Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Old 11-12-2011, 01:53 PM
  #421  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (24)
 
jgraham37128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 844
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default tire sanding

I actually use an integy tire truer I had from my nitro days and then a paddle sand stick. It makes them perfect.


I also do the same after a weekend of racing to pull/scrape all the traction compound off the tire so they are fresh.
jgraham37128 is offline  
Old 11-12-2011, 01:56 PM
  #422  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (120)
 
Potoczak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 3,702
Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Serpent Lover View Post
Here is what i have so far after 6 hours or so.

Make sure you free up that front arm, it should fall on its own weight.
Potoczak is offline  
Old 11-12-2011, 05:23 PM
  #423  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
Meradin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,309
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jgraham37128 View Post
I actually use an integy tire truer I had from my nitro days and then a paddle sand stick. It makes them perfect.


I also do the same after a weekend of racing to pull/scrape all the traction compound off the tire so they are fresh.

The sand stick, is that like an emery board? Do you mount it on the tire true itself or just run the tire on it and hand sand it?
Meradin is offline  
Old 11-12-2011, 09:23 PM
  #424  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
mdowney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,562
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Anyone have a good carpet setup for 17.5 no boost?
mdowney is offline  
Old 11-12-2011, 09:26 PM
  #425  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
dpatterson26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 970
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mdowney View Post
Anyone have a good carpet setup for 17.5 no boost?
Mike

I will post my setup from the Timezone Grand Prix when I get home. I ended up with tq today. Mains should be good tomorrow.
dpatterson26 is offline  
Old 11-12-2011, 09:42 PM
  #426  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
mdowney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,562
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dpatterson26 View Post
Mike

I will post my setup from the Timezone Grand Prix when I get home. I ended up with tq today. Mains should be good tomorrow.
Awesome - thanks. Congrats n the TQ!
mdowney is offline  
Old 11-12-2011, 10:46 PM
  #427  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (24)
 
jgraham37128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 844
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mera'din View Post
The sand stick, is that like an emery board? Do you mount it on the tire true itself or just run the tire on it and hand sand it?
Yes, I put it on the truer and turn it on to get the wheel to spin then sand it with the sand paddle. Here's the paddle I use.

http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...f0fbfcfc484a8f

JG
jgraham37128 is offline  
Old 11-12-2011, 11:10 PM
  #428  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
locked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

All set. Now I just need to paint a body before morning. I'll sleep tomorrow night

It's not something I would submit to the best cleanest electronics thread, but it'll do.
Attached Thumbnails Xray T3 2012-very-orange.jpg  
locked is offline  
Old 11-12-2011, 11:24 PM
  #429  
Tech Master
iTrader: (43)
 
Davin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Appleton WI
Posts: 1,104
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jgraham37128 View Post
Just finished 10+ hours but it's ready to race now. Balanced to perfection...

JG
Where did you get the orange shims from?
Davin is offline  
Old 11-13-2011, 12:08 AM
  #430  
Tech Apprentice
 
orci77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 86
Default

Originally Posted by mdowney View Post
Anyone have a good carpet setup for 17.5 no boost?
Just try the basic carpet setup. It works very good. I run it with 17.5 and boost on a tight carpet track.
orci77 is offline  
Old 11-13-2011, 12:09 AM
  #431  
Tech Apprentice
 
orci77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 86
Default Alu drive shafts in front

It would be interesting if anybody runs the alu drive shafts in front.
Since the cost half as much as the steel ones I am thinking about getting them for front multi-diff.
I run 17,5T with power programm on carpet and 6,5T on asphalt.

Do they survice in front or do I have to take the steel ones?
Any experience would be helpful.
orci77 is offline  
Old 11-13-2011, 12:30 AM
  #432  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
locked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by orci77 View Post
It would be interesting if anybody runs the alu drive shafts in front.
Since the cost half as much as the steel ones I am thinking about getting them for front multi-diff.
I run 17,5T with power programm on carpet and 6,5T on asphalt.

Do they survice in front or do I have to take the steel ones?
Any experience would be helpful.
From past experience with another car. Aluminum is not good up front. They bend way too easily. It will cost you far more in the long run. I don't think I ever saw any of my friends bend an xray spring steel bone/ecs
locked is offline  
Old 11-13-2011, 12:46 AM
  #433  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Even the steel ones bend up front in proper mod
CraigM is offline  
Old 11-13-2011, 05:26 AM
  #434  
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default

does anyone checked those upper clamps with old option part if they are any lower or not????
yokemad is offline  
Old 11-13-2011, 05:30 AM
  #435  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (24)
 
jgraham37128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 844
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Davin View Post
Where did you get the orange shims from?
Nexxus racing. I get 99% of everything from them...

JG
jgraham37128 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.