Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Old 01-01-2012, 10:37 AM
  #1096  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
bucknuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 213
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
WHat is the effect of front arm sweep in real terms?

I know it supposedly reduces the friction on the pivot pins of the front arms during turns etc.
But what is the effect on handling?

Thanks
Skiddins
Changes top-view reaction point between tires and chassis, so it can give more or less steering depending on which direction of sweep.

Helps explain why inboard toe and hub toe have different effects in rear.

Last edited by bucknuts; 01-01-2012 at 10:48 AM.
bucknuts is offline  
Old 01-01-2012, 09:40 PM
  #1097  
Suspended
iTrader: (35)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 839
Trader Rating: 35 (91%+)
Default

So got to run my 12 today all I can say is awesome! Box stock set up rocked. One quick question what should I change on it if the rear is a little little lose? Medium to high bite track.1k in the rear.I'm just wondering what every one is running for set up's.
Thanks jeff.
j dogg is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 01:30 AM
  #1098  
Tech Initiate
 
Marek Gadomski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Poland
Posts: 40
Default

Originally Posted by j dogg View Post
So got to run my 12 today all I can say is awesome! Box stock set up rocked. One quick question what should I change on it if the rear is a little little lose? Medium to high bite track.1k in the rear.I'm just wondering what every one is running for set up's.
Thanks jeff.
Show your setup maybe we can help
Marek Gadomski is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 01:59 AM
  #1099  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (11)
 
Cristian Silva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 950
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nerdling View Post
Hi Cristian,

I snapped a belt at FEMCA, brand new, and it was the first one I've ever done. Brian (a mate) has gone through 3 in a very short time. We ended up running a bit more tension then what we were normally running.

I put this down to the gear diffs. The Diffs have no give (unlike the ball diffs).
The drive line unloads (forwhatever reason) then grips, this shock, that used to be absorbed by the ball diff is now taken by the belt... which only stretches so far...

Mark
Yeh thanks mark, having snapped 2 in the bottom notch and 1 looser I'll try tighter and I'll see how long that will last, just need spares in case.
Thanks
Cristian Silva is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 02:02 AM
  #1100  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (11)
 
Cristian Silva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 950
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by defcone View Post
Try yokomo rear belts.
Are they the same length, teeth? Anyone else used yokomo rears on their Xray?
Cristian Silva is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 02:03 AM
  #1101  
Tech Initiate
 
Marek Gadomski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Poland
Posts: 40
Default

Originally Posted by Cristian Silva View Post
Yeh thanks mark, having snapped 2 in the bottom notch and 1 looser I'll try tighter and I'll see how long that will last, just need spares in case.
Thanks
Thats funny . last year i was running T3 2011 with orginal belts from November 2010 to november 2011 with gear diff and spool .

No problem (loose belts) so mabye u have tightened them so much
Marek Gadomski is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 02:33 AM
  #1102  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (27)
 
jake95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: sydney
Posts: 669
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cristian Silva View Post
Are they the same length, teeth? Anyone else used yokomo rears on their Xray?
they are ive been using the tough racing ones there cheap and last longer then xray ones for me heres the link
http://www.toughracing.com/zc126d/in...ndex&cPath=161
jake95 is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 03:07 AM
  #1103  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
nerdling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Canberra
Posts: 3,033
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Marek Gadomski View Post
Thats funny . last year i was running T3 2011 with orginal belts from November 2010 to november 2011 with gear diff and spool .

No problem (loose belts) so mabye u have tightened them so much
Hi Marek,

The belt napping is probably related as much to driving technique as it is setup. I've not managed to snap a belt since September, racing is similar high grip environments and just being careful with throttle applications.

What sort of motor/track conditions do you race in?
nerdling is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 04:17 AM
  #1104  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Istanbul/Turkey
Posts: 256
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

hey guys,

I also finished my new t3 '12 last week, now everything is setup but didn't have a chance to test the car yet. However the parts quality is awesome and booklet is clear, I really liked it.

I have only one question, the rear small AL. bulks which gives the toe in.. During the assambly of it when I screwed these small bulks, I recognized that they move a little which changes the rear toe angle..After the assambly I found out that the rear right toe in is 3mm and rear left toe in is 2.5mm ..I am sure that I assambled everything correct way double checked already.. There is some variation I guess, have you guys seen such issue or is it normal?

Many thanks in advance.
Duzgit is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 04:23 AM
  #1105  
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,914
Default

Originally Posted by Duzgit View Post
hey guys,

I also finished my new t3 '12 last week, now everything is setup but didn't have a chance to test the car yet. However the parts quality is awesome and booklet is clear, I really liked it.

I have only one question, the rear small AL. bulks which gives the toe in.. During the assambly of it when I screwed these small bulks, I recognized that they move a little which changes the rear toe angle..After the assambly I found out that the rear right toe in is 3mm and rear left toe in is 2.5mm ..I am sure that I assambled everything correct way double checked already.. There is some variation I guess, have you guys seen such issue or is it normal?

Many thanks in advance.
I have seen this on mine.
I cheated and just put the right shims in each side to get what I wanted, not what the manual say's .
Now have perfect 3deg each side lol
Skiddins is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 06:02 AM
  #1106  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
Posts: 74
Default

Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
I have seen this on mine.
I cheated and just put the right shims in each side to get what I wanted, not what the manual say's .
Now have perfect 3deg each side lol
Did you check this with setup wheels and a ruler? If you search youtube you can see Collari pointing out a minor imperfection in the HUDY setup system which gives an inaccurate reading of toe-in. I have heard other top drivers state the same.

Just my two cents.

- Emil
Emil is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 08:48 AM
  #1107  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (15)
 
M-Technic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 2,562
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by silvalis View Post
Is there any benefit in using the aluminum uprights/steering blocks/c-hubs for racing?
They flex less, which is most cases will take away some traction. They are also prone to bending, which usually isn't noticeable and can cause erratic handling.

Xray plastic is so durable I don't see any need to change out any of the plastic in the car (not even the shock bodies).
M-Technic is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 09:29 AM
  #1108  
Suspended
iTrader: (35)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 839
Trader Rating: 35 (91%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Marek Gadomski View Post
Show your setup maybe we can help
H
Hi I'm running the stock setup right out the box.
j dogg is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 09:33 AM
  #1109  
Suspended
iTrader: (35)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 839
Trader Rating: 35 (91%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Duzgit View Post
hey guys,

I also finished my new t3 '12 last week, now everything is setup but didn't have a chance to test the car yet. However the parts quality is awesome and booklet is clear, I really liked it.

I have only one question, the rear small AL. bulks which gives the toe in.. During the assambly of it when I screwed these small bulks, I recognized that they move a little which changes the rear toe angle..After the assambly I found out that the rear right toe in is 3mm and rear left toe in is 2.5mm ..I am sure that I assambled everything correct way double checked already.. There is some variation I guess, have you guys seen such issue or is it normal?

Many thanks in advance.
Hi make sure u have the rear hinge pin holders on right if u look at them the flat side should b facing the bulk heads .my buddy had the same problem and that was it.
thanks jeff.
j dogg is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 09:36 AM
  #1110  
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,914
Default

Originally Posted by Emil View Post
Did you check this with setup wheels and a ruler? If you search youtube you can see Collari pointing out a minor imperfection in the HUDY setup system which gives an inaccurate reading of toe-in. I have heard other top drivers state the same.

Just my two cents.

- Emil
Can't find the video you mentioned.

I also found the problem with the rear toe using Integy's system which I had before.
Skiddins is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.