Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 11:50 PM
Tech Regular

Looks like another winner

Not sure if I will be spending money just yet, already turned servo around (did that before even trying the car as standard), already have bulkhead clamps, already have two gear diffs, multi diff and ball diff (and use all as a tunning aids) already have ali shocks and like that I can stiffen up the front with the screws through the steering posts.

Might be more likely to spend money if there is a one piece block that holds the pin for the A arms and spacers inside the hub carriers to reduce slop. better pins in the UJ's or a sleeve to stop the pins coming out and some better quality bearings.

All that said, if your car has had a hard outdoor season and you are looking to replace it, I am sure the new T3 2012 will not disappoint. I have been involved in racing r/c cars for over 20years and without doubt thr T3 11 is the best car I have ever built, lets hope that continues with the T3 12

Quiet fancy one of those Awesomatrix things though

Bb
Old 10-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Bodies

With the change in shock towers does anyone know if we will be able to use the same body we run on our T3 10 and 11 Xrays
Old 10-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRESFR
With the change in shock towers does anyone know if we will be able to use the same body we run on our T3 10 and 11 Xrays
car isn't out yet... And usually the team drivers get parts to update their cars when there is an evolution of the old car. This would be dependent on the wheelbase staying the same (chassis length) and if they choose to use the same body post width... Ask again when the car is actually shipping to the EU lol.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CraigM
According to Martin this is not the car

No, this is one of the prototype chassis that we have been testing. It is Paul Lemieux`s car. The T3`12 chassis and top deck as well as shock towers are different

http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic....5142e&start=40
Paul has a habit of testing things on his own program (home made chassis and what not). Note on the upper bulkheads they are the old bulkheads with some height adjustment... So you can't always count on what he or Hagberg have on their cars as the new to be released parts. Keep in mind there is ongoing development to test new parts, most of which will never make it into production. The new car however is sure to please most people (I still know some hardcore guys that would rather run ball diffs for better corner speed) but c'est la vis.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
Paul has a habit of testing things on his own program (home made chassis and what not). Note on the upper bulkheads they are the old bulkheads with some height adjustment... So you can't always count on what he or Hagberg have on their cars as the new to be released parts. Keep in mind there is ongoing development to test new parts, most of which will never make it into production. The new car however is sure to please most people (I still know some hardcore guys that would rather run ball diffs for better corner speed) but c'est la vis.

Hope this helps.
Funny, one of the more enthusiastic Aussie team drivers had also milled down his front bulkhead clamps to be lower than L like Paul has on the rear of his IIC car. Not sure if it made him faster but it sure looks cool
Old 10-09-2011, 03:26 AM
Tech Master

spec r upper clamps are lower than xra y ones and they are quite affordable
Old 10-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I hope Xray will come up with a creative servo mount to keep the chassis the current width or they may as well make it same width as the HB TCX.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Funny, one of the more enthusiastic Aussie team drivers had also milled down his front bulkhead clamps to be lower than L like Paul has on the rear of his IIC car. Not sure if it made him faster but it sure looks cool
It's a better solution than the hobo link lol.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
It's a better solution than the hobo link lol.
I had forgotten about that! But hey it's kit setup on the TC6
Old 10-12-2011, 09:36 PM
Tech Champion

The drip feeding continues on twitter

Xray Racing Cars
All details about the new XRAY T3 2012 to be released this week at http://t.co/p3TzeZJN #RcCar #XRAY

Apparently Hagberg and Paul L were both running the new car at IIC but no photos were allowed
Old 10-12-2011, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

The drip feeding continues on twitter

Xray Racing Cars
All details about the new XRAY T3 2012 to be released this week at http://t.co/p3TzeZJN #RcCar #XRAY

Apparently Hagberg and Paul L were both running the new car at IIC but no photos were allowed
Just curious when the release date is lol.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Not sure about that .. I saw the cars close up and nothing really jumped out at me. If that was the 2012, then it was underwhelming, adj upper bulkheads, gear diff, the chassis was slightly different but not much. I saw one of the cars with the top deck mentioned back a ways in this post. Unless of course they switched cars sometime during the race .. but doubt it.

Here are some links to pics taken at the race.

Pics 370 - 375
http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=67&pos=369

http://www.liverc.com/photos/albums/...6-DSC_0369/lg/
Old 10-13-2011, 12:00 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ByteStream
Not sure about that .. I saw the cars close up and nothing really jumped out at me. If that was the 2012, then it was underwhelming, adj upper bulkheads, gear diff, the chassis was slightly different but not much. I saw one of the cars with the top deck mentioned back a ways in this post. Unless of course they switched cars sometime during the race .. but doubt it.

Pics 370 - 375

Not it I'm told
Old 10-13-2011, 12:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ByteStream

Pics 370 - 375

Martin hudy said that the car paul was running had a different chassis on it etc. And usually when paul gets a new batch of parts it's in pieces not a whole kit. So what he is running may not be "production" parts.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Nope.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.