Take care mate!
Eirik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 09:43 AM   #92
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
Again, from very creditable sources...the TRF team had 1-2 people doing testing at the track before the worlds. The lead tester said the Evo 4 was the way to go, that's why Surikarn ran that. Marc was privy to the same information but decided to go with the 415. You have to also remember that the Evo is an in house design, while the 415 was designed in conjunction with Tech Racing. Surikarn had input to the design changes when they went from the 3 to the 4.
Just can speak for Marc but I know he doesn´t like shaftdrive and he doesn´t like the EVO4. Long before the worlds and even before the German Nationals he said he won´t using the EVO4 and he only want racing the TRF 415.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:58 AM   #93
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Someone mentioned Surikarn does indeed the part of R&D with the EVO4.........if that is the case, I don't think he want to switch car, he was not happy probably he just realized that his design just cannot keep up with the in house TRF designed 415....may be just simple as that.

About switching car at the world, a top driver like him, and a strong MFR like Tamiya, if KARN wants to do a switch, I am sure there are plenty of way(and ppl) can help to get around the rules...(ie, somone stole it..? will that work..?)

Anyhow, I can have 1 more body scheme for my PRO 4 to copy from beside the long old HARA black/pink scheme....LOL

P.S...where is Thad, he need to say something about his new teammate.....
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:18 AM   #94
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yokomo made a 4wd car when Masami won worlds in 1987....The orginal dogfighter was one of the most popular 4wd cars at the time....

From my understanding, Masami was unsponsored at the time.....and schumacher hooked them up.....then not long after the worlds he bolted to Yokomo/AE

Later EddieO
Old 11-11-2004, 10:36 AM   #95
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by EddieO
Yokomo made a 4wd car when Masami won worlds in 1987....The orginal dogfighter was one of the most popular 4wd cars at the time....

From my understanding, Masami was unsponsored at the time.....and schumacher hooked them up.....then not long after the worlds he bolted to Yokomo/AE

Later EddieO
Exactly, at the 1987 offroad worlds Masami was unsponsored and unknown at least outside Japan.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:52 AM   #96
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally posted by Coxy
What is the Wooooooppppp Wooooooo?????
thats the sound of Team Serpent crying when HPI sweeps the roar nats next year with the r40....
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:08 AM   #97
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

So Masami has the most world titles....which MFG. holds the top spot? I enjoy the history of RC...would be a cool DVD with some footage...

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 12:16 PM   #98
Tech Adept

All i know is that Karn and Hara are closed friends since WC in S.Africa...i believed it becaused they're the same age.

I think Karn decided to move because it useless to hold 2 world champ in the same team...with Marc wins, all the attention will be going to Marc. Maybe it's the same thing happened to Hara when he left yokomo. He thinks that it's useless to be in the same team with Masami...although Hara is the world champ at that time. Masami is on cloud 9...nobody can touch or even match him! especially in yokomo.

At that time, HPI is just emerged from it's long time sleep's...especially after most of it's company's stocks are owned by HPI USA. They need good team driver and r&d persons to make this brand to be world champ. With all the new fresh "bucks" they have, they "hijacked" Hara and gave him one order..."built us a good car and gave us our 1st title..."

They're also brought M.Miura to helped Hara developed a car. and everybody's know that Miura is Karn mentor...he teached Karn how to set up a car.So it's just a matter of time when Karn will be joining him...

Karn also needs a sponsorship from nitro car manufactered. He tried to get a sponsor from Mugen, but they didn't give him ( the Mugen's car Karn drove after all this time, is BOUGHT by himself!!!).He 's only sponsored by Kawahara and Cosmo fuel...that's it!

hehehehe...it's just another "Conspiracy Theory" guys...just my thought
juki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 01:32 PM   #99
Tech Champion

WOW !!!
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 03:34 PM   #100
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to scott_g Send a message via Skype™ to scott_g

It's a long time ago, and my memory is a little sketchy - but I think you might find that Masami's first World Championship (driving the Schumacher CAT XL) was powered by HPI-Uno motors.

I'm not sure if that's the same HPI we know today?
scott_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 04:09 PM   #101
Tech Adept

I don’t think you guys realize the amount of money involved as a RC factory driver. First off; the kit, parts, travel, long hours at the track, don’t count as salary/pay of a factory driver (those things are tax write off for companies, a.k.a. advertising expense). In the U.S. there are just a handful of drivers that are on salary.

Many drivers start off with a chassis that they are most successful with; or which company is willing to take them under their wings. Then once they win some major races, a large company usually offers them salary; trinity is notorious for stealing talent…

Take M*** F****** for example, with AE and their contingency money = live was okay, but he had to have another job outside of RC to pay the bills. But now with Trinity, life is good; no second job; got homes, got cars, etc. ( and before him BK & recently Easton)
Yes, top salary drivers make more than 100K a year.

Although I don’t know why Surikar change, money + opportunity has to be in the mix. If he is so well off, why be sponsored and deal with the responsibilities.
rovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 09:39 PM   #102
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by johnbull

NowMasami has won more W Cs than all the rest put together. He won with Schumacher in 4wd off road before Yoke made their own car, [/B]
As Eddie said, they had the chaindrive Dogfighter and I think there were a handful of the 2 belt pre production YZ870c cars(I think Gil Losi jr had one) at the 87 worlds
Simon K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 01:53 AM   #103
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by scott_g
It's a long time ago, and my memory is a little sketchy - but I think you might find that Masami's first World Championship (driving the Schumacher CAT XL) was powered by HPI-Uno motors.

I'm not sure if that's the same HPI we know today?
Hey Scott, good memory, you are correct, Masami used Uno motors which were made (wound?) by HPI.
He was running a standard short wheelbase Cat during practice, but discovered on the fast Romsey track that it was too unstable, so his father built up a new XL Cat and the first time it hit the track was for round 1 of qualifying And he went on to win the worlds... as they say "the rest is history"
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 03:48 AM   #104
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Back, and ready for racing

carbon kit, some goodies and daddy has a new body.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 03:49 AM   #105
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default another

shot
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote