Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya 1/12 R/C RM-01 "Racing Master" >

Tamiya 1/12 R/C RM-01 "Racing Master"

Like Tree6Likes

Tamiya 1/12 R/C RM-01 "Racing Master"

Old 01-05-2012, 07:13 AM
  #211  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

How do you use a regular spur gear in the diff?

There is .350mm difference between the 6mm Tamiya axle, and a standard 1/4" axle
I used a thin piece of Tamiya yellow tape, 2 turns around the axle to fit a 1/4" flanged, or non-flanged spur gear bearing
Works a champ
Remember to use 1/8" diff balls when using 64p spur gear
78T 64p is a good size to start with



Last edited by RedBullFiXX; 09-02-2012 at 10:27 AM.
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Old 01-05-2012, 07:24 AM
  #212  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 876
Default

Is it possible to use/mount another 1/12Th body on this chassis?
Cause as the body isn't available as a spare part yet i'm thinking to use another body on this chassis.
addicted2blue is offline  
Old 01-05-2012, 08:44 AM
  #213  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by addicted2blue View Post
Is it possible to use/mount another 1/12Th body on this chassis?
Cause as the body isn't available as a spare part yet i'm thinking to use another body on this chassis.
Yes, the RM-01 at 165mm width is a tad bit narrow compared to the 172mm max of the high-end modern 12th racers.
Wheelbase is more or less the same.
So any of the lightweight race bodies will fit no problem.

This is something i plan to do as well, until more parts & bodies are released from Tamiya.
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Old 01-05-2012, 08:46 AM
  #214  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (44)
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,636
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mailboxck View Post
Does anyone have a step by step build pics yet? Also, do you think Tamiya will turn the RM-01 into a mini and go up against the M05 and M06?
If you're talking about something equivalent to the Yokomo GT500 or the Kawada M300GT, it is possible. The parts are already available from the F103GT. All Tamiya needs to do is make something better looking than those comical Mini bodies. Should be easier and more fun than Minis because there are no shocks or sway bars to mess with.
YR4Dude is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 03:08 PM
  #215  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (95)
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,837
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Yes, the RM-01 at 165mm width is a tad bit narrow compared to the 172mm max of the high-end modern 12th racers.
Wheelbase is more or less the same.
So any of the lightweight race bodies will fit no problem.

This is something i plan to do as well, until more parts & bodies are released from Tamiya.
So RedBull, Are you running this car for fun or are you actually racing it in a class? Im thinking it would be cool left alone and ran as is with other racers doing the same. Maybe a body change and tires thats it.
Josh-n-ya is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 04:36 PM
  #216  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (15)
 
Dread Pirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: OC/RC Raceway
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Yes, the RM-01 at 165mm width is a tad bit narrow compared to the 172mm max of the high-end modern 12th racers.
Wheelbase is more or less the same.
So any of the lightweight race bodies will fit no problem.

This is something i plan to do as well, until more parts & bodies are released from Tamiya.
Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
So RedBull, Are you running this car for fun or are you actually racing it in a class? Im thinking it would be cool left alone and ran as is with other racers doing the same. Maybe a body change and tires thats it.
Yeah, require Dave to run it box stock when racing against us, ... and carrying a brick!
Dread Pirate is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 04:40 PM
  #217  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
So RedBull, Are you running this car for fun or are you actually racing it in a class? Im thinking it would be cool left alone and ran as is with other racers doing the same. Maybe a body change and tires thats it.
Originally Posted by Dread Pirate View Post
Yeah, require Dave to run it box stock when racing against us, ... and carrying a brick!
We face each other as God intended. Sportsman-like. No tricks, skill against skill alone.
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 05:11 PM
  #218  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 1,699
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

RedBull- have you been running this car as it comes in the kit? even with the tamiya tires? I wander if it would make the car slightly wider if you a set of aftermarket (jaco, parma, bsr, ect.) on it.
COLD AS ICE is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 05:29 PM
  #219  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE View Post
RedBull- have you been running this car as it comes in the kit? even with the tamiya tires? I wander if it would make the car slightly wider if you a set of aftermarket (jaco, parma, bsr, ect.) on it.
Been running it as is. The base car is dialed, even with a heavy, low downforce body on it, curious to try an Audi R10 body to see how much quicker it can be.
Tamiya kit tires are very much like Black, Yellow.
Jaco wheels will make the car more narrow, although you can shim them out to keep it the same.
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 06:22 PM
  #220  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (95)
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,837
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Been running it as is. The base car is dialed, even with a heavy, low downforce body on it, curious to try an Audi R10 body to see how much quicker it can be.
Tamiya kit tires are very much like Black, Yellow.
Jaco wheels will make the car more narrow, although you can shim them out to keep it the same.
The car looks to have some old and new mixed! I am going to see if Norcal Hobbies will get some of them. It would be interesting to see everyones driving skill with the same car here.
Josh-n-ya is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 11:34 PM
  #221  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
bakaguyjean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atsugi Japan
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Well it didnt take long for third party manufactures to get involved.
Tech Racing has a nice line up of parts they released this month.
(but dont get confused the axle are for the wild willy2)

http://www.tech-racing.co.jp/sinseihin2012-01-17.html

Expect to see everybody else offering stuff along he same lines soon.

And on more thing the RM-01 F1 based link car

http://www.tech-racing.co.jp/sinseihin2012-1-20.html
bakaguyjean is offline  
Old 01-07-2012, 03:49 AM
  #222  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean View Post
Well it didnt take long for third party manufactures to get involved.
Tech Racing has a nice line up of parts they released this month.
(but dont get confused the axle are for the wild willy2)

http://www.tech-racing.co.jp/sinseihin2012-01-17.html

Expect to see everybody else offering stuff along he same lines soon.

And on more thing the RM-01 F1 based link car

http://www.tech-racing.co.jp/sinseihin2012-1-20.html
Cool info thanks !

Mini servo mount holes are a good choice, would be better if they were slotted.
Interesting to see Tech are going with 2mm carbon chassis, and more cutouts than the standard chassis.
Most new chassis are 2.5mm, with less cutouts.

Tech Carbon RM-01 Chassis upgrade.


Tamiya Standard Chassis
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Old 01-07-2012, 04:04 AM
  #223  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (47)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: VA
Posts: 3,964
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean View Post
Well it didnt take long for third party manufactures to get involved.
Tech Racing has a nice line up of parts they released this month.
(but dont get confused the axle are for the wild willy2)

http://www.tech-racing.co.jp/sinseihin2012-01-17.html

Expect to see everybody else offering stuff along he same lines soon.

And on more thing the RM-01 F1 based link car

http://www.tech-racing.co.jp/sinseihin2012-1-20.html
So cool, a 1:12 F1 chassis...

Do you think Tamiya will ever release a competition version RM-01?
Apex is offline  
Old 01-07-2012, 06:59 AM
  #224  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
bakaguyjean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atsugi Japan
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Apex View Post
So cool, a 1:12 F1 chassis...

Do you think Tamiya will ever release a competition version RM-01?
I think you will see a F1 link chassis before a RM-01 pro from Tamiya, The Tech chassis is for a 1/10th link useing RM-01 parts
bakaguyjean is offline  
Old 01-07-2012, 06:41 PM
  #225  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 9
Default

The RM01 is awesome. First time out today against Associateds, CRCs, TOPs, etc, came in third with kit tires. RAD
OutsideLine is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.