Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Old 01-22-2012, 04:58 PM
  #1306  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (98)
 
blade072's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Adelaide S.A
Posts: 2,676
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gonzo416 View Post
I don't have a problem with an optional tuning chassis. The problem is, is it for low traction tracks or is it for more cornering speed on high traction tracks? It doesn't make sense. What was it designed for low traction or high traction tracks? One or the other. Until i know what it really is for I can't even consider it. Just my .02 cents
it says low traction...so it does something.....im going to look into the standard vbc upgrade myself....
blade072 is offline  
Old 01-22-2012, 06:33 PM
  #1307  
Tech Master
iTrader: (39)
 
gonzo416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,938
Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)
Default

gonzo416 is offline  
Old 01-23-2012, 12:16 AM
  #1308  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 421
Default

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn View Post
not only was it 2 tenths faster ,

it helped me be more consistent, I'm loving the rear grip that the 11 didnt have.
I agree it's better than the standard '11 but my modded '11 was quicker still.
Mb3195 is offline  
Old 01-23-2012, 12:44 AM
  #1309  
Tech Adept
 
Phil C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nuneaton, England
Posts: 177
Default

Originally Posted by gonzo416 View Post
I don't have a problem with an optional tuning chassis. The problem is, is it for low traction tracks or is it for more cornering speed on high traction tracks? It doesn't make sense. What was it designed for low traction or high traction tracks? One or the other. Until i know what it really is for I can't even consider it. Just my .02 cents
I think it has been designed with both conditions in mind...

On low traction it should generate more mechanical grip, whilst in high traction it could help to smooth the car out and reduce traction roll.

Similarly often we use softer springs in low traction to generate more mechanical grip and in high traction to make the car easier to drive and prevent traction roll.
Phil C is offline  
Old 01-24-2012, 05:51 AM
  #1310  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
Posts: 74
Default

Originally Posted by gonzo416 View Post
Canīt wait for this option! It will be the bomb for rubber carpet.

- Emil
Emil is offline  
Old 01-24-2012, 06:02 AM
  #1311  
Tech Master
iTrader: (26)
 
Dane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas Baby
Posts: 1,724
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Emil View Post
Canīt wait for this option! It will be the bomb for rubber carpet.

- Emil
Oh yes.
Dane is offline  
Old 01-24-2012, 03:21 PM
  #1312  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 226
Default

Originally Posted by Mb3195 View Post
So after months of testing the new chassis, two months after release they release exactly the same one but thinner saying it increases traction and corner speed!

Is this hudy's way of making more money or an admition they got there release wrong?

All I know is, I was faster with my home modded '11 than i am with the '12! I know not many people will admit it, but the '12 was not the step forward that many were hoping for!
After driving the 12' the first time at my club, it was easy to drive and incredibly stable. I preffered the feeling I got from the 11' as it was prone to slide the rear end out, which in turn made the car better to get round, especially on throttle. Now i've had a good oppurtunity of setting the 12' up to my liking after 2-3 months with it, the 12' is always 2 tenths a lap quicker than the 11', which is a massive improvment.

I've tried the 11' with my favourite setups, different chassis and even when considering i've had more time with the 11', the 12' is simply quicker round the lap and so stable, even with setting changes that have given the car a lot more steering. If I set the 11' the same way, the car would be on the verge of spinning out. I've got two guys in particular at my club who I regard as 'aliens' and i'm now doing their laptimes, when I used to be 2 tenths off of them on a good day. Trust me on this, the Xray 12' is an incredible car.
maxg123456 is offline  
Old 01-24-2012, 04:01 PM
  #1313  
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,914
Default

Originally Posted by maxg123456 View Post
After driving the 12' the first time at my club, it was easy to drive and incredibly stable. I preffered the feeling I got from the 11' as it was prone to slide the rear end out, which in turn made the car better to get round, especially on throttle. Now i've had a good oppurtunity of setting the 12' up to my liking after 2-3 months with it, the 12' is always 2 tenths a lap quicker than the 11', which is a massive improvment.

I've tried the 11' with my favourite setups, different chassis and even when considering i've had more time with the 11', the 12' is simply quicker round the lap and so stable, even with setting changes that have given the car a lot more steering. If I set the 11' the same way, the car would be on the verge of spinning out. I've got two guys in particular at my club who I regard as 'aliens' and i'm now doing their laptimes, when I used to be 2 tenths off of them on a good day. Trust me on this, the Xray 12' is an incredible car.
What track do you race at, is there any video etc?
Skiddins is offline  
Old 01-24-2012, 06:20 PM
  #1314  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
nerdling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Canberra
Posts: 3,033
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gonzo416 View Post
Coud not find this on XRAY's website
nerdling is offline  
Old 01-24-2012, 08:09 PM
  #1315  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
ChrisP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shelby Twp, MI
Posts: 2,081
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

The official press release will be posted soon...
ChrisP is offline  
Old 01-24-2012, 08:22 PM
  #1316  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
nerdling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Canberra
Posts: 3,033
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
The official press release will be posted soon...
OK. Cool
nerdling is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 04:34 AM
  #1317  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (21)
 
rdlkgliders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: So. Cal High Desert Hobbies
Posts: 460
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

Has anyone driven both the t3 2012 and the serpent s411 le? I need a unbiasd comparison. I am down to those 2 as I shop for a new car to replace my xray t2 I have been racing for a couple years.
rdlkgliders is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 05:25 AM
  #1318  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (83)
 
pchroma24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 518
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rdlkgliders View Post
Has anyone driven both the t3 2012 and the serpent s411 le? I need a unbiasd comparison. I am down to those 2 as I shop for a new car to replace my xray t2 I have been racing for a couple years.
I can direct you to member James Reilly:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/jamesreilly.html

I know he spent quite abit time with xray and now is messing with the serpent. Im confident that he can provide you with some insight... Hope it helps ....
pchroma24 is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 07:04 AM
  #1319  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 226
Default

Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
What track do you race at, is there any video etc?
Maritime Raceway UK (4th place on the grid in the video.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP9leQdWcJk
maxg123456 is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 08:25 AM
  #1320  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (21)
 
rdlkgliders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: So. Cal High Desert Hobbies
Posts: 460
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by pchroma24 View Post
I can direct you to member James Reilly:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/jamesreilly.html

I know he spent quite abit time with xray and now is messing with the serpent. Im confident that he can provide you with some insight... Hope it helps ....
Thank you
rdlkgliders is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright Đ 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.