R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

i was thinking about the team orion 90c i seen on amain.but are they really 90c?lol
kman16jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:47 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman16jr View Post
i was thinking about the team orion 90c i seen on amain.but are they really 90c?lol
yes and give you MAD PUNCH
Old 09-08-2011, 09:50 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplantlife View Post
yes and give you MAD PUNCH
but is it really 90c?because its the only batteries i have seen that are 90c.lol.i know when my buddy switches from his 25c he runs about 10.9 laptimes,when he puts the 60c trinity pack in its like a kick in the pants.lol.laptimes are around 10.3
Old 09-08-2011, 09:58 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Revtech packs no question. They seem to hold higher voltage longer, making your car feel punchier and yields faster lap times. For me, they gain me two tenths a lap.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:07 AM   #20
Tech Elite

There is no such rating above 60C continues at this present time and most are 30-40C labelled 65C-70C for marketing reasons all nonsense.

The best way to find out is to ask for a test sheet from the supplier or factory then you will know the truth about the over inflated c ratings.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:20 AM   #21
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
There is no such rating above 60C continues at this present time and most are 30-40C labelled 65C-70C for marketing reasons all nonsense.

The best way to find out is to ask for a test sheet from the supplier or factory then you will know the truth about the over inflated c ratings.
Its a bit like the battery voltage wars we used.to have only a few years back with nimh... Alot of it was just crap.

Personally I prefer 40C packs... I don't like the drop off I feel with higher c-ratings.
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:10 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just about every single battery on the market now lists a C rating that is physically impossible without using power wires as thick as your thumb, like we are expected to ignore reality and believe an Orion battery can push 540 amps?.

I'm actually starting to feel insulted by companies pushing such claims, enough is enough, start doing real testing and 'prove' your battery can push whatever C rating you claim it can, because until then it's real hard to recommend any battery brand that lies to it's customers.
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:59 AM   #23
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

540 Amps or 5400Amps ???? That's before or after they puff up !!!! Last I heard, that's about all the Orion lipos were doing ! Puff and BOOM !!!! Imagine a 540Amp BOOM.....here goes half the cars on the track...ahahah....
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:13 AM   #24
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fatbear

Another vote for Speedzone
JConcepts www.jconcepts.net
Ace Hobby Distributors www.acehobbyaustralia.com
fatbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:41 AM   #25
Tech Champion

I would not overlook your esc and motor choice if you are looking for quicker laptimes, or how your existing motor/esc is setup.

Maybe you have that covered already, just looking at the whole picture...

Just like power is nothing without control.

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:22 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Just about every single battery on the market now lists a C rating that is physically impossible without using power wires as thick as your thumb, like we are expected to ignore reality and believe an Orion battery can push 540 amps?.

I'm actually starting to feel insulted by companies pushing such claims, enough is enough, start doing real testing and 'prove' your battery can push whatever C rating you claim it can, because until then it's real hard to recommend any battery brand that lies to it's customers.
+1
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:37 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
I would not overlook your esc and motor choice if you are looking for quicker laptimes, or how your existing motor/esc is setup.

Maybe you have that covered already, just looking at the whole picture...

Just like power is nothing without control.
I Got the power system coveredTrinity duo 3 17.5 and tekin rs speedo,best of the best
Old 09-09-2011, 09:56 AM   #28
Tech Champion

Quote:
I Got the power system coveredTrinity duo 3 17.5 and tekin rs speedo,best of the best
I run out of road quick where I race with a 13.5 redline, but if the duo 3 is working for you, then great

IMO there is a point where reality turns into fantasy with C ratings on packs, you just need to understand where that is and what manufacturer you can trust.

I seem to have plenty of power with a Turnigy pack, its not holding me back in the slightest and did not hurt my pocket much either.

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:07 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
I run out of road quick where I race with a 13.5 redline, but if the duo 3 is working for you, then great

IMO there is a point where reality turns into fantasy with C ratings on packs, you just need to understand where that is and what manufacturer you can trust.

I seem to have plenty of power with a Turnigy pack, its not holding me back in the slightest and did not hurt my pocket much either.
Well 2different brands of batteries i have tried that has made my car faster were thunder power and trinity,everytime i compared to them to my turnigy or zippy batteries the tp and trinity felt faster.but you talking big difference in price too.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:00 AM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Well 2different brands of batteries i have tried that has made my car faster were thunder power and trinity,everytime i compared to them to my turnigy or zippy batteries the tp and trinity felt faster.but you talking big difference in price too.
Feel is one thing, fact is another. What do the time sheets or the radar gun show?

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote