R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-18-2004, 07:27 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Cool

id have to agree...i was deciding between the xray and the evo 4. both were good and id say that the xray was smoother. had to get the evo 4 becAuse i got it much cheaper and it had a lot of parts to go with it. also, i dont get to pay for it till may next year!hahhahaha! id say though that driving the evo 4 with mod motor is.....adrenaline pumping
cooliomojo-CEBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 07:47 PM   #17
Tech Master

Micro RS4
wagonman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 08:04 PM   #18
Tech Elite

I think the general answer is that Shaft cars are better on tracks that require braking and hard acceleration. Belt cars are better on tracks that require smooth driving, and flowing turns.

Of course, someone's tight track has a hotshot driving a belt and winning, but that isn't the trend.

Both are good, but shaft might edge out belt on a smaller track.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 08:26 PM   #19
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by speedxl
wow a couple races ! Look belt cars are a different style car I own an Mi2 it is the smoothest car I have driven in a while.
But plain fact.
As far as the snow birds, and the carpet nationals being won thats fine we are also talking in the hands of pro drivers that can tune and drive a shoe box faster then us!
On a lowwer level its a different story!
Did you even read my quote I was talking about at pro level, not club level as thats what i quoted and responded too. Helps when you know what i was talking about really..
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 12:23 AM   #20
Tech Initiate

at my track the sponserd guy will get his hands on any race worthy car and win. belts and shafts including the hpi ,tc4 , evo 4, xray and losi but his lap times on the track stay the same whith every car its all in the set up and driver . the car is just prefrence
cain921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 12:38 AM   #21
Tech Initiate

but back to the question whats beter 4 tight tracks? what ever car u like best. it cant be put in a catagory like belt or shaft
its what YOU DRIVE BETTER . personaly I loook faster driving a shaft car but I get better times with belt ive noticed that its not how fast u go in a race its how smoth YOU are driving.you can be all over the track and fast out the corners but no faster then the guy next to you. its not how quick u got out of the corner its how smooth you went though the corner that makes u fast not the car
cain921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 07:13 AM   #22
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

Quote:
Of course, someone's tight track has a hotshot driving a belt and winning, but that isn't the trend.
Winning at any kind of track depends more on the driver and not whether the car is belt or shaft. Both cars suit different driving styles.
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 07:16 AM   #23
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

Quote:
Originally posted by cain921
at my track the sponserd guy will get his hands on any race worthy car and win. belts and shafts including the hpi ,tc4 , evo 4, xray and losi but his lap times on the track stay the same whith every car its all in the set up and driver . the car is just prefrence
Yeah, it's funny, at my track the fast guys always win, regardless of what kind of car they race. Sometimes they will switch cars monthly, TC3, X-Ray, Losi, Yokomo, back to the TC3 and X-Ray. Regardless of what they run, they will always be fast and they always win. Not the car but the driver.
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 07:24 AM   #24
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by koabich
Winning at any kind of track depends more on the driver and not whether the car is belt or shaft. Both cars suit different driving styles.
Both types of cars have their possitive and negative side's.
When you buy a car because a Pro driver is succesfull with it, then you can buy a new car almost every week.

I have a X-ray T1FK, and it works nice. The main reason why I bought it is due the fact that the parts supply is the best at my LHS for the X-ray.

I will wait untill the release of the AE factory team TC4, and then go for that chassis. It looks absolutely killer!

Thomas
840918001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 12:18 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by 840918001
Both types of cars have their possitive and negative side's.
When you buy a car because a Pro driver is succesfull with it, then you can buy a new car almost every week.

I have a X-ray T1FK, and it works nice. The main reason why I bought it is due the fact that the parts supply is the best at my LHS for the X-ray.

I will wait untill the release of the AE factory team TC4, and then go for that chassis. It looks absolutely killer!

Thomas
What's killer about a TC4 that is the same car as a modified TC3?
I don't expect to see too many TC4 wins this year.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:22 PM   #26
Tech Fanatic

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Pro4Capece
What's killer about a TC4 that is the same car as a modified TC3?
I don't expect to see too many TC4 wins this year.
Shows that Associated got something right and if all you have to do is modify a 5 year old car then thats pretty impressive to me. Local and pro level the TC4 will win its fair share. Bottom line is, the bar has been raised for performance levels on all the TCs. If you know the car well enough, your skills are good enough, and you are well prepared, you will have an equal chance of winning with any of the top cars belted or shafted, flowing or tight.
RKeasler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 08:37 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by RKeasler
Shows that Associated got something right and if all you have to do is modify a 5 year old car then thats pretty impressive to me. Local and pro level the TC4 will win its fair share. Bottom line is, the bar has been raised for performance levels on all the TCs. If you know the car well enough, your skills are good enough, and you are well prepared, you will have an equal chance of winning with any of the top cars belted or shafted, flowing or tight.
The Pro 4 is the maxed out verson of the TC3 or 4. The TC4 has everything added that the Pro 4 had over the TC3. i.e.bushing kingpins, aluminium motor mount, bellcrank steering, servo saver, and a more compact electrical layout. The only difference is the extreme level of chassis adjustments. The Pro4's chassis (upper and lower deck) can be tuned or resized for any condition possible. AE owners are stuck with that grey tub which does an excellent job of conducing reciever signals. Their only option is to break out those dremels

Last edited by Pro4Capece; 11-20-2004 at 06:34 AM.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:15 PM   #28
Tech Addict

Default xray driver wins again....

been to a race last night and the local "schumi' of our racetrack won again....in a tight track using abelt drive....wasnt able to fiinish the race because my evo 4 broke....
cooliomojo-CEBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 08:14 AM   #29
Tech Regular

I would go with the losi, xray, or tc4(tc3)
Tony Szep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 09:11 AM   #30
Tech Regular

Tc3s are good on tight tracks and so are the xray T1Rs

Chazz
Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote