Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 06:12 AM
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bony85
I found the manual wrong for this bit, the way i did it was to clip all the plastic parts together first, then insert as appropiate the 4 u shaped clips (as skiddins says this needs to be in the correct order smallest to largest

Not sure if the above makes sense, let us know via return if this works better for you

Run the car for the first time at the weekend and the servo saver done its job so i cant have been too wrong with the build of this part
Thanks guys, much appreciated, I will try this method, anyone else find the manual wrong for this part?
Old 11-09-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

My kit arrived from RCAmerica today, woohoo!
Old 11-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

how are the xray high speed ball bearings are they any good or can i gain a bit with the ceramics?
Old 11-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

I just got my kit in yesterday, I wanted to know with the gear diff is there any sanding necessary like the spec R diffs? Im having a problem with my diff, it does not feel smooth when you rotate from left to right, I feel some tension.

Last edited by entitymugenmtx; 11-09-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:39 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by entitymugenmtx
I just got my kit in yesterday, I wanted to know with the gear diff is there any sanding necessary like the spec R diffs? Im having a problems with my diff, it does not feel smooth when you rotate from left to right, I feel some tension.
Double check ..make sure they go together right..I think there might a mark alig. c/t together..
Old 11-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OVA
Double check ..make sure they go together right..I think there might a mark alig. c/t together..
I put it together 4 times and the same results every
time.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by entitymugenmtx
I put it together 4 times and the same results every
time.
The only sanding I did on mine was to knock the mold flash off all the parts. Using 700cst mine is silky smooth. Of course there is some "tension" when turning the diff back and forth due to the shearing of the oil, but it is still smooth with no rough spots.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by samnelso
The only sanding I did on mine was to knock the mold flash off all the parts. Using 700cst mine is silky smooth. Of course there is some "tension" when turning the diff back and forth due to the shearing of the oil, but it is still smooth with no rough spots.
Same here. I built mine last night and it is very smooth. I also noticed that you have to make sure you scrape all the flashing off with a hobby blade.
entitymugenmtx, if you put both outdrives in, the clear O ring, the metal washer then the pin in, do the outdrives spin freely? There could be a problem with the side gear (304930). That's all I could think of.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by theatriks
how are the xray high speed ball bearings are they any good or can i gain a bit with the ceramics?
The XRAY Bearings are very good. I have run a set of ACER Ceramics in my 11, while my 10 (orignail T3) ran XRAY bearings. I could not detect a noticable difference.

Mark
Old 11-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

For those of you using cleaning putty in the front gear diff, how much do you use and how do you apply it?

Going to run a gear diff in the front for the first time, and I've never built one with putty before.

Thanks!
Old 11-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default 52mm rear axles

Has anyone else had any problems with the rear 52 mm axles hitting the rear gear diff when not using a shim for additional toe? I'm in the process of building mine and have noticed it looks like it's not going to be able to adjust to 2 degrees of toe in the rear? The car comes with 1 degree built into it and I want to use my 1degree outside toe block to give it a total of two degrees but just looking at it I think the driveshafts are too long?

JG
Old 11-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jgraham37128
Has anyone else had any problems with the rear 52 mm axles hitting the rear gear diff when not using a shim for additional toe? I'm in the process of building mine and have noticed it looks like it's not going to be able to adjust to 2 degrees of toe in the rear? The car comes with 1 degree built into it and I want to use my 1degree outside toe block to give it a total of two degrees but just looking at it I think the driveshafts are too long?

JG
Xray claims the 52mm axles fit with their gear diff, but when I fitted the diff to my 11 with 52 axles I had to shave down the blade to keep from binding when the suspension compresses. I thought I had the necessary clearance, but when I compressed the suspension with the shocks off I could feel the driveline bind as the axle drive pins passed tdc (with a 1.15 shim for 2.5 degrees inboard toe and 2 degrees neg camber). In the end I just went back to the 50mm axles I had in my parts box, but if they are going to include the gear diff and 52mm axles in the kit they ought to fit and still allow setup adjustment within the range of what is listed on the setup sheet.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

JG
... and that explains why I can't get mine to fit with the 52mm drive shafts.
thanks
Old 11-10-2011, 12:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by samnelso
Now my is silky smooth
Old 11-10-2011, 03:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

JG
I had the same problem with mine but a guy I race with didn't.

I had to space the rear roll centre mounts out by 0.2 mm at the front and rear, this will let me have the same rear toe but have a slightly wider rear track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.