R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-08-2004, 04:33 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to basementLOSI
Post OVAL Stadium Truck Racing: The Topic

I race off-road with my XXX-T, and I have been looking at getting into on-road oval with my truck, yes TRUCK. I have seen that this has been coming up more and more.. but it seems so odd. I have gone to one race and it looks oh so cool.. but can I manage a summer off-road truck and a winter on-road oval truck efficiently??

My set-ups will be different, but is it something I can change back...everything can be changed back...so what I am trying to say is... is it possible to have two trucks in one for two seasons?

...I dunno how this'll work out.

Any info about oval racing with stadium trucks is appreciated! Thanks in advance!
basementLOSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 06:21 PM   #2
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: OVAL Stadium Truck Racing: The Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by bAsEmEnTLOSI
I race off-road with my XXX-T, and I have been looking at getting into on-road oval with my truck, yes TRUCK. I have seen that this has been coming up more and more.. but it seems so odd. I have gone to one race and it looks oh so cool.. but can I manage a summer off-road truck and a winter on-road oval truck efficiently??

My set-ups will be different, but is it something I can change back...everything can be changed back...so what I am trying to say is... is it possible to have two trucks in one for two seasons?

...I dunno how this'll work out.

Any info about oval racing with stadium trucks is appreciated! Thanks in advance!
here is a link

http://factoryworks.com

for all your OVAL needs

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 05:31 AM   #3
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to basementLOSI

I COULD do this...my thought was I would have to change everything. But, the main part of a good set-up is in the shocks and the shock towers (ride height), so since these..obviously..are removable and I can put in the off-road stuff for summer... I think this might work.

Hmm.. another question: Does JACO make foam tires pre-mounted for this truck? At the one oval race I went to, I was told they did, and I saw them the hobby store, but the owner said that the hex size is different... now I haven't really had time to research this, but is this true?
basementLOSI is offline   Reply With Quote