R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #16
Tech Elite
 
kman16jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa,Fl.
Posts: 4,005
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

i was thinking about the team orion 90c i seen on amain.but are they really 90c?lol
__________________
Kevin Welfley
AE rc8b3-AE rc8b3e-AE b64d-AE b6d-AE b6
Sponsors:|DDHrc|Team Trinity|Jconcepts|Rc Adiction Products|NitroPro Fuel|M2c racing|Ultimate racing engines|Highest servos|Bellgate Distibutors|
kman16jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:47 PM   #17
Tech Elite
 
transplantlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago, IL/St.Petersburg,FL
Posts: 2,073
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman16jr View Post
i was thinking about the team orion 90c i seen on amain.but are they really 90c?lol
yes and give you MAD PUNCH
__________________
IM A SURVIOR OF A DOUBLE ORGAN TRANSPLANT KIDNEY/PANCREAS...PLEASE BE A ORGAN DONOR TO GIVE LIFE TO OTHERS!!
transplantlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:50 PM   #18
Tech Elite
 
kman16jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa,Fl.
Posts: 4,005
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplantlife View Post
yes and give you MAD PUNCH
but is it really 90c?because its the only batteries i have seen that are 90c.lol.i know when my buddy switches from his 25c he runs about 10.9 laptimes,when he puts the 60c trinity pack in its like a kick in the pants.lol.laptimes are around 10.3
__________________
Kevin Welfley
AE rc8b3-AE rc8b3e-AE b64d-AE b6d-AE b6
Sponsors:|DDHrc|Team Trinity|Jconcepts|Rc Adiction Products|NitroPro Fuel|M2c racing|Ultimate racing engines|Highest servos|Bellgate Distibutors|
kman16jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:58 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Medford, MA
Posts: 89
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Revtech packs no question. They seem to hold higher voltage longer, making your car feel punchier and yields faster lap times. For me, they gain me two tenths a lap.
__________________
TRC-ReVtech-Epic-Trinity
Cowarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:07 AM   #20
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,318
Default

There is no such rating above 60C continues at this present time and most are 30-40C labelled 65C-70C for marketing reasons all nonsense.

The best way to find out is to ask for a test sheet from the supplier or factory then you will know the truth about the over inflated c ratings.
__________________
Email : [email protected] or [email protected]
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:20 AM   #21
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
There is no such rating above 60C continues at this present time and most are 30-40C labelled 65C-70C for marketing reasons all nonsense.

The best way to find out is to ask for a test sheet from the supplier or factory then you will know the truth about the over inflated c ratings.
Its a bit like the battery voltage wars we used.to have only a few years back with nimh... Alot of it was just crap.

Personally I prefer 40C packs... I don't like the drop off I feel with higher c-ratings.
__________________
Blade: Andro Treiber H 79g AN
FH: Donic Bluefire M3 Max Blk
BH: Donic Bluefire M2 Max Red
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:10 AM   #22
Tech Elite
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,223
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Just about every single battery on the market now lists a C rating that is physically impossible without using power wires as thick as your thumb, like we are expected to ignore reality and believe an Orion battery can push 540 amps?.

I'm actually starting to feel insulted by companies pushing such claims, enough is enough, start doing real testing and 'prove' your battery can push whatever C rating you claim it can, because until then it's real hard to recommend any battery brand that lies to it's customers.
__________________
QRCCRA
www.qrccra.org.au
www.facebook.com/englandparkraceway
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:59 AM   #23
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,240
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

540 Amps or 5400Amps ???? That's before or after they puff up !!!! Last I heard, that's about all the Orion lipos were doing ! Puff and BOOM !!!! Imagine a 540Amp BOOM.....here goes half the cars on the track...ahahah....
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:13 AM   #24
Tech Fanatic
 
fatbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 811
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fatbear
Default

Another vote for Speedzone
__________________
Team Associated www.teamassociated.com
Team Tekin www.teamtekin.com
B-Fast R/C Performance www.bfastrc.com
JConcepts www.jconcepts.net
Ace Hobby Distributors www.acehobbyaustralia.com
fatbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:41 AM   #25
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

I would not overlook your esc and motor choice if you are looking for quicker laptimes, or how your existing motor/esc is setup.

Maybe you have that covered already, just looking at the whole picture...

Just like power is nothing without control.
__________________
Fusion Hobbies / www.horshamrc.org

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:22 AM   #26
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Just about every single battery on the market now lists a C rating that is physically impossible without using power wires as thick as your thumb, like we are expected to ignore reality and believe an Orion battery can push 540 amps?.

I'm actually starting to feel insulted by companies pushing such claims, enough is enough, start doing real testing and 'prove' your battery can push whatever C rating you claim it can, because until then it's real hard to recommend any battery brand that lies to it's customers.
+1
__________________
Email : [email protected] or [email protected]
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:37 AM   #27
Tech Elite
 
kman16jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa,Fl.
Posts: 4,005
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
I would not overlook your esc and motor choice if you are looking for quicker laptimes, or how your existing motor/esc is setup.

Maybe you have that covered already, just looking at the whole picture...

Just like power is nothing without control.
I Got the power system coveredTrinity duo 3 17.5 and tekin rs speedo,best of the best
__________________
Kevin Welfley
AE rc8b3-AE rc8b3e-AE b64d-AE b6d-AE b6
Sponsors:|DDHrc|Team Trinity|Jconcepts|Rc Adiction Products|NitroPro Fuel|M2c racing|Ultimate racing engines|Highest servos|Bellgate Distibutors|
kman16jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:56 AM   #28
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman16jr View Post
I Got the power system coveredTrinity duo 3 17.5 and tekin rs speedo,best of the best
I run out of road quick where I race with a 13.5 redline, but if the duo 3 is working for you, then great

IMO there is a point where reality turns into fantasy with C ratings on packs, you just need to understand where that is and what manufacturer you can trust.

I seem to have plenty of power with a Turnigy pack, its not holding me back in the slightest and did not hurt my pocket much either.
__________________
Fusion Hobbies / www.horshamrc.org

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:07 AM   #29
Tech Elite
 
kman16jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa,Fl.
Posts: 4,005
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
I run out of road quick where I race with a 13.5 redline, but if the duo 3 is working for you, then great

IMO there is a point where reality turns into fantasy with C ratings on packs, you just need to understand where that is and what manufacturer you can trust.

I seem to have plenty of power with a Turnigy pack, its not holding me back in the slightest and did not hurt my pocket much either.
Well 2different brands of batteries i have tried that has made my car faster were thunder power and trinity,everytime i compared to them to my turnigy or zippy batteries the tp and trinity felt faster.but you talking big difference in price too.
__________________
Kevin Welfley
AE rc8b3-AE rc8b3e-AE b64d-AE b6d-AE b6
Sponsors:|DDHrc|Team Trinity|Jconcepts|Rc Adiction Products|NitroPro Fuel|M2c racing|Ultimate racing engines|Highest servos|Bellgate Distibutors|
kman16jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:00 AM   #30
Tech Master
 
Buckaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 1,503
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman16jr View Post
Well 2different brands of batteries i have tried that has made my car faster were thunder power and trinity,everytime i compared to them to my turnigy or zippy batteries the tp and trinity felt faster.but you talking big difference in price too.
Feel is one thing, fact is another. What do the time sheets or the radar gun show?
__________________
Tom Keith

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking to buy my first "legitimate" RC car... and learn about them. Harry_Potter Rookie Zone 10 08-08-2011 09:05 AM
trying to retro fit & upgrade my tamiya c11 mercedes le-mans 1/10th car. thx-n 11 Electric On-Road 6 08-28-2009 09:08 PM
No time to race sale. RC8,M8,S7 everything! tubehead R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 08-22-2008 02:32 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:21 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net