Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 12:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
How is your weight bias front to rear? Are you on power or off power? Do you notice it getting better on or off throttle?
Its 52% rear 48% front. On power it does it, off power its pretty stable.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
what are your roll centres + shims, upper link shims, and how long are you saucing?
6 min Sauce, full rears, 2/3 fronts.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by daleburr
Put the spool back in the front, reduce rear droop by 0.5mm, and thicken the rear diff up to 2000wt.
Front spool is terrible, wont do that. Have tried gear oil, no change. Have run everything from 2mm rear droop to 5mm
Old 11-14-2014, 12:43 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

not sure how close the conditions would be for you, but for USVTA setup I used one that someone provided for the vehicle but was originally for USGT and it works really well out here in at PRCP. Only change went to a bit more toe.

If interested I'll see if I can find the name of it but I believe it was from a nationals for USGT.

Its using the front spool, rear gear diff with 2000Kv weight.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Race19s
Front spool is terrible, wont do that. Have tried gear oil, no change. Have run everything from 2mm rear droop to 5mm
What about front droop? wheelbase?

Make sure your shocks are not preloading more than they should be.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:47 PM
Tech Legend

anyone try progressive springs on the rear? I didn't have another set of 2.6's but had some 2.2 - 2.6s and used them on my USGT car and it felt pretty good from what I could tell.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
anyone try progressive springs on the rear? I didn't have another set of 2.6's but had some 2.2 - 2.6s and used them on my USGT car and it felt pretty good from what I could tell.
I tried the progressive springs once but wasn't a huge fan. I didn't have a lot of confidence when making mid corner corrections. However, that was likely since I didn't really set up the rest of the shock package to work with the progressive springs. I think my pistons were completely wrong. May have to give them another go, however.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I have used them with VTA & they were quite good for me,
2.8 front/2.2-2.6 rear/ 45wt oil with 2 hole pistons front & 3 rear
Old 11-25-2014, 03:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys. 1st post on this thread so please be gentle. Only got into RC racing 12mths ago with my (at the time) 10yr old son. Started with M05 minis and the good people on the mini thread helped us out to the point we got a couple of 2nd's and 3rds in the A finals for our local club. Finished the season in 4th & 5th overall out of about 30+ drivers and my son won best junior so quite pleased with ourselves

Anyhow, back to the point of the post. My son wanted to progress to TC so I have purchased a used T3 2012. Having had no experience of RC before the last 12 mths and absolutely no experience of TC's I am a little lost. Would you guys mind me popping in and out with some pretty basic questions? I am not months or even years behind some of you guys.

We are currently into our winter series which is indoors. Wooden floor with a pretty small track. More like drifting than racing. The car I have won a couple of heats in the outdorr season but it was still in this setup for the first indoor meet which was a disaster. My son could hardly get the car off the start line. It just spun every time he tried to do anything.

Took the car home and have fitted the spikes everyone else was running. Purchased some new springs which I can now fathom which are harder/softer. Put the softest ones on the rear and next stage up on the front. Set ride height much higher and moved the top shock mount position inwards by one extra hole.

It was a complete transformation. The car was much more predictable, stayed on track and finished 3rd in the A final.

The above adjustments were just my own interpretation of what was wrong with the car due to being setup for our outdoor tarmac track. If there are any better suggestions please fire them over.

I have no idea what spur and pinion it is running but we are using HPI Firebolt 15T motors or 17.5t Brushless. Not that it really matters as grip is non existant.

Once again, if this is the wrong place to ask then please point me in another direction, otherwise, thanks for any help
Old 02-22-2015, 08:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looking for help with a setup for VTA with this car. New to XRAY and onroad really so any help would be appreciated. Also would like to know what gearing should be ran in this class with the Novak 25.5 motor.
Thanks in advance.
Michael
Old 02-23-2015, 01:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Thelittlesthobo
Hi guys. 1st post on this thread so please be gentle. Only got into RC racing 12mths ago with my (at the time) 10yr old son. Started with M05 minis and the good people on the mini thread helped us out to the point we got a couple of 2nd's and 3rds in the A finals for our local club. Finished the season in 4th & 5th overall out of about 30+ drivers and my son won best junior so quite pleased with ourselves

Anyhow, back to the point of the post. My son wanted to progress to TC so I have purchased a used T3 2012. Having had no experience of RC before the last 12 mths and absolutely no experience of TC's I am a little lost. Would you guys mind me popping in and out with some pretty basic questions? I am not months or even years behind some of you guys.

We are currently into our winter series which is indoors. Wooden floor with a pretty small track. More like drifting than racing. The car I have won a couple of heats in the outdorr season but it was still in this setup for the first indoor meet which was a disaster. My son could hardly get the car off the start line. It just spun every time he tried to do anything.

Took the car home and have fitted the spikes everyone else was running. Purchased some new springs which I can now fathom which are harder/softer. Put the softest ones on the rear and next stage up on the front. Set ride height much higher and moved the top shock mount position inwards by one extra hole.

It was a complete transformation. The car was much more predictable, stayed on track and finished 3rd in the A final.

The above adjustments were just my own interpretation of what was wrong with the car due to being setup for our outdoor tarmac track. If there are any better suggestions please fire them over.

I have no idea what spur and pinion it is running but we are using HPI Firebolt 15T motors or 17.5t Brushless. Not that it really matters as grip is non existant.

Once again, if this is the wrong place to ask then please point me in another direction, otherwise, thanks for any help
Sounds like you were doing the right things, going softer should always help in lower grip. You might try adding some axle shims to space the wheels out at both ends to make the track width wider.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ballistic2
Looking for help with a setup for VTA with this car. New to XRAY and onroad really so any help would be appreciated. Also would like to know what gearing should be ran in this class with the Novak 25.5 motor.
Thanks in advance.
Michael
Possibly a fairly soft standard TC setup, but with reduced droop due to the tyres.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:56 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Ballistic2
Thanks in advance.
Michael
I was advised to use some of the setups that Essnowyt had on xray's site and they look good in comparison to what I am using for USGT and VTA, my two setups there I beleive are close.

As for gearing I think I went with a 100T spur and I beleive a 48 or 49T pinion, 64 pitch, 45 degrees label timing for me.

The main issue with the T3 2012 is being able to reach your motor screws at times with certain spur gears.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

50/96 here for VTA on a 90x40 carpet track. Have to tighten one motor screw, then remove top deck/spur to tighten the other one.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I was advised to use some of the setups that Essnowyt had on xray's site and they look good in comparison to what I am using for USGT and VTA, my two setups there I beleive are close.

As for gearing I think I went with a 100T spur and I beleive a 48 or 49T pinion, 64 pitch, 45 degrees label timing for me.

The main issue with the T3 2012 is being able to reach your motor screws at times with certain spur gears.
Essnowyt's setups will be solid and should be up to date. I believe he just moved from the 2012 car earlier this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.