Wiki Posts
Search

1/10 Electric TC's

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 06:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 1/10 Electric TC's

Hello Everyone I am new to the world of RC and am planning on getting into 1/10 Electric Touring Car racing. I do have knowledge of hobby racing as I do race slotcars competitively. I was wondering what would be a good car to start out with. Also I would like to build it myslelf so I can learn a lot about the mechanics of the car by putting it together. So therefore I am looking for a kit. So if you have any suggestions they would definitely be appreciated.

Sohlman
Old 11-14-2004, 06:46 PM
Tech Regular

I think that I would reccomend the Team Associated Tc3. It was an easy car to build and great racing platform to expand upon. They are getting cheap since the tc4 is coming out. You should be able to get the racer kit for about 150.
I found this car to be great for begininers right out of the box. I am new to onroad, coming from stadium truck racing. I had no problems with this car in terms of handling, and setup.
Welcome to the hobby! If you have any questions this board is a treasure of information, but I would reccomend using the search feature to find specific information before asking any questions. I found everything that I need to know through using that. Good luck.
Old 11-14-2004, 08:21 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

why not just get a tc4 since there only about 40 bucks more, starting with last years model is no way to start out.

get a TC4, its probably better to start with that over one of the Graphite cars
Old 11-14-2004, 10:18 PM
Tech Regular

That wouldn't be a bad idea either....Both would be good start up cars.