R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #46
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Side....pile ,You won't be able to read any of my comments from under the rock you hide from in the Netherlands ! As for Mr Howart, you are not a H main driver like someone here , you will get respect even if you run nikko drives in your car... lol... !!! I don't want Infinite12th to go race , and be laughed at because he listened to you know who(mr Hmain)...ahahah.... Wow ,should someone really be advertising that he ended up in the H main ??? What kind of advice can I really expect of him ? What's next the N mains or why not the Z main ???? There should be plenty of good advice down there .....lol....
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:27 PM   #47
Suspended

Marc fischer just won the german nats with ecs type drives in his S411 !!! Amen to that !!!! Whoever got the tc4 , you should fit the losi lcd's (#losa3344) in the front of your car for more steering and no chatter , even when running front diffs !!!! All you will need to do is trim your caster blocks a bit, and you will make up that 2 to 3 lap gap easily !!!!! You will never see the H main with them...lol...
Old 09-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Jesus, you give some of the absolute worst advice of anyone on this forum.
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #49
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydewynder View Post
Infinite 12th

Knowing Larry he probably has and oil filled gear diff for his Xray. If he does maybe you can try it instead of a spool.
Sorry I missed this post

Can you remind me of who you we're at norcal or we're you there

I didn't say anything about setup or the pushing cause I was just so happy to run around the track after a 7 year hiatus. Kevin was just being nice and wanted to let me have some fun with racing since i biked all the way from Union City Bart (About a 25 min ride from norcal)...lol

I am a die hard and will get enough stuff to run then take bart and bike to race

Just like I did when they had a carpet track called Hot Tracks in huntington Beach *Rick Hohwart* would remember that track in 85'

All the big dudes we're there

Neisenger
Hohwart and all the peak guys
Tiree Phillips
Lucas Garnue and friend?
The checkpoint guys/girls
Randy Hunter
Associated guys
Steve Dunleviy
Etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
I don't want Infinite12th to go race , and be laughed at
That is an impossible feat cause I'm actually funny if you listen closely...lol *Including posts at RCTech*

Now I am way too excited in racing TC 17.5/mod after all these "interesting" comments

Thanks
Infinite 12th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:57 PM   #50
Suspended

You're probably also from the H main !!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 06:04 PM   #51
Suspended

James... if you can't stay on topic (spools etc...), then go back to the Hmain camp !!!! What advice do you have ????
Old 09-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

i think the main point of this thread was addressed. a mod should close it before it turns into even MORE of a trollfest.
annoying, figured it would be a useful thread.
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:08 PM   #53
Suspended

Also James, don't use the name of the Lord in vain ! I am still waiting on your spool advice ! Speak up !!! Still nothing,that's what I thought !!!
Old 09-21-2011, 06:13 PM   #54
Suspended

In closing : spool + cvd = no good ; spool + ecs= good !!!! CASE CLOSED FOREVER !!!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 06:17 PM   #55
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
i think the main point of this thread was addressed. a mod should close it before it turns into even MORE of a trollfest.
annoying, figured it would be a useful thread.
Mod's please don't close this thread

Spools are the latest trend in ft end technology and I want to learn as much as possible even if dudes are virtually brawling ...lol
Old 09-21-2011, 06:33 PM   #56
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

dispite the battle and petty name calling, you got me curious. are these ecs you mention a universal thing or just for xray?
Old 09-21-2011, 06:36 PM   #57
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
dispite the battle and petty name calling, you got me curious. are these ecs you mention a universal thing or just for xray?
In case you mean me I didn't mention them someone else did but R.H. said he does fine with cvd's
Old 09-21-2011, 06:57 PM   #58
Tech Elite

im running one of Ricks setups and the car runs really well on our parking lot tracks. just curious. not in a hurry to replace any $50 axels though.. =O
Old 09-21-2011, 07:27 PM   #59
Tech Master

Ive reached the conclusion that bertrandsv87 is simply a troll. That is the only explanation.
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:58 PM   #60
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL_71 View Post
Ive reached the conclusion that bertrandsv87 is simply a troll. That is the only explanation.
Agreed.

All his comments remind me about people who think the front gear diff is the answer to everything in handling... it isn't.

What it is, is an extra tuning tool to make you faster. Some tracks and drivers it will suit, and some it it won't... without trying you'll never know. And it's eactly the same with ECS's.

To state that one thing is categorically better than another is simply fooldhardy and blinkered. Keep your mind open, and you'll be faster as a result. That is a fact...

IMO, ECS potentially do help for lower powered classes, when running a spool. Corner speed there is king. But, as already mentioned, if you can set your car up to have more natural steering (and drive it), then you don't need so much lock, and can get away without.
The more power you put through the car (i.e. modified), then the more the binding effect helps to slow the car, in effect braking the fronts. Which is more than likely why you'll tend to see most top mod drivers still using CVD's.

But, as my above statement, sometimes there will be exceptions where other types simply work better for the track and conditions...

With a front diff, they aren't needed, as the diff acts to remove the speed differential that cause chatter.

HiH
Ed