R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #301
Tech Elite
 
peter_robinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Lake
Posts: 3,206
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrememadness View Post
congrats on the win peter! why the giant capacitor on the tekin speedo?
No reason other than the one that came with the tekin broke one of the wires off. The one I wired up is just stock for and LRP speed control.
__________________
For orders or inquiries, email [email protected] Follow RC-Trim on Twitter and Facebook

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #302
Tech Fanatic
 
xtrememadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 954
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_robinson View Post
No reason other than the one that came with the tekin broke one of the wires off. The one I wired up is just stock for and LRP speed control.
Good to know! Mine break all the time and im always buying from tekin! I have plenty of lrp caps!!
__________________
CRAIG SANTRY / TAMIYA / TEAM ASSOCIATED / BROWNIES PRO AND SPORT HOBBIES / STATEN ISLAND SPEED TEAM / FUTABA / LRP / TEKIN / PROTOFORM / JACKSON RC / HORSHAM RC / EXOTEK RACING / REEDY
xtrememadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:30 PM   #303
Tech Elite
 
peter_robinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Lake
Posts: 3,206
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrememadness View Post
Good to know! Mine break all the time and im always buying from tekin! I have plenty of lrp caps!!
Tekin stuff is really cheap, the receiver wires break all the time as well. Really poor quality.

Can't wait for the new ORCA 1S speedo
__________________
For orders or inquiries, email [email protected] Follow RC-Trim on Twitter and Facebook

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #304
Tech Fanatic
 
xtrememadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 954
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_robinson View Post
Tekin stuff is really cheap, the receiver wires break all the time as well. Really poor quality.

Can't wait for the new ORCA 1S speedo
i was looking at the orion r10 1s and programmer but the orca 1s sounds interesting! im tired of bringing a laptop to the track and my sxx has been unreliable
__________________
CRAIG SANTRY / TAMIYA / TEAM ASSOCIATED / BROWNIES PRO AND SPORT HOBBIES / STATEN ISLAND SPEED TEAM / FUTABA / LRP / TEKIN / PROTOFORM / JACKSON RC / HORSHAM RC / EXOTEK RACING / REEDY
xtrememadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #305
Tech Master
 
Swampracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Squamish
Posts: 1,750
Trader Rating: 69 (99%+)
Default Where is everyone?

Did Speed Merchant take a holiday after the Snowbirds?

Placed a parts order on the website 10 days ago and no answer or shipping notice.

Greg G
Swampracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #306
Tech Elite
 
chris moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Phx AZ
Posts: 3,780
Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_robinson View Post
Happy Friday everyone

Congrats on your win, I was wondering who makes the open tierod ends in your pic?

Thanks
Chris
__________________
Sponsered by:

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:22 PM   #307
Tech Elite
 
KHoff7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
Congrats on your win, I was wondering who makes the open tierod ends in your pic?

Thanks
Chris
Associated
__________________
Awesomatix USA / Middle River Hobbies / Sweep / Psycho Cells Racing
Karl Hoffmeister
KHoff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:54 PM   #308
Tech Elite
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,189
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
Congrats on your win, I was wondering who makes the open tierod ends in your pic?

Thanks
Chris
Top as well!
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:08 PM   #309
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Garner, NC
Posts: 402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampracer View Post
Did Speed Merchant take a holiday after the Snowbirds?

Placed a parts order on the website 10 days ago and no answer or shipping notice.

Greg G
I placed an order on the 8th and haven't gotten any word on shipping or an email response either. I was really hoping to get my new car sooner rather than later, oh well I guess.
avink007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:38 AM   #310
Tech Adept
 
12thScaleCrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 106
Default

I got a ship notification last night on an order from the 5th.

It said on the news feed that they would catch up when they got back from the snowbirds.


Quote:
Originally Posted by avink007 View Post
I placed an order on the 8th and haven't gotten any word on shipping or an email response either. I was really hoping to get my new car sooner rather than later, oh well I guess.
12thScaleCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:44 AM   #311
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 734
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Any orders not involving cutting new carbon went out. Cnc should be up and running again soon.
JoelV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:58 AM   #312
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Bern, N.C.
Posts: 1,268
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

what's the purpose for the eclip in the top groove of the kingpin? I just use plain 1/8" rod (without any eclip grooves) as kingpins and I grind a little flat spot in the middle of the kingpin where the small setscrew in the steering block touches the kingpin. A plain 1/8" slot car axle is plenty long enough to make two plain (no eclip) old skool kingpins.
vafactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:42 AM   #313
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Garner, NC
Posts: 402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thScaleCrazy View Post
I got a ship notification last night on an order from the 5th.

It said on the news feed that they would catch up when they got back from the snowbirds.
Ok cool thank you for your update!
avink007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:30 AM   #314
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Everett
Posts: 1,428
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafactor View Post
what's the purpose for the eclip in the top groove of the kingpin? I just use plain 1/8" rod (without any eclip grooves) as kingpins and I grind a little flat spot in the middle of the kingpin where the small setscrew in the steering block touches the kingpin. A plain 1/8" slot car axle is plenty long enough to make two plain (no eclip) old skool kingpins.
It makes the assembly look more finished when using a king pin with a groove, it acts as a safety in the event the set screw backs out, and also by cutting a slot for the set screw to sit your inhibiting your ability to modify the suspension up travel as easily by locating the block on the king pin.

But cutting 1/8 rod otherwise does sound like a pretty economical solution.
Wes Briscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #315
Tech Addict
 
tim fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kent UK
Posts: 526
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
Congrats on your win, I was wondering who makes the open tierod ends in your pic?

Thanks
Chris

Peter

What is the reason for the steering block mod?

Thanks
Tim
tim fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SpeedMerchant Rev 6 Kenny L Electric On-Road 307 10-14-2014 09:29 PM
SpeedMerchant Rev 5 flameoutgarrett Electric On-Road 619 04-30-2010 01:45 PM
Speedmerchant Rev.4 Yankey Electric On-Road 1413 02-22-2008 09:24 AM
FS: Speedmerchant REV.3 W/Extras!!! boomer01 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 09-03-2007 03:21 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:52 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net