R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-20-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Lipo charging

Hello I'm trying my hardest to understand charging these things. I've just upgraded to lipo batteries and I'm pulling my hair out reading the pages and pages of info about charging and balancing them. I was wondering if anyone could help me out?

The batteries I'm running are (hpi racing plazma)
7.4v-4000mAh-20c-lipo

I have a balance charger and not sure if I'm charging correctly. Do I have to set it to balence every time I charge or every now and then? Also for this battery what values should my charger be at I.e voltage, chargimg current etc!

If possible I would appreciate someone explaing this to me In super simple terms as the penny isn't dropping at the moment!!

Thanx for your time everyone...
dogspencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:58 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogspencil View Post
Hello I'm trying my hardest to understand charging these things. I've just upgraded to lipo batteries and I'm pulling my hair out reading the pages and pages of info about charging and balancing them. I was wondering if anyone could help me out?

7.4v-4000mAh-20c-lipo

I have a balance charger and not sure if I'm charging correctly. Do I have to set it to balence every time I charge or every now and then? Also for this battery what values should my charger be at I.e voltage, chargimg current etc!

If possible I would appreciate someone explaing this to me In super simple terms as the penny isn't dropping at the moment!!

Here is a thread I started some good info
Infinite 12th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:28 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogspencil View Post

7.4v-4000mAh-20c-lipo

The battery you mentioned above charge it with these settings this will also give you a longer cycle life .

0.5 c -1c meaning the 4000mah pack at either 2amps or 4 amps but no more that the max capacity of the battery which is 4000mah which =4amps the lower and slower the better .

Always balance the pack as well .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:57 PM   #4
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
The battery you mentioned above charge it with these settings this will also give you a longer cycle life .

0.5 c -1c meaning the 4000mah pack at either 2amps or 4 amps but no more that the max capacity of the battery which is 4000mah which =4amps the lower and slower the better .

Always balance the pack as well .
+1

This is good advice.
RogerDaShrubber is offline   Reply With Quote