Wiki Posts
Search

what mags....?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 05:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default what mags....?

what magazines is everyone reading ? online or in print, i currently have a subscription to rc driver. it seems to be geared more towards off road, with an occasional smattering of on road. is there one that is more specifically geared to on-road ? gonna be a long winter. also any favorite rss feeds ?
Old 09-21-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bpalmer
what magazines is everyone reading ? online or in print, i currently have a subscription to rc driver. it seems to be geared more towards off road, with an occasional smattering of on road. is there one that is more specifically geared to on-road ? gonna be a long winter. also any favorite rss feeds ?
They all are mostly off-road because that's where the money and main interest are.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:54 AM
Tech Adept

I used to read RC Car Action and RC Nitro, but AirAge discontinued RCN after maybe three years and I stopped reading RCCA after perhaps 6. The critical aspect of their reviews tanked (suddenly, everything is amazing with no fault), they ceased providing helpful build tips and suggestions, the reviews themselves became lacking, and the organization started to falter. I'm not sure what happened but I just lost interest, which is a shame because I enjoyed getting current on all the new swag with in-print reviews and product coverage. Plus, RCN used to have these phenomenal Super Shop project builds, and Kevin used to build the neatest trucks - he helped out Tamiya with the TXT-1! Oh well.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I read the magazine called the Internet It's free and there is a bit more content
Old 09-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Racing Lines (Australian Mag) and Radio Controlled Car Racer (British mag) are the best two IMO. A fair amount of on road content and a lot of race results and reports from all around the country's in question.

I also read a couple of the US based mags, but, to be honest, they are not even in the same league as these two. US mags have a greater proportion of advertising and less over all depth and originality in product reviews. I do not remember the last time a reviewer found fault with anything in a US mag.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:28 AM
Tech Addict

Xtreme Rc - They don't take the mag too seriously and its all about fun. That's what this hobby is all about.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I quit buying them. Mostly offroad, and 70% ads. I just come to RCTech and my local tracks forum and get more useful info.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:16 AM
Tech Elite

I read only RCCA but mostly it is older news printed. I read most news online on websites such as www.redrc.net