Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Old 06-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by or8ital
First race day with the car. Had 8 straight DNFs with my TC6 before today. Finished all races in the top 3 today. Handled great all day.
So I take it the T3 has moved to the front of the line? Told you so!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M-Technic
The kit manual says 90* to the chassis, which is what I am running, but I had to use a LOT of subtrim to get my servo saver vertical, and my EPA's left and right are about 20% different.
Yeah, I had mine set up that way to begin with and then had trouble with the steering. I looked at the end points and they were way off from each other to get max mechanical endpoints on the car. I used the method I mentioned to even out my steering endpoints and my car drives so much better than it did before.

I used this on all my cars and it helped a ton!
Old 06-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kuruption
You need a screw remover... you can get them at Sears, Home Depot, etc. etc...

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/search=sc...e=CAT_REC_PRED
OK those bolt extractors do not work it basically cost me 30 bucks for nothing and i followed the instructions to a T......does any one else no of something that might work to get a stripped screw outta my diff housing
Old 06-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
So I take it the T3 has moved to the front of the line? Told you so!!!
Yes sir! Love it. Kinda knew in my heart all along that would be the case.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mera'din
Yeah, I had mine set up that way to begin with and then had trouble with the steering. I looked at the end points and they were way off from each other to get max mechanical endpoints on the car. I used the method I mentioned to even out my steering endpoints and my car drives so much better than it did before.

I used this on all my cars and it helped a ton!
Yeah my EPA setting from left to right is way out as well, not sure what to do to sort it
Old 06-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by theatriks
OK those bolt extractors do not work it basically cost me 30 bucks for nothing and i followed the instructions to a T......does any one else no of something that might work to get a stripped screw outta my diff housing
They do work but that screw might be too small. This might not be the case with this screw but for me the screw extractor work it two ways. It either bit enough that it would back the screw out of it would take enough of the screw head off that it would break off and then I could take apart the adjoining pieces. From there use pliers to get the rest of the screw out.

Got a picture of the damage as it stands now? It might helps in coming up with solutions.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

You need a dremmel. With a normal cutting wheel that comes with almost all dremmels. I would say wear the wheel down a little bit so it gets smaller. Becareful they snap very easily. Once it's small enough to your liking, make a notch in the hex head, and use a small flat head to turn her out. Hope this will help.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

Im gonna run my car this weekend and I have a new fantom ION3 17.5 and a New Sonic 17.5 which motor does everyone like better in blinky mode for this car.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

They do work but that screw might be too small. This might not be the case with this screw but for me the screw extractor work it two ways. It either bit enough that it would back the screw out of it would take enough of the screw head off that it would break off and then I could take apart the adjoining pieces. From there use pliers to get the rest of the screw out.

Got a picture of the damage as it stands now? It might helps in coming up with solutions.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

here u go
Old 06-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Slo_E4
You need a dremmel. With a normal cutting wheel that comes with almost all dremmels. I would say wear the wheel down a little bit so it gets smaller. Becareful they snap very easily. Once it's small enough to your liking, make a notch in the hex head, and use a small flat head to turn her out. Hope this will help.
I'm guessing if he used an extractor on it then this is no longer an option. How much does the diff housing cost? Can you just cut it off and try to preserve the rest of the diff?
Old 06-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Tech Champion

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

here u go
You are pretty close to the point that the top part of the screw will probably break off from the threads. If that does happen hopefully you are left with enough of the threads to grab with pliers. You could just run the first step of the extraction process to remove more material but you then do risk being left with the the threaded part of the screw not being able to be removed. I also don't remember if the diff housing on that side was a straight pass through or if the screw self threaded into it.

Did the extractor kit come with two different sizes? If so did you try the bigger size to see if it helps?

I know you followed directions but just to confirm you did turn the extractor counter clockwise? (I've done it the wrong way before)
Old 06-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

Just asking.... so the extracter was being used with drill in reverse right?
I usually get a torx head bit that is slightly larger and pound it in the stripped hex and just back it out.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dusttt
I usually get a torx head bit that is slightly larger and pound it in the stripped hex and just back it out.
Anything less is simply uncivilized.
Something more is just brutalized
Old 06-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for all the responses guys ...this thread rocks....but i used slo E4 method of turning the screw into a flathead with a dremel and it worked perfectly ......next time i will use a smaller grinding disk it did touch the housing a bit but big deal it still holds the fluid and the screw is out.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I think your best bet is to cut a slot in the top with a dremel and back it out with a flat head screw driver. Just use a small cut off wheel and it should be fine. Those screws are really soft and may not respond well to a back out bit.

You might nick the surface of the gear diff, but as long as you do not go too deep it should be fine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.