annoucer describing what is going on,well then that's just icing on the cake! Those spectators will also want to feel what you are feeling and get into the sport also! They will buy that toy, support their LHS and more tracks will open up to supply the demand and the sport will continue to thrive! Isn't that what it's really all about!!
JUST MY 2
Old 11-20-2004, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Scotty does have a tendency to dramatize the race and can add a lot of pressure in already pressure filled situations. But that's not just him, that's any race announcer really.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.