SpeedMerchant Rev.7 >

SpeedMerchant Rev.7

SpeedMerchant Rev.7

Old 11-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thank you Joel
yes i meant alum servo mounts.

are the turnbuckle side links stronger in impacts than carbon fiber?
please list any and all extras i should add to my order (i have no 1/12 chassis stuff) like lube, springs, crash spares, etc. basically what i will need to go out and run for a while without being stranded with no parts.

also a battery recommendation and tires and springs for 17.5 blinky

cheers
Old 11-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I don't think one is stronger than the other on the side links. The kit comes with steel turnbuckles and rod ends.

I've been running SMC packs for blinky. They have a new one 6100 60c I believe it is. Ran strong for me.

Springs in blinky a safe spot is 20 fronts and 20 sides, exactly what comes in the kit. Most of the time I run 18 or 20 sides and 20 or 22 fronts. Almost never 22 sides and very rarely 18 fronts. Lube green is the only bottle I carry. So maybe grab an extra set or two or 20/22 fronts and 18/20 sides?

Spares I'd say springs, both side and front. Maybe an extra set of old school arms to be safe. Bearings are good to have on hand. Maybe just to be safe front axles and kingpins.

Anything other questions feel free to ask.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:12 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is having a nice day.

Well we got our power back at the shop just a day ago, and cranked out a ton of stuff yesterday. The guys were at the shop until 3am just doing orders that had built up.

We SOLD OUT of Tamale Pods for most of the cars. Another shipment should be here in a week and a half.

The 1st batch of production 7's is sold out too....I'll have a bunch more cut, packaged and ready to ship by Monday.

I updated the News section with some new part #'s including the Machined Old School Front Suspension.

You can check everything out here...

http://www.teamspeedmerchant.com/news.html

Have a great weekend.-Bruce
Old 11-04-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Glad everything is up and running again Bruce
Old 11-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Glad everything is up and running again Bruce
Thanks Dave.

Your Pod Sets went out this morning. Enjoy.

Take care.-Bruce
Old 11-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Are the majority of 'old skool' front end users mounting it up and driving as-is?

Or are you sliding shims in to change geometry as needed?

Just curious if this front end is working well straight outta the box.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Rev 7 sport

I'm interested in the rev 7 sport with the carbon links and the tamale rear pod and was wondering if it can be purchased like that or would I be buying all the pieces separately? I've e-mailed speedmerchant sales but haven't heard back. Any info is appreciated.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

+1 this is ideal...

Originally Posted by arn671
I'm interested in the rev 7 sport with the carbon links and the tamale rear pod and was wondering if it can be purchased like that or would I be buying all the pieces separately? I've e-mailed speedmerchant sales but haven't heard back. Any info is appreciated.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by arn671
Don't know if you had heard, but they were without power in Bruce's area till just today, so that may be why you have not gotten a reply. They are on the east coast in MA. and were part of the snow storm that hit just before Halloween. My brother in law sent me pictures of their pumpkins in a foot of snow. I am sure they are working to catch up.

-a
Old 11-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee
Are the majority of 'old skool' front end users mounting it up and driving as-is?

I'm running mine as is and it works great in stock the only thing I have been messisng around with is a shim or two under the front when running mod to add a little more caster.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:59 AM
Tech Regular

bruce or joel did my AE pod ship? think im gonna build or convert 1 of 2 of my rev 6 with a rev 7 pod, would u go with the old school front end or formulua.. i am use to it so it doesntmatter... i have plenty of axles and silva shocks as i like 10 min from IRS.. But whats the diff between the newer formula and the rev 6 version?
Old 11-06-2011, 07:37 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee

Both Peter and I are running it as is, just bolt on and adjust for ride height. I have played with making caster and camber shims but on our track have found the 2/3 setup to work just fine.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Timezone GP 2011

Well I dusted my cars off from Vegas, and did a little wrenching and rebuilding for the TZGP this weekend in Battle Ground, WA. Shamless plug for this race, it's one of the best and the best carpet facility on the Wet Coast .

Had all of the aluminum (including the new SpeedMerchant/Tamale bulkheads) blasted with an etched finish.

Also trying out some new parts, and I included a knuckle setup I am going to try using the Tamale aluminum knuckles for the Formula front end. I took a detailed pic of the shims and orientation incase anyone wants to try it out as well. My feeling is that it will give a more precise steering feel over the soft plastic old skool knuckles, as well as add strength and ease of installation.

Ignore the messy wiring... When I had more time to devote to racing I cared more about clean wiring. Nowadays it's all about a race car!

Enjoy

Old 11-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
Well I dusted my cars off from Vegas, and did a little wrenching and rebuilding for the TZGP this weekend in Battle Ground, WA. Shamless plug for this race, it's one of the best and the best carpet facility on the Wet Coast .

Had all of the aluminum (including the new SpeedMerchant/Tamale bulkheads) blasted with an etched finish.

Also trying out some new parts, and I included a knuckle setup I am going to try using the Tamale aluminum knuckles for the Formula front end. I took a detailed pic of the shims and orientation incase anyone wants to try it out as well. My feeling is that it will give a more precise steering feel over the soft plastic old skool knuckles, as well as add strength and ease of installation.

Ignore the messy wiring... When I had more time to devote to racing I cared more about clean wiring. Nowadays it's all about a race car!
Nice ride !

No need to apologize for the wiring.
That's a race car, not a shelf queen
Old 11-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Tech Adept

Been running the same steering locks and shim setup on mine from the begining.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.