Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Old 10-23-2015, 01:30 PM
  #4216  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (2)
 
MinnesotaJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Apple Valley, MN
Posts: 48
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Anyone ever end up using the foam spec chassis for rubber based classes?
MinnesotaJoe is offline  
Old 10-23-2015, 01:30 PM
  #4217  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (2)
 
MinnesotaJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Apple Valley, MN
Posts: 48
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MinnesotaJoe View Post
Anyone ever end up using the foam spec chassis for rubber based classes?
Thinking of trying it as a rubber VTA car.
MinnesotaJoe is offline  
Old 10-23-2015, 04:39 PM
  #4218  
Tech Master
iTrader: (74)
 
Brokin Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 1,318
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MinnesotaJoe View Post
Anyone ever end up using the foam spec chassis for rubber based classes?
Originally Posted by MinnesotaJoe View Post
Thinking of trying it as a rubber VTA car.
Good for high grip , on carpet, but for VTA...

you'll be wanting more flex so I'd say no, unless you got one for nothing, then go ahead & try it..._
Brokin Racing is offline  
Old 06-17-2016, 08:41 PM
  #4219  
Tech Rookie
 
hellracer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 4
Default

dam..thought i'd never find a T3 thread! lol.. anyway, i'm new here guys and just getting into the r/c car world. Been around some other r/c stuff before, so I know a little about the electronic side but not so much on the setup side.
Anyway, I just bought 2 XRAY chassis. One T2 that's just a rolling chassis and a T3 that does have a motor, esc, and servo on it. So I look forward to learning what I can here, making some friends, and hopefully having a fast ass car a few parts at a time!!!
hellracer1 is offline  
Old 06-18-2016, 03:19 PM
  #4220  
Tech Master
iTrader: (74)
 
Brokin Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 1,318
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by hellracer1 View Post
dam..thought i'd never find a T3 thread! lol.. anyway, i'm new here guys and just getting into the r/c car world. Been around some other r/c stuff before, so I know a little about the electronic side but not so much on the setup side.
Anyway, I just bought 2 XRAY chassis. One T2 that's just a rolling chassis and a T3 that does have a motor, esc, and servo on it. So I look forward to learning what I can here, making some friends, and hopefully having a fast ass car a few parts at a time!!!
Hi, all the best & hope you have a lot of fun, have been racing T3'12 till recently & still competitive

Just set up as per book & make sure the drivetrain is smooth
Brokin Racing is offline  
Old 11-09-2016, 01:45 PM
  #4221  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 296
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I just bought an ARTR USVTA spec T3.

Before i put it on the track i was looking for advice on anything I might want to do first such as rebuild the diffs and the shocks.

Is there anything I should be picking up parts wise or do before I take it out for my first practice?

Also for the shock rebuild is there a total kit or should i buy a specific list of stuff to rebuild them with if there isnt?

this is what i dug up so far. and Im leaning towards just getting the oring and shim set and rebuilding with that.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/xray-al...308306/p150288

https://www.amainhobbies.com/xray-sh...a308070/p22699

Last edited by caffeine357; 11-09-2016 at 02:12 PM.
caffeine357 is offline  
Old 11-14-2017, 12:03 PM
  #4222  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (66)
 
Darkgenerals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Granbury Tx
Posts: 1,543
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Bumb for this old thread, I just picked one of these up and plan to use it for VTA racing.

Any one have any tips or tricks for the car?

I also plan to rebuild the diff, the shocks. What o-rings should I use to rebuild them? Can i use the o-rings from newer T4's?
Darkgenerals is offline  
Old 11-14-2017, 03:19 PM
  #4223  
Tech Master
 
Lone Drifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SW Chicago Burbs
Posts: 1,267
Default

Originally Posted by Darkgenerals View Post
Bumb for this old thread, I just picked one of these up and plan to use it for VTA racing.

Any one have any tips or tricks for the car?

I also plan to rebuild the diff, the shocks. What o-rings should I use to rebuild them? Can i use the o-rings from newer T4's?
I just rebuilt my shocks , the shocks are different from the T4 shocks they are shorter different shaft size ,O rings. I had to order from Amain hobbies. some Spec R parts work like diffs. I use my T3's for GT and VTA on pavement.
Lone Drifter is offline  
Old 11-14-2017, 03:36 PM
  #4224  
Tech Rookie
 
hellracer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 4
Default

maybe with the t2 and t3. not sure about the t4..
hellracer1 is offline  
Old 11-14-2017, 03:38 PM
  #4225  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (66)
 
Darkgenerals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Granbury Tx
Posts: 1,543
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Lone Drifter View Post
I just rebuilt my shocks , the shocks are different from the T4 shocks they are shorter different shaft size ,O rings. I had to order from Amain hobbies. some Spec R parts work like diffs. I use my T3's for GT and VTA on pavement.
Good to know, I see you can still get most of the parts for it. I may have to get creative for somethings. How do you like it for vta? Are you having to add weight to make the minimum?
Darkgenerals is offline  
Old 11-14-2017, 04:02 PM
  #4226  
Tech Master
 
Lone Drifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SW Chicago Burbs
Posts: 1,267
Default

Originally Posted by Darkgenerals View Post
Good to know, I see you can still get most of the parts for it. I may have to get creative for somethings. How do you like it for vta? Are you having to add weight to make the minimum?
with my full size servo and 300g battery all I really have to add are balance weights .
I race my T3's outside where they can be competitive. Inside on black carpet it seems a little tougher to be on pace. I dont know any company that makes a aluminium chassis for it.
I race the T3 for VTA and GT outside .I also like to use Front Diffs in place of the spools
It is difficult to find replacement bulkheads, Chassis for the T3. I know many of the arms , castor blocks and hubs can be found fairly easily .

Good luck with the T3
Lone Drifter is offline  
Old 11-14-2017, 04:22 PM
  #4227  
Tech Rookie
 
hellracer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 4
Default

check with "saga customs" or "flmrc" for some custom xray stuff if you really want it..and try the brass weights. they can be very helpful by trying them in different areas on the chassis.
hellracer1 is offline  
Old 11-14-2017, 04:49 PM
  #4228  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (66)
 
Darkgenerals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Granbury Tx
Posts: 1,543
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Lone Drifter View Post
with my full size servo and 300g battery all I really have to add are balance weights .
I race my T3's outside where they can be competitive. Inside on black carpet it seems a little tougher to be on pace. I dont know any company that makes a aluminium chassis for it.
I race the T3 for VTA and GT outside .I also like to use Front Diffs in place of the spools
It is difficult to find replacement bulkheads, Chassis for the T3. I know many of the arms , castor blocks and hubs can be found fairly easily .

Good luck with the T3
Thank you for the info, I don't plan to be competitive. I'm new to the on road game, I'll be racing indoor carpet. I'll have to ask some of the locals for setup help.


Originally Posted by hellracer1 View Post
check with "saga customs" or "flmrc" for some custom xray stuff if you really want it..and try the brass weights. they can be very helpful by trying them in different areas on the chassis.
Naw, I think I'll stay away from custom stuff. I'll try pick8ng up some brass weights, and playing around. Off road seems way more forgiving.
Darkgenerals is offline  
Old 07-03-2018, 11:23 AM
  #4229  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (11)
 
Bikerbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 544
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

So running my car on CRC black carpet. Anyone have any good suggestions for this car on that surface? Running Sweep 32s. Gear diffs. 21.5t TC. I am more flow on flow off driver not punchy. I know the big thing is to avoid traction roll. I am going to strip the car right down and start again, so all suggestions for a good setup are welcome.

James
Bikerbob is offline  
Old 07-03-2018, 11:46 AM
  #4230  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (221)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 31,359
Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bikerbob View Post
So running my car on CRC black carpet. Anyone have any good suggestions for this car on that surface? Running Sweep 32s. Gear diffs. 21.5t TC. I am more flow on flow off driver not punchy. I know the big thing is to avoid traction roll. I am going to strip the car right down and start again, so all suggestions for a good setup are welcome.

James
i dont think there are any set ups here for black crc carpet but they should get you in the ball park,

Team Xray T3, T3 2011 & T3 2012 Setup Sheets
Marcos.J is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.