Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya 1/12 R/C RM-01 "Racing Master" >

Tamiya 1/12 R/C RM-01 "Racing Master"

Like Tree6Likes

Tamiya 1/12 R/C RM-01 "Racing Master"

Old 04-23-2012, 03:12 PM
  #541  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (42)
 
subaru73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Auburn
Posts: 907
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default rm01

here a pictures of my rm01 just waiting for the center shock.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya 1/12 R/C RM-01 "Racing Master"-043.jpg   Tamiya 1/12 R/C RM-01 "Racing Master"-044.jpg   Tamiya 1/12 R/C RM-01 "Racing Master"-045.jpg   Tamiya 1/12 R/C RM-01 "Racing Master"-046.jpg  
subaru73 is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 03:31 PM
  #542  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by subaru73 View Post
here a pictures of my rm01 just waiting for the center shock.
Nice ride

Couple tips
1>Remove the zip tie holding the wires on the pod
12th scale pods need to be free & smooth
Ideally you would want shorter, thinner (16g) gauge wire as well

2>Move the steering links to the front of the servo saver for better ackerman
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 06:11 PM
  #543  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (42)
 
subaru73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Auburn
Posts: 907
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default rm01

great tips will do.
subaru73 is offline  
Old 04-27-2012, 06:57 PM
  #544  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
spring71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,420
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Newman Joest Racing Porsche kit and Adjustable Metal Upright - F103 F104 RM01 is in stock at TQ.



Click here to visit RM01 parts store.

FYI, Thanks.
spring71 is offline  
Old 04-27-2012, 10:11 PM
  #545  
Tech Master
iTrader: (25)
 
madjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,821
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Finished! Thanks to the TQ crew, looking forward to the TCS race next month at TQ -
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya 1/12 R/C RM-01 "Racing Master"-rm01a.jpg   Tamiya 1/12 R/C RM-01 "Racing Master"-rm01b.jpg  
madjack is offline  
Old 04-27-2012, 11:08 PM
  #546  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (67)
 
Taman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: GC, Aust
Posts: 905
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Nice work! The new decals are really sticky, do you guys use detergent or anything on the decal, to slide into place and then let it dry?
Taman is offline  
Old 04-28-2012, 12:57 PM
  #547  
Tech Master
iTrader: (25)
 
madjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,821
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Taman View Post
Nice work! The new decals are really sticky, do you guys use detergent or anything on the decal, to slide into place and then let it dry?
some use Windex, I just cut them out and went for it
madjack is offline  
Old 04-28-2012, 02:26 PM
  #548  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (67)
 
Taman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: GC, Aust
Posts: 905
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by madjack View Post
some use Windex, I just cut them out and went for it
lol your a brave man these new Tamiya decals are super sticky compared to what they used to be like.
Taman is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 09:01 AM
  #549  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
bakaguyjean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atsugi Japan
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Does anybody know if the U.S. Spec Corally wheels are offset,I am trying to keep the car narrow,and the Ennti tires are not sold here.
Im looking for 1mm to 3mm offset.
Im hope the Corally wheels will work I am running a narrow body and I have been cutting non offset wheels.
Thanks in advance
bakaguyjean is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 10:03 AM
  #550  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean View Post
Does anybody know if the U.S. Spec Corally wheels are offset,I am trying to keep the car narrow,and the Ennti tires are not sold here.
Im looking for 1mm to 3mm offset.
Im hope the Corally wheels will work I am running a narrow body and I have been cutting non offset wheels.
Thanks in advance
I had previously thought the Enetti would work, but, Jaco/Parma wheels have the most off-set, so if you want to keep it narrow, those are the best bet
Rear wheels will go right to the edge of the body, front wheels have too much off-set compared to the Tamiya wheels

Here are my recommendations based on test & racing so far
For Carpet Jaco Rear white dot, with Tamiya Option front
For Outdoor Tamiya Kit Rear, with Tamiya Option Front

Enetti are similar to the CRC wheels, with almost no off-set

Gratz to Dave Garcia with his new RM-01, hitting the podium at the TQ 2nd Anniversary Race
First time out with the car, looking good


Last edited by RedBullFiXX; 04-30-2012 at 10:36 AM.
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 10:55 AM
  #551  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,916
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by spring71 View Post
Newman Joest Racing Porsche kit and Adjustable Metal Upright - F103 F104 RM01 is in stock at TQ.



Click here to visit RM01 parts store.

FYI, Thanks.
Will those uprights allow enough height adjustment to use standard height fronts?
inpuressa is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 11:56 AM
  #552  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by inpuressa View Post
Will those uprights allow enough height adjustment to use standard height fronts?
Yes,with those you can run a Tamiya wheel down to the rim, but they still have the same axle specs, so not enough off-set for standard 12th scale front wheels, and also still metric, not standard size

12th scale spindles are coming
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 02:37 PM
  #553  
Tech Master
iTrader: (112)
 
dag32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,648
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
I had previously thought the Enetti would work, but, Jaco/Parma wheels have the most off-set, so if you want to keep it narrow, those are the best bet
Rear wheels will go right to the edge of the body, front wheels have too much off-set compared to the Tamiya wheels

Here are my recommendations based on test & racing so far
For Carpet Jaco Rear white dot, with Tamiya Option front
For Outdoor Tamiya Kit Rear, with Tamiya Option Front

Enetti are similar to the CRC wheels, with almost no off-set

Gratz to Dave Garcia with his new RM-01, hitting the podium at the TQ 2nd Anniversary Race
First time out with the car, looking good
Thanks Dave, the RM01 is really fun and easy to drive, with a little practice I hope to be able to drive it mo' better and mo' faster
dag32 is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 11:20 PM
  #554  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
bakaguyjean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atsugi Japan
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
I had previously thought the Enetti would work, but, Jaco/Parma wheels have the most off-set, so if you want to keep it narrow, those are the best bet
Rear wheels will go right to the edge of the body, front wheels have too much off-set compared to the Tamiya wheels
Thanks fr the advise,I will keep searching
On a side note,here in Japan TCS does not allow any other placement of any of the front suspension besides the springs. This includes the servo saver and servo position. Its really an odd way of doing things but I think they do it to keep the car easy to drive and not so twitchy.
bakaguyjean is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 01:50 AM
  #555  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (67)
 
Taman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: GC, Aust
Posts: 905
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Somethings to look forward to:

54364 RM-01 Carbon Lower Deck
2.5mm thick carbon-fiber lower deck replaces kit-standard FRP component to increase overall chassis rigidity and bring out the chassis' maximum potential. It has an additional hole to allow installation of a small steering servo.

&

54365 RM-01 Carbon Lower Brace
2.5mm thick carbon-fiber lower brace replaces kit-standard FRP component to increase rigidity of the motor mount section for enhanced power transmission efficiency.


A TRF kit couldn't be too far off?
Taman is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.