R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-16-2011, 11:20 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up 200mm class to replace nitro touring

A light weight chassis with a more durable drive train and stronger parts than normal electric sedans. 200mm wide, foam tires, longer mains with pit stop to change batteries or tires. What do you think?
rcnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:41 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

Whats the point? Just 190mm with battery stops and foam tires.
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:47 AM   #3
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There is no need to replace any nitro class out there ! Rc racing is about inclusion, not exclusion !!! Your idea is the worst in decades !!!!
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:57 AM   #4
Tech Rookie

Most of them are designed for rubber tires and their drive train need to be as durable or better than nitro tc and nitro touring is dying out faster than electrics.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:02 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnutz View Post
Most of them are designed for rubber tires and their drive train need to be as durable or better than nitro tc and nitro touring is dying out faster than electrics.
Ever considered that nitro is dying out in part because people don't want to run foam tyres and 200mm bodies?

Electric works as it is, why make it the same as the class that nobody wants to run any more just to suit you?
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:04 PM   #6
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nothing is about to die any faster than any other out there, buddy ! Rc racing is downsizing just like the World economy, that's all !
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:12 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
Nothing is about to die any faster than any other out there, buddy ! Rc racing is downsizing just like the World economy, that's all !
I disgree with you on both points, but having seen your preference for troll posts already I'm not going to bother explaining why. Suffice to say that electric off-road is booming and the world economy is a pretty small factor in the hobby's current popularity.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:16 PM   #8
Tech Rookie

It's not really about me, it's more of a survey.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:42 PM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The thing on road needs is a RTR car that looks real and you can pull it out of the box throw a battery in it and go race. This is what has pushed Short Course to the top so quickly.

Visit my Youtube channel for HD R/C videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/DHCross1
CR0SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:44 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic

We have too many classes as it is, nitro 200mm is dying because of cost which is too high, motors are fragile and expensive, we suck up tires like mad, nitromethane is polluent etc...shame, because the class is really fast, but with 1 second a lap slower with electric, mainly because of second gear on straight, plenty guys are changing or moving to 1/8th.

Buggy is back but had a long slow period, I think, racing remote control car is like fashion, it comes and go and comes back, wouldn't be surprise if 200mm will come back one day.

Drink EARTH water and save lives! in support of WFP
olly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:21 PM   #11
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
A light weight chassis with a more durable drive train and stronger parts than normal electric sedans. 200mm wide, foam tires, longer mains with pit stop to change batteries or tires. What do you think?
Classic case of an answer in search of a question.

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:03 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

not gonna lie, i got into nitro so i could run the 20 minute mains. just dont get that with electric. though i enjoy driving my electric more, even if only 17.5.

I almost never have to work on the car, just concentrate on driving skills.
nitro though. twitchiest mother F^&%&er ever and even when its running well, im always working on it. changing this, replacing that. i bought three complete ntc3's to learn it, built the best of the three cars, and prob couldnt build another one at this point..
tc5... broke a cva blade. stripped a spur gear...

electric would be nice if our cars had a quick change battery tray. kinda like cordless tools. but then instead of $50/gallon and $30/hr for tires its like $1000 for batteries and charging equipment.
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:36 PM   #13
Tech Champion

Foam tires + 200mm bodies = WGT
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:43 AM   #14
Tech Regular

Quote:

Looks like someone was listening to you!

http://www.redrc.net/2011/09/edam-es...is/#more-47347

Quote:
Edam got in touch to show us a preview of their new 1/10 scale electric on-road chassis. The car features pivot ball suspension parts as seen on 200mm nitro chassis combined with a three belt drivetrain and a very narrow carbon fibre chassis as normally seen on 190mm touring cars. Depending on the setup and tyre used an overall width of 190 to 220mm is achievable with a wheelbase of 258mm and an overall weight of around 1600g. The car is developed for an “unlimited class” use with 3S 11.1V LiPo batteries and up to 3.5T motors and GTP as well as normal touring car body shells.
Fastfreddy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:55 AM   #15
Tech Rookie

Yea, but from the response in this forum, looks like its gonna be D.O.A