Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Old 03-14-2013, 05:29 PM
  #4066  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,001
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Thanks, the LHS doesn't have those parts in stock either, but they did say that they have a good selection of steel and brass tubing in stock that people use for modelling projects and a temporary substitute should be doable.
Rufus2010 is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 11:08 PM
  #4067  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (95)
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,837
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

What are some tips to get more rear side bite and rear traction on pavement. Out track kind of gets dusty from the constant construction of the near by off road track but it gets sprayed on race day. This is 17.5 blinky class. I am running 3mm rear toe, 1.75rear camber, I keep playing with shock position and dont know what to do. I have Tamiya shocks 3.0springs in front w/45wt, 2.6springs in rear w/35wt . The hinge blocks have little hole on bottom( dont know what those do)? LTCR light weight body. Any help would be nice! thx
Josh-n-ya is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 08:42 AM
  #4068  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Carrollton, TX
Posts: 908
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Try laying the shocks down one hole at a time until you find enough traction.

In general, in the rear, Down = more side traction, Up = Tighter steering

If that doesn't help, you can go softer on the oil and shocks.
hyujmn is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 05:48 PM
  #4069  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (95)
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,837
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hyujmn View Post
Try laying the shocks down one hole at a time until you find enough traction.

In general, in the rear, Down = more side traction, Up = Tighter steering

If that doesn't help, you can go softer on the oil and shocks.
When you say (softer) oil do you mean lighter like 30wt?
Josh-n-ya is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 06:00 PM
  #4070  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (66)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Marietta, Ga
Posts: 2,377
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Yes that is what he means. I'm not sure what the tamiya shocks/spring would work like, but looking at Paul LeMieux's setup from the Asphalt nats, he was running Xray 2.4/500cst up front and 2.2/400 in the rear. You can try setting your car up like this http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...&setup=t3_2012 and see how it works for you as a baseline and change droop to fit the 17.5.
PROMODVETTE is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 08:12 PM
  #4071  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (95)
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,837
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE View Post
Yes that is what he means. I'm not sure what the tamiya shocks/spring would work like, but looking at Paul LeMieux's setup from the Asphalt nats, he was running Xray 2.4/500cst up front and 2.2/400 in the rear. You can try setting your car up like this http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...&setup=t3_2012 and see how it works for you as a baseline and change droop to fit the 17.5.
Thanks! Tamiya shocks are really really smooth. The springs are Xray. I will try to soften it up and see what happens. What does changing the plastic arm blocks do with the little dots? I believe there roll center blocks.

Last edited by Josh-n-ya; 04-01-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Josh-n-ya is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 09:37 PM
  #4072  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (7)
 
erchn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Union City, CA
Posts: 848
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
Thanks! Tamiya shocks are really really smooth. The springs are Xray. I will try to soften it up and see what happens. What does changing the plastic arm blocks do with the little dots? I believe there roll center blocks.
Josh,
Generally a higher roll center (dot) provides less traction at that end of the car. I would try mid roll centers in the rear, -.75mm block will make that end feel a bit lazy and definitely give you a pushy feeling at NorCal. Stop by this weekend, we can talk in person.

Ethan

Last edited by erchn; 04-01-2013 at 11:45 PM.
erchn is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 11:43 PM
  #4073  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (95)
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,837
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by erchn View Post
Josh,
Generally a higher the roll center (dot) provides less traction at that end of the car. I would try mid roll centers in the rear, -.75mm block will make that end feel a bit lazy and definitely give you a pushy feeling at NorCal. Stop by this weekend, we can talk in person.

Ethan
Cool Ethan, Just looking to see what changes I can make. My current setup works great on a very clean and freshly prepped track. After a few days of near by offroad racing and leaf blowing dirt around its over.
Josh-n-ya is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 07:42 AM
  #4074  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
vivo quevas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Central, Ca.
Posts: 1,351
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
Thanks! Tamiya shocks are really really smooth. The springs are Xray. I will try to soften it up and see what happens. What does changing the plastic arm blocks do with the little dots? I believe there roll center blocks.
Josh I have Tamiya TRF shocks shocks on my T2 Xray with rsd pistons they were a upgrade the car handles great I ran it in modified Saturday.
vivo quevas is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 08:00 AM
  #4075  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (95)
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,837
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by vivo quevas View Post
Josh I have Tamiya TRF shocks shocks on my T2 Xray with rsd pistons they were a upgrade the car handles great I ran it in modified Saturday.
Mod! Wow, I love my tamiya shocks too. I always get bubbles in Xray shocks every time! lol I think I am ready to take it to the next level and try new set ups. We will see!
Josh-n-ya is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 11:48 PM
  #4076  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (95)
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,837
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE View Post
Yes that is what he means. I'm not sure what the tamiya shocks/spring would work like, but looking at Paul LeMieux's setup from the Asphalt nats, he was running Xray 2.4/500cst up front and 2.2/400 in the rear. You can try setting your car up like this http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...&setup=t3_2012 and see how it works for you as a baseline and change droop to fit the 17.5.
I just set my car up like this. It seems like an odd set up but im open for new things to learn. I went with 2.8 springs up front and 2,4 in rear w/35wt oil all around. Thats the softest I have. Also went with only 3degree toe out in front. 5degrees seems much for me. Sunday will be interesting!
Josh-n-ya is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 12:04 AM
  #4077  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (7)
 
erchn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Union City, CA
Posts: 848
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
I just set my car up like this. It seems like an odd set up but im open for new things to learn. I went with 2.8 springs up front and 2,4 in rear w/35wt oil all around. Thats the softest I have. Also went with only 3degree toe out in front. 5degrees seems much for me. Sunday will be interesting!
If I remember correctly Paul's car was mostly a T4 at that race. 2.8/2.4 will probably work but might be a bit lazy. That said, Paul's setup has .5 degrees toe out in front, not 5 degrees.

If things aren't working on Sunday, don't hesitate to stop by.

E
erchn is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 06:46 PM
  #4078  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (95)
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,837
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by erchn View Post
If I remember correctly Paul's car was mostly a T4 at that race. 2.8/2.4 will probably work but might be a bit lazy. That said, Paul's setup has .5 degrees toe out in front, not 5 degrees.

If things aren't working on Sunday, don't hesitate to stop by.

E
5 degrees! OOPS. Lol
Josh-n-ya is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 07:01 PM
  #4079  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (66)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Marietta, Ga
Posts: 2,377
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
5 degrees! OOPS. Lol


This you?
PROMODVETTE is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:37 PM
  #4080  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (95)
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,837
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

You almost couldnt tell which was the front of the car when I did that!
Josh-n-ya is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.