Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Old 11-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
hey i just ordered mine from there ...its my first time ordering from them .....good company?.....where r they located?
They are a hong kong base company. Im about to place a pretty big order from them too, and from searching here, they seem to hold a good reputation and rcnet customers seems relatively happy with thier service.

Originally Posted by Al Sodano View Post
Get the xray.. Or you'll be sorry.
Originally Posted by locked View Post
lol.The way you worded that could be interpreted as a threat Al.

I wish my kit would arrive already. Does everyone else get them before North America? jeeez

I'm going to have to do some maintenance on one of my red cars to race this weekend I guess. I've been slacking, hoping my orange beast would have arrived by now.
lol..i know..but Al is a stand up guy, watched him race and said a few words at one of the races here in floyd bennette.

ok thanks ya i hope there legit i couldnt wait any longer so i ordered there today with 2-5 day shipping ...i just hope the tax doesnt kill me
Tax? what do you mean?
Old 11-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VexVegaz View Post
They are a hong kong base company. Im about to place a pretty big order from them too, and from searching here, they seem to hold a good reputation and rcnet customers seems relatively happy with thier service.

lol..i know..but Al is a stand up guy, watched him race and said a few words at one of the races here in floyd bennette.

Tax? what do you mean?
well ive ordered alot of rc stuuf from outside canada before and there was no extra charges its just when ive ordered other things from outside the country before sometimes they would ding me with brokerage fees and what not
Old 11-02-2011, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well ive ordered alot of rc stuuf from outside canada before and there was no extra charges its just when ive ordered other things from outside the country before sometimes they would ding me with brokerage fees and what not
yup, brokerage can be brutal sometimes. When the mylaps transponders first came out, I ordered one directly from them. They sent it by UPS. In the end it cost me over $160 USD.

Thats why I ordered my xray from nexus. From past experience, they minimize the likelihood you'll get gouged when it crosses the border.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

I have never ordered from out from the country before, is there a way to determine duty fees before placing the order?
Old 11-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have never ordered from out from the country before, is there a way to determine duty fees before placing the order?
Not exactly, but regular mail service, even if the package is listed as a retail product (not "Gift") at full price, you will only be charged a fraction of what it would be if it was sent by a courier like UPS.

I don't know how it works in the US, but in Canada we often get screwed when things are sent from even just over the border.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by locked View Post
Not exactly, but regular mail service, even if the package is listed as a retail product (not "Gift") at full price, you will only be charged a fraction of what it would be if it was sent by a courier like UPS.

I don't know how it works in the US, but in Canada we often get screwed when things are sent from even just over the border.
yes exactly so i hope my impatient doesnt end up costing me another 100 .......but the car will be here so i might forget about it lol
Old 11-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

So has anyone from rcamerica reported the kits arrival yet?
Old 11-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by haywood View Post
Never lost a race because of the plastic shocks! I have lost races for many other reasons such as the guy behind the wheel!
top dollar for one of the top cars should have top parts.but nevermind i don't think you could get that.you revert to the guy behind the wheel thing which is not the point. lets leave it at that and just...drop it
Old 11-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by atmeearacing View Post
top dollar for one of the top cars should have top parts.but nevermind i don't think you could get that.you revert to the guy behind the wheel thing which is not the point. lets leave it at that and just...drop it
Yes you both have a point but they are too different topics one is what value you can get for your dollar ........and the other is you dont need the best parts to get the best results ........but it makes sense on the value side because the kit is the same price as cars that come with a lot more aluminum
Old 11-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

l
Old 11-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Yes you both have a point but they are too different topics one is what value you can get for your dollar ........and the other is you dont need the best parts to get the best results ........but it makes sense on the value side because the kit is the same price as cars that come with a lot more aluminum
thank you for eliquently saying what i have failed
Old 11-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yeah, but the cars with a lot more Aluminum break a lot more often. From a value standpoint, the Xray is by far a superior value out of the box. To adjust in-board toe on most cars how much do you have to spend?? That is just one area where the value of the Xray Exceeds others. There are more.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

You can go here:

http://www.usitc.gov/tata/hts/bychapter/index.htm

Find the right section and it will display the duty rate.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

got it thanks..
Old 11-03-2011, 07:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

any news on if they have arrived at RCAmerica yet?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.