R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2011, 10:15 PM   #91
Tech Master
 
LonnyJ1950's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ. USA
Posts: 1,204
Default

Very Nice, Peter. What kind of balls and ball cups are you using for your steering links?
__________________
Lonny
LonnyJ1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:05 AM   #92
Tech Elite
 
peter_robinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Lake
Posts: 3,206
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950 View Post
Very Nice, Peter. What kind of balls and ball cups are you using for your steering links?
They are the newest AE ones, stock for an R5 I believe.
__________________
For orders or inquiries, email [email protected] Follow RC-Trim on Twitter and Facebook

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:29 PM   #93
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 734
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Here is the setup I ran at the classic. Similar to Pete's vegas setup. Cars have been dialed.

Front:

0.22 spring
Green Spoodge on kingpin
4 caster, 1 camber Old Skool front blocks.
Jaco Black, 1.550" 1/2 sauce w/ SXT 3.0. No glue

Rear:

0.20 Side springs, 1 3/4 turns down
Green Spooge in tubes
Shock Associated 35wt
Silver spring
droop: very little (1/2 degree maybe)
Jaco Orange, 1.63" Full sauce w/ SXT 3.0. No glue

Body: AMR12

Last edited by JoelV; 01-07-2012 at 11:45 AM.
JoelV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:54 PM   #94
Tech Addict
 
tim fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kent UK
Posts: 526
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Is there a similar silicone lube to the green spooge?

Thanks
tim fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #95
Tech Elite
 
303slowdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rapid City SD.
Posts: 2,299
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

The green lube is 8-10000
__________________
Ryan Borgheiinck
303slowdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:18 PM   #96
Tech Addict
 
tim fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kent UK
Posts: 526
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thank you.

Any idea where the little O rings go that come in with the side links?
Do they go on the clamp screw?
tim fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:21 PM   #97
Tech Fanatic
 
Infinite 12th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 877
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim fry View Post
Thank you.

Any idea where the little O rings go that come in with the side links?
Do they go on the clamp screw?
I've seen them put in between the links slot themselves that allows tightening of the link screw
__________________
12th scale - The Jedi class...
Infinite 12th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:25 PM   #98
Tech Addict
 
tim fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kent UK
Posts: 526
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I did think that but having never seen it I thought maybe it wasnt right.
tim fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:54 PM   #99
Tech Adept
 
SpeedMerchant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 209
Default

Hi Tim,

Yes they go in between the ends of the plastic links on the 2-56 button heads.

They push the link ends open a little so they don't bind at all. It's really not that big of an issue, but when the plastic is new, it can pinch a little.
SpeedMerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:58 PM   #100
Tech Adept
 
SpeedMerchant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 209
Default

Quick Congrats to Pete Robinson & Wes Briscoe.

Those two are out at the TimeZone GP this weekend.

I just saw that Wes has TQ'd 17.5 with his Rev.7 Sport, & Pete has TQ'd 13.5 with his 7 Sport also, as well as a 2nd in World GT, one second off of TQ.

Great job guys. Good luck tomorrow.

Take care.-Bruce
SpeedMerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:16 PM   #101
Tech Adept
 
SpeedMerchant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 209
Default

Congratulations to Peter Robinson and Wes Briscoe, TQ's & Wins at the TimeZone GP!!!

Peter TQ'd 13.5 in the last round yesterday after having some serious transmitter troubles in the first 3 quals. Peter borrowed a radio for the last qual, and promptly went out and TQ'd the last round.

He went on to win the first two A mains today in convincing fashion.

Wes Briscoe dominated 17.5 qualifying, and took the 1st two A Mains today also.

Great job guys!

Both Drivers were running Rev.7 Sports with the "New" Old School front suspensions.

I'm sure they will both post pictures and set-ups when they get home.

Happy Racing.-Bruce
SpeedMerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:38 PM   #102
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Everett
Posts: 1,428
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs up



Thanks again, Bruce, for an awesome car.

The Timezone Gran Prix is located in La Center, Washington and was host to the 2010 ROAR Carpet Nationals. It's a large track with about 5 year old ozite.

We arrived at the TZGP on Thursday morning to shake things in and start testing. The only other time I have ran 17.5 NB was at Carpet Nationals, I spent the entire day just running packs and trying different rollout to timing adjustments until I found a few good options that each had their advantages on different parts of the track. I ended up settling on a ratio that allowed me to carry the most speed 3/4 down the straight and also high speed through the wine-glass section in the middle of the track.



Late Thursday I felt the car had a good enough setup on it to run it until the grip came in more; on the club race Thursday night we were already setting fastest laps in the group much to the chagrin of a few of the CRC faithful in the house. Grouped in with the stock cars I ended up finishing around 6 seconds ahead of the next fastest car.

Late Friday as grip came in I realized the car was just getting better with minimal adjustment. I made some changes to smooth out the car like a little more dampening in the side tubes, and thicker center shock oil.

In qualifying the car was just excellent and carried more corner speed than any other car on the track, it was the dominant car in the corner. Nobody came close to carrying as much speed and I set a early TQ that lasted the day... Other than changing springs in round 3 of qualifying I didn't touch my front end all weekend.


The setup I ended up running on main day:

FRONT:
- Old School front end, 2 degree camber, 3 caster, 0 toe.
- 3.2mm ride height.
- 39.15mm tire.
- .022 spring, medium lube on king pin, .015" shim under spring (no uptravel.)
- Plastic steering blocks.
- .030" shim under each ball stud.
- 170mm width.
- JACO Lilac tire.

REAR:
- 172mm width.
- 3.2mm ride height.
- 41.15mm tire.
- .020 side spring, tweak set 2 1/2 turns in.
- Red tube lube.
- 40wt AE shock oil, blue AE spring, Hotbodies Cyclone 12 shock w/ stock piston.
- 1 degree of uptravel (pod droop)
- 0 chassis sag.
- JACO Yellow tire.

OTHER:

Body AMR12, race weight 733 grams. Battery ReVtech, terminals rear. No other chassis weight installed. Traction compound: Jack The Gripper.

Wes Briscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:47 PM   #103
Tech Fanatic
 
Infinite 12th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 877
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe View Post


Thanks again, Bruce, for an awesome car.

The Timezone Gran Prix is located in La Center, Washington and was host to the 2010 ROAR Carpet Nationals. It's a large track with about 5 year old ozite.

We arrived at the TZGP on Thursday morning to shake things in and start testing. The only other time I have ran 17.5 NB was at Carpet Nationals, I spent the entire day just running packs and trying different rollout to timing adjustments until I found a few good options that each had their advantages on different parts of the track. I ended up settling on a ratio that allowed me to carry the most speed 3/4 down the straight and also high speed through the wine-glass section in the middle of the track.



Late Thursday I felt the car had a good enough setup on it to run it until the grip came in more; on the club race Thursday night we were already setting fastest laps in the group much to the chagrin of a few of the CRC faithful in the house. Grouped in with the stock cars I ended up finishing around 6 seconds ahead of the next fastest car.

Late Friday as grip came in I realized the car was just getting better with minimal adjustment. I made some changes to smooth out the car like a little more dampening in the side tubes, and thicker center shock oil.

In qualifying the car was just excellent and carried more corner speed than any other car on the track, it was the dominant car in the corner. Nobody came close to carrying as much speed and I set a early TQ that lasted the day... Other than changing springs in round 3 of qualifying I didn't touch my front end all weekend.


The setup I ended up running on main day:

FRONT:
- Old School front end, 2 degree camber, 3 caster, 0 toe.
- 3.2mm ride height.
- 39.15mm tire.
- .022 spring, medium lube on king pin, .015" shim under spring (no uptravel.)
- Plastic steering blocks.
- .030" shim under each ball stud.
- 170mm width.
- JACO Lilac tire.

REAR:
- 172mm width.
- 3.2mm ride height.
- 41.15mm tire.
- .020 side spring, tweak set 2 1/2 turns in.
- Red tube lube.
- 40wt AE shock oil, blue AE spring, Hotbodies Cyclone 12 shock w/ stock piston.
- 1 degree of uptravel (pod droop)
- 0 chassis sag.
- JACO Yellow tire.

OTHER:

Body AMR12, race weight 733 grams. Battery ReVtech, terminals rear. No other chassis weight installed. Traction compound: Jack The Gripper.

Dude that car looks rad
__________________
12th scale - The Jedi class...
Infinite 12th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:29 AM   #104
Tech Adept
 
SpeedMerchant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 209
Default

Excellent race report Wes, thank you.

Congrats again on a great weekend. Sounds like you have your 7 dialed.

Take care.-Bruce
SpeedMerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:20 PM   #105
Tech Elite
 
peter_robinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Lake
Posts: 3,206
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

I doubt I can top Wes' race report but here it goes.

Like Bruce said I suffered some very peculiar radio issues once qualifying started. I made it all the way through two days of practice without a hiccup, but I am thankful I got things sorted out.

So after turning a total of 5 laps in the first two rounds of qualifing, I borrowed a radio and receiver and got on the track for round 3. The track had finally grooved into something more normal and no longer felt like we were skipping between old groove from the nats layout and and virgin carpet. My car was way too stiff and the radio was foreign but I still got a decent run in to get resorted back to the top heat.

I round 4 Frank Calandra came out running on top looking to smash his own TQ, but he must has tapped out and/or faded because with only a few small mistakes I found myself in the lead and eventually taking the TQ in the final round by about 1.5-2 secs over Frank, Brian Bodine and Dave Erlich.

Before the mains I made some final small adjustments to my car and was back to something very close to what I ran at the IIC. I lost the lead at times in both of the first to mains but mistakes by the other drivers allowed me to win the event in two.

Find the setup sheet attached. Any questions feel free to post them here.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf REV7_2011TZGP13.5.pdf (376.4 KB, 151 views)
__________________
For orders or inquiries, email [email protected] Follow RC-Trim on Twitter and Facebook

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SpeedMerchant Rev 6 Kenny L Electric On-Road 307 10-14-2014 09:29 PM
SpeedMerchant Rev 5 flameoutgarrett Electric On-Road 619 04-30-2010 01:45 PM
Speedmerchant Rev.4 Yankey Electric On-Road 1413 02-22-2008 09:24 AM
FS: Speedmerchant REV.3 W/Extras!!! boomer01 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 09-03-2007 03:21 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:58 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net