R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-20-2011, 01:06 PM   #31
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When turning with cvd's and front spool ,the vibrations that cause the scrubing disrupt the contact patch of the tire with the ground giving the vehicle less front traction . If you are already used to driving with cvd's , you probably found out how to be fast with reduced turn in(overturning your wheels) , and you will have to learn anew how to be fast with the Ecs drive (reducing steering input) by getting used to them in the same amount of time; I am not surprised at all that ,with the old cvd racing techniques, you were slower aftr switching to the ecs drives !
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:12 PM   #32
Tech Master

I spent 3 days training before ETS at my home track and i tested with and without ECS , with front spool and with front diff with cleaning putty ,I did over 300 laps and I was quickst with geardiff , normal axles , so the chatter is not so important and I dont think it affects the contact patch at all
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:54 PM   #33
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
I spent 3 days training before ETS at my home track and i tested with and without ECS , with front spool and with front diff with cleaning putty ,I did over 300 laps and I was quickst with geardiff , normal axles , so the chatter is not so important and I dont think it affects the contact patch at all
If I'm correct in saying so, the chatter is because the ft inside wheel can't spin as car turns into corner and the left/rear tires are at odds with each other? To me this is what cause a push

It's like with the spool you need a car that has rear end set up that will help turn in

Rear toe adjustment? Less

So you used gear diff in front?

I didn't understand
Infinite 12th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:05 PM   #34
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite 12th View Post
If I'm correct in saying so, the chatter is because the ft inside wheel can't spin as car turns into corner and the left/rear tires are at odds with each other? To me this is what cause a push

It's like with the spool you need a car that has rear end set up that will help turn in

Rear toe adjustment? Less

So you used gear diff in front?

I didn't understand
i changed nothing else in my set up apart from adding a front diff and no ECS axles , sorry if i confused you
Old 09-20-2011, 02:07 PM   #35
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
i changed nothing else in my set up apart from adding a front diff and no ECS axles , sorry if i confused you
If I get the opportunity to race it again I will ask him if we can try the ft diff to see

Did you say it was gear of regular ft diff?

Thanks
Old 09-20-2011, 02:12 PM   #36
Tech Master

i run a gear diff front and rear 1000 oil rear and 1/8 cleaning putty in the front one
Old 09-20-2011, 06:28 PM   #37
Suspended

Your 3days, 300laps hardly qualify as proof the Ecs don't work better than cvds ! Xray , losi, hb tcx experts have a better understanding of the matter, and I put my trust in their expertise , not yours !!! Newbie, please checkout the youtube ecs drive videos, and remember that Sidecarphil already has them to try, that must tell you that sometime in the past he paid top dollar for these ecs drives , but doesn't want you to even think about getting them !!!!! Wow...misleading the competition to always stay ahead...uhuh... Did you win anything at the Ets, following your own advice ????
Old 09-20-2011, 06:43 PM   #38
Tech Elite

Infinite 12th

Knowing Larry he probably has and oil filled gear diff for his Xray. If he does maybe you can try it instead of a spool.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:45 PM   #39
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
Your 3days, 300laps hardly qualify as proof the Ecs don't work better than cvds ! Xray , losi, hb tcx experts have a better understanding of the matter, and I put my trust in their expertise , not yours !!! Newbie, please checkout the youtube ecs drive videos, and remember that Sidecarphil already has them to try, that must tell you that sometime in the past he paid top dollar for these ecs drives , but doesn't want you to even think about getting them !!!!! Wow...misleading the competition to always stay ahead...uhuh... Did you win anything at the Ets, following your own advice ????
lol...Could I be refered to as semi-newbie

@Everyone

Thank you for the information

Gonna be a pretty good learning curve for TC
Old 09-20-2011, 06:55 PM   #40
Suspended

Smile

Alright infini12th, you're better than a semi-newbie, you're a fast learning Pro to be , and if you show up at a race with Ecs drives in your car, you will be respected by the pros there ! Cvd's in the front get no respect, they are for radioshack toys !!! I keep telling Side.... to pull up his diapers, now you know why...lol...
Old 09-21-2011, 10:46 AM   #41
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

This thread will quickly become my favorite as the topic suits me fine.

I still consider myself to be a newb when it come to TC. I started with a 1/14th scale carisma and got hooked a year ago. I then got a used tc4 and have found it very challenging. I can finish in the top of the class but I am still 2 to 3 laps down from the lead.

I find my car scrubs a lot of speed on the corners and that is where I am losing a lot of ground. I have a ball diff in both ends. The back is pretty loose and the front is pretty tight. For example, if I spin the rear by hand the wheels will spin opposite as they should. When I spin the front the entire drive train moves in line with my rotation.

I decided to get an xray t3'11 as I love the car and it seems to be the fastest car on our track.

I know, it is mainly the driver, but I really wanted this car and the price was right. But I am getting off topic.

As a newb, I get confused when I read about low steering angles and setting the car up to get around the corners well. With my TC4, if I didn't have large steering angles (full lock to lock), I couldn't navigate the tight corners of my track too well. I also have to brake a lot or the car pushes through the turns.

I think my driving is to blame more than the setup but would making the front diff looser help get through the corners without having to slow down?

How does one setup a car to turn well at reduced steering angles?

In the gear diff, what is this putty?
Meradin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:56 AM   #42
Tech Elite

The putty in a gear diff almost locks the diff resulting in something close to a spool.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:17 AM   #43
Tech Elite

I get plenty of respect with my CVDs My car works better than ever after returning to them.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:21 AM   #44
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
I get plenty of respect with my CVDs My car works better than ever after returning to them.
lol
Old 09-21-2011, 02:27 PM   #45
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
Alright infini12th, you're better than a semi-newbie, you're a fast learning Pro to be , and if you show up at a race with Ecs drives in your car, you will be respected by the pros there ! Cvd's in the front get no respect, they are for radioshack toys !!! I keep telling Side.... to pull up his diapers, now you know why...lol...
Why keep up the comments about me , i am no expert and no i dont get payed by major brands but i know what I LIKE !!! and major manufacturers earn a lot of money on hop up items like ECS axles , i know i bought the short and long versions as i wanted to test them both , and my opinion on an open forum means as much as your useless ramblings !!

and Yes i did learn from my experiance at ETS and won my final , it was the H final but iw as still a win and i am guessing better result than you have ever achieved ,

now dissapear back from which ever rock you crawled out from.

i will now block you so i cannot see your comments