R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   HPI Sprint 2 Flux - Speed control set up (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/553806-hpi-sprint-2-flux-speed-control-set-up.html)

SteveHolt 09-24-2011 07:23 PM

HPI Sprint 2 Flux - Speed control set up

I'm looking for help to set up the speed control for my Sprint 2 (new version). The manual that came with the car and the HPI online manual only show the old version of the speed control with external setup buttons.
The newer version of the car comes with a Vapor speed control and it doesn't have any setup buttons.
The control beeps 3 times when the battery is plugged in (according to previous manual and speed control - 3 beeps is for LiPo, I'm running the stock NiMh).
The car will only run in very short bursts...

Any ideas on how to set the control for NiMh would be most welcome.

Steve

moejacob 09-28-2011 06:50 PM

Check for the Flux insert.

Those are the nastiest instructions that I have ever seen ... I had to bind my transmitter first ... then set up the ESC ... then turn Auto-LiPo on ... It's a good thing I have a bit of experience ... a first time buyer would have been lost.

It sounds like you need to turn Auto-Lipo off ... the instructions for that should be in the Flux insert on page 6: I do not have enough posts in this forum to copy a link for you ... but just Google "Sprint 2 manual" and it should pop right up for you.

They also packed the wrong charger for mine (no big deal, I'm 100% LiPo anyway). And the gear mesh was WAY off ... just the tips were touching, that would have been a stripped spur gear for sure...

But now that I have everything where I want it, it is a great car for my son who will be racing carpet this winter ...

Hope that works for you ...

jsinclair 09-28-2011 07:32 PM

Isn't it the castle Sidewinder esc? If so just download there manual.

MrUnlimited 09-28-2011 10:52 PM

Isn't your LHS willing to help you? They need to know what they sell.:nod:

Clee55 10-05-2011 03:58 PM

Hey Steve,

The battery is running in lipo mode.

Here are the instructions to get it out of Auto-Lipo.

1. Hold full throttle while switching on esc. (All lights blink)

2. You will hear a short series of tones followed by a 2 second pause,
followed by a long series of tones. ESC will beep continuously with
flashing red LED.
(Green > RED)
3. Continue holding full throttle until you hear and additional long series of
tones with all LEDs flashing, then continuous beeping with Yellow LED
flashing.
(All>Yellow)
4. Release trigger allowing it to return to neutral position. ESC will beep
continuously while flashing Yellow LED.
(Yellow)
5. In order to turn Auto-Lipo OFF, move trigger to the full brake position. ESC
will beep continuously with RED LED flashing.
(OFF/RED)
6. Release Trigger allowing it to return to neutral position. All LEDs will flash
with a series of tones. ONce solid Yellow LED is present your ESC is ready
for use.

I hope this was help. Had the same problem as well.

Cheers,
Chris

Bulletrhythm 05-06-2012 05:30 AM

I'm looking for how you turn the lipo cut-off on

I recently bought a hpi sprint 2 flux with a 2s lipo. My problem is the manual is not the manual for the flux,:mad: so if someone could tell me how I turn on the lipo cut-off I would be very happy.:)

catawissarocket 02-25-2014 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bulletrhythm (Post 10697527)
I recently bought a hpi sprint 2 flux with a 2s lipo. My problem is the manual is not the manual for the flux,:mad: so if someone could tell me how I turn on the lipo cut-off I would be very happy.:)

I know this is an old post but I'm having the same problem.I just got the sprint 2 flux and I'm in need of getting somehow getting it into lipo mode.

rso117 03-01-2014 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by catawissarocket (Post 13043260)
I know this is an old post but I'm having the same problem.I just got the sprint 2 flux and I'm in need of getting somehow getting it into lipo mode.

same issue. manual doesn't mention the process for the flux esc or if its even required... my car is still in the box until i can be sure of correct setup...

SeeGee911 03-01-2014 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by rso117 (Post 13054652)
same issue. manual doesn't mention the process for the flux esc or if its even required... my car is still in the box until i can be sure of correct setup...

There should be a second insert booklet with the flux. The main assembly manual is actually for the sprint 2 sport, and rather recreating a new one for the flux, they made an ammendum booklet that covers the specific differences with the flux model. Hpi has a pdf on their site.

catawissarocket 03-04-2014 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by SeeGee911 (Post 13054706)
There should be a second insert booklet with the flux. The main assembly manual is actually for the sprint 2 sport, and rather recreating a new one for the flux, they made an ammendum booklet that covers the specific differences with the flux model. Hpi has a pdf on their site.

SeeGee911 is right, i thought the same thing until i looked alittle better. its in there for sure.. let us know..

Sen8trken 09-23-2014 06:41 AM

I set my Sprint 2 flux ESC up with the castle creations "Castle Link USB Programming Kit". Search online for it!
No counting beeps or holding throttle. Just straight forward plug and play using the downloadable castle link software on the laptop and a mini usb cable. The adaptor has a mini usb plug on one end and a 3 wire servo plug for the ESC. DO NOT CONNECT THE ESC TO THE BATTERY WHILE CONNECTED TO YOUR COMPUTER OR THE ADAPTOR. Too much current will go through it and you will destroy the adaptor and possible damage your computer. I only say because it's unclear in the instructions and I was unsure. But the ESC powers up enough for the programming to occur when connected to the adaptor connected to a powered USB port. The software allows you to take away some safety features and get better performance out of the ESC/motor if using top quality batteries.
Hope this is helpful.