Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Troy Carter
I'm a cheap ass so I never tried the Xray ECS shafts and went for the version 2 Spec-R ECS shafts. I've got 6 days on them and two hard hits and they are straight, tight and free. After the second hard hit one bound up a little but that was easily cleared up by cleaning the pin holes in the housing. So far I'm pretty happy with them.
well if the spec r ones are just as good
Then it makes sense to get the cheaper ones I can get the X-ray ones for $37(each one ) knowing this, would you get the spec r ones again or go X-ray?
Old 07-11-2012, 09:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Where did you run the springs? Front or rear?
Rear. I've been running 2.6/2.4 with 400cst and put the progressive on the rear. It made the car rotate through the turns amazingly well, but I think it overheated the tires with a quickness. We're putting new carpet down right now (HD, yay!) which should give us a bit more normal traction, so I'll be revisiting a lot of setup things to see how they work over the next few months. I plan on taking two 12's to IIC, one with each chassis combo and then running the one that works best. Or both.

Originally Posted by NolanP
Yeah how was it on longer sweepers?
Good question, we've had a short sweeper layout up for a while now. The previous one had sort of a medium sweeper, and it seemed fine. Here's a video of my car.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Troy Carter
I'm a cheap ass so I never tried the Xray ECS shafts and went for the version 2 Spec-R ECS shafts. I've got 6 days on them and two hard hits and they are straight, tight and free. After the second hard hit one bound up a little but that was easily cleared up by cleaning the pin holes in the housing. So far I'm pretty happy with them.
Are the Spec Rs 52mm or 50mm?
Old 07-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by narcotiks
well if the spec r ones are just as good
Then it makes sense to get the cheaper ones I can get the X-ray ones for $37(each one ) knowing this, would you get the spec r ones again or go X-ray?
Because I'm pretty happy with the Spec-R version 2 so far and they are only about $45 shipped I would still go with the Spec-R and spent the rest of the money on new tires. Mileage varies I'm sure but I'm happy so far.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Rear. I've been running 2.6/2.4 with 400cst and put the progressive on the rear. It made the car rotate through the turns amazingly well, but I think it overheated the tires with a quickness. We're putting new carpet down right now (HD, yay!) which should give us a bit more normal traction, so I'll be revisiting a lot of setup things to see how they work over the next few months. I plan on taking two 12's to IIC, one with each chassis combo and then running the one that works best. Or both.

Good question, we've had a short sweeper layout up for a while now. The previous one had sort of a medium sweeper, and it seemed fine. Here's a video of my car.
OK. Reason I ask is I tried them on front and rear in Poland along with some of the others. The Spring is equal to the Yokomo spring or very close. Most run it on the front to settle the car down but give more steering in the center. So you may try it with your normal 2.4 or 2.6 on the rear just to see how it feels.

EA
Old 07-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
OK. Reason I ask is I tried them on front and rear in Poland along with some of the others. The Spring is equal to the Yokomo spring or very close. Most run it on the front to settle the car down but give more steering in the center. So you may try it with your normal 2.4 or 2.6 on the rear just to see how it feels.
Very interesting! I'll give it a shot.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Hey guys just wondering if anybody here has run a front gear diff with 100000 in it ...and if so what did u think?
Old 07-11-2012, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Sorry, but I found that when using Blue the pins moved on me, I had to use red to hold the pins in place, that is until I went to Top's pin holders: Link I know others have suggested these and they are GREAT. No more CVD Pin issues.... These holders cut my lap times by .2 per lap... (Joke)....
Yep they will move if you're using the non-notched pins.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
Hey guys just wondering if anybody here has run a front gear diff with 100000 in it ...and if so what did u think?
The only time I've liked a front gdiff, is when it had putty or cleaning gum in it. Otherwise it felt dodgy at turn in, this is with 17.5t boosted btw.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Rear. I've been running 2.6/2.4 with 400cst and put the progressive on the rear. It made the car rotate through the turns amazingly well, but I think it overheated the tires with a quickness...
Been running them as well in the rear with 2.8 up front .. they seem very good in the early round(s), very good rotation, then as traction comes up, the rear looses side bite and the car becomes very difficult to drive.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Yep they will move if you're using the non-notched pins.
Yup .. the notched-pins should be bought right away for $5 .. never had one come out in 2 years (no heatshrink or collars).

A quick note on threadlock -

Make sure that you wipe ANY excess off right away or blow it out with an air compressor. If you get any between the coupling and the shaft (the rotating part) it may cause binding by seeping between the 2 parts. It's not immediately obvious untill it dries and at that point is probably installed in your car. Learned this a while back, when building some ECS for a friend.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I really like the thin/thin combo on the rug. In the faster classes, it gives me more steering at the expense of corner speed, but that works for me. It's one of those tuning options that requires you to bring two cars along, though.

The progressive springs were really strange for me. They create a dramatically different feeling in the car. I put them on last week and my first 3 laps were the 3 fastest I've ever turned on a layout I've been racing on a lot for 3 months. Then the car became loose and impossible to drive. I guess you could say they got progressively worse.

It really surprised me how different they made the car feel.
Where did you buy the progressive springs from?
Old 07-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamison R
Where did you buy the progressive springs from?
Part number and description: 308372 - Progressive spring set (2.2 - 2.6) (2)
Old 07-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Tech Adept

Default Switching tyres around!!

Hi,

Random question, when using the same set of tyres for a few meetings, is it best to keep them in the same position on the car or to switch them over left to right after each meeting so they wear more evenly?
Old 07-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt W
Hi,

Random question, when using the same set of tyres for a few meetings, is it best to keep them in the same position on the car or to switch them over left to right after each meeting so they wear more evenly?
Personally I found that certain tires like rotation, some dont. Between the ones that do, they can go different ways. I found for tires such as Solaris Hards you criss-cross them, so move front left to the right rear and right rear to the left front, do the same with the front right and left rear. This seems to make them last a good bit longer, but be careful on the first 2 or 3 laps, they can be wierd. For sweeps, such as 32's or 36's they like side to side. Not sure on Jaco's as our LHS doesnt stock them. These are my personal findings so if others want to say something as well it may be best to get more opinions and findings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.