R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2011, 11:00 PM   #196
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Everett
Posts: 1,428
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL_71 View Post
Thanks for the info.

Am I seeing the pic above correctly? Did you true the outer few mms of your front tires down to the wheel? Effectively narrowing the front tire/contact patch?
It's just radiused a lot, for our track I leave no vertical side wall otherwise the blacks end up chunking pretty quickly along the edge. I try not to cut it down as much but I did a pretty bucky job putting a radius in.
Wes Briscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:25 PM   #197
Tech Fanatic
 
elee32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: lambertville, nj
Posts: 788
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default wow!

just ran my new rev7 converted xray xII link car for the first time today. All I can say is wow....what a difference from the old side shock stock kit I was running!!! so much more forgiving and consistent when driving the car. How do you guys figure out your toe out/in on the front end of these cars? Everyone I've talked to so far says you just eyeball it but, if everything else on the car is so precise???? I used the eyeball method myself for today and the car was real good but i just feel like there should be a better way to do it

Eric Lee
elee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:08 AM   #198
Tech Elite
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elee32 View Post
just ran my new rev7 converted xray xII link car for the first time today. All I can say is wow....what a difference from the old side shock stock kit I was running!!! so much more forgiving and consistent when driving the car. How do you guys figure out your toe out/in on the front end of these cars? Everyone I've talked to so far says you just eyeball it but, if everything else on the car is so precise???? I used the eyeball method myself for today and the car was real good but i just feel like there should be a better way to do it

Eric Lee
A digital caliper is your best friend. Just measure the difference in distance between the between the front wheels in front of the kingpin, then behind the kingpins.......
__________________
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:14 AM   #199
Tech Addict
 
tim fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kent UK
Posts: 526
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

My car was awesome today. Added a bit more caster and it turned in great.

Really loving the car
tim fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:18 AM   #200
Tech Elite
 
peter_robinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Lake
Posts: 3,206
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
A digital caliper is your best friend. Just measure the difference in distance between the between the front wheels in front of the kingpin, then behind the kingpins.......
That or I use the Hudy setup station. It's expensive but you can set your toe very precisely as well as get your end points left to right exactly the same. Saves you have to go out to the track and do circles the old skool way
__________________
For orders or inquiries, email [email protected] Follow RC-Trim on Twitter and Facebook

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #201
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 92
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Tim
Where are you racing? Maritime?
reynard55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:28 PM   #202
Tech Addict
 
tim fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kent UK
Posts: 526
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reynard55 View Post
Tim
Where are you racing? Maritime?
No West Kent not far from Maritime though and similar size. We get a couple of the quick guys come along. Just getting the hang of the car but its got plenty of potential. Are you running at Maritime?
tim fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:26 AM   #203
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 92
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim fry View Post
No West Kent not far from Maritime though and similar size. We get a couple of the quick guys come along. Just getting the hang of the car but its got plenty of potential. Are you running at Maritime?
I'm in the Birmingham area, I do the nationals and occasionally Tamworth or Central club nights.
reynard55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:57 AM   #204
Tech Addict
 
tim fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kent UK
Posts: 526
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reynard55 View Post
I'm in the Birmingham area, I do the nationals and occasionally Tamworth or Central club nights.
Ah I see. I was planning on the Nationals but sadly I have work commitments this winter. Hopefully next year though.
tim fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:30 PM   #205
Tech Addict
 
MrHistory's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 596
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I bought a 12r5 (not 5.1) to use its front end on my Rev7.

Will the 12r5 rear axle and hubs, shock, or any other parts fit the Rev7?
__________________
Irwin RC 1/8th Pan Car Specialists - www.irwinrc.com
SPM Competition, WRC Racing, MIP, Novarossi
MrHistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:59 PM   #206
Tech Elite
 
303slowdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rapid City SD.
Posts: 2,299
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHistory View Post
I bought a 12r5 (not 5.1) to use its front end on my Rev7.

Will the 12r5 rear axle and hubs, shock, or any other parts fit the Rev7?
The axle will work but I think you'll need the rev7 diff hub. The shock will also work and so will the servo mounts.
__________________
Ryan Borgheiinck
303slowdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:46 AM   #207
Tech Elite
 
peter_robinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Lake
Posts: 3,206
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHistory View Post
I bought a 12r5 (not 5.1) to use its front end on my Rev7.

Will the 12r5 rear axle and hubs, shock, or any other parts fit the Rev7?
You will need the hyperdrive lower arm mounts, associated uses 3mm screws and the Speedmerchant is drilled for 8-32 like all other standard front ends.

The axle will work fine, the rev.7 uses the short diff side hub that I think the R5's come with.
__________________
For orders or inquiries, email [email protected] Follow RC-Trim on Twitter and Facebook

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:01 PM   #208
avs
Tech Master
 
avs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_robinson View Post
You will need the hyperdrive lower arm mounts, associated uses 3mm screws and the Speedmerchant is drilled for 8-32 like all other standard front ends.

The axle will work fine, the rev.7 uses the short diff side hub that I think the R5's come with.
i have a set of the hyperdrive parts i would like to get rid of. i will throw in the set of screws i cut down to make it work.

there are very few threads available in the mounts so you need to use a screw that is just the right grip length.
__________________
Tony Shimko

Last edited by avs; 12-21-2011 at 07:09 PM.
avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:46 PM   #209
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 734
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

The car is dialed out of the box. You don't need any r5 parts.

The R5 hub is similar to the old standard before "brushless centered pods" The r5.1 hub is shorter and works. Not sure if you will be able to center the rear axle and be under 172 rear width with the original r5 hub.
JoelV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #210
Tech Elite
 
KHoff7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

THIS hub


__________________
Awesomatix USA / Middle River Hobbies / Sweep / Psycho Cells Racing
Karl Hoffmeister
KHoff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SpeedMerchant Rev 6 Kenny L Electric On-Road 307 10-14-2014 09:29 PM
SpeedMerchant Rev 5 flameoutgarrett Electric On-Road 619 04-30-2010 01:45 PM
Speedmerchant Rev.4 Yankey Electric On-Road 1413 02-22-2008 09:24 AM
FS: Speedmerchant REV.3 W/Extras!!! boomer01 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 09-03-2007 03:21 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:36 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net