R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   PRO4 or JRX-S (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/54604-pro4-jrx-s.html)

woozer71 11-07-2004 10:12 PM

PRO4 or JRX-S

I am after a new chassis I am wondering which one to go for?
They both seem to be great cars can I have some of your thoughts.

edseb 11-07-2004 10:16 PM

Ask a hundred people and you'll get a hundred different answers. They're both highly capable, although the JRX-S is a little less proven since it is so new. I'm not saying it won't be good, just that it needs time to prove its worth. I personally like belt cars.

burbs 11-07-2004 10:16 PM

the losi sis not out yet, so i dont think a real opinion is out there.. there are a few who have run it, but not enough to really be informed

cooliomojo-CEBU 11-07-2004 10:33 PM

hmmm, havent tried both cars but i know of a lot of people who use Pro 4 and they say the car is really good. I am also planning to buy a new kit and my choices have been narrowed donw to 2 kits. Xray or Tamiya EVo IV. Which do you think is a better buy? your commnets will be highly appreciated.:) :cool: :) :cool:

Oasis 11-07-2004 10:59 PM

The Evo and the Xray are both very nice cars,I do think the Evo is way over priced($400 +)The Pro4 is just as fast(faster IMHO..:lol: )for less money. The Xray is an older design(yes..it's based on the serpent of 00)I would look for a newer design to come from Xray in the near future..:nod: In the end you cant really go wrong with any of the newer TC's on the market.If it was my money I would wait and get the new Losi when it comes out.

TCR 11-08-2004 02:52 AM

415 until the losi is realeased.

Then we shall see ;)

Hatebreed 11-08-2004 04:51 AM

The first Xray T1 was based on the experience from the Corally C4, i think hudy was the distrubitor for corally in slovakia a couple of years ago..

Cole Trickle 11-08-2004 04:57 AM

Re: PRO4 or JRX-S

I dont know the JRX-S, can somebody please provide a link and/or full name?

dasupacat 11-08-2004 05:46 AM

Re: Re: PRO4 or JRX-S

Originally posted by Cole Trickle
I dont know the JRX-S, can somebody please provide a link and/or full name?
www.teamlosi.com or www.jrxs.net

Mr. Shookie 11-08-2004 08:45 AM

Here is a simple point. With all the racers in the world chapionship and the new JRXS also racing along side the TRF415, Pro 4, MR4TC-SDW, T1 and the JRSX I would say that between the two you are thinking of buying, the JRXS's got one into the top ten, the Pro 4 got 4 in the top ten at the worlds. And Xray got none. I think they need help. I like that the price just dropped on the TRF415 and we should see more of these winning. I personaly like Yokomo mainly becasue they handle great always hold a tune and has never given me much trouble. I almost got a Pro 4 but I have had bad experiences with HPI. I think that you should wait till the JRXS has been more race proven before making it THE CHoice. Wait a little longer unless you are desprate for a new ride.
Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Stephen <><

Bigger Brother 11-08-2004 09:27 AM

Originally posted by shooky
the JRXS's got one into the top ten, the Pro 4 got 4 in the top ten at the worlds.
Try TWO JRX-S and THREE Pro4....

And I wouldn't purely go on the Worlds results. Best thing to do is go to your local track (s) and see what people are running. Are there team drivers there who could help you out with either car? That was the deciding factor why I chose the XXX-S when it came out and will go for the JRX-S next year.

Oli

dasupacat 11-08-2004 10:09 AM

Just ask yourself if you like the purple anodized :eek: or the hard anodized :cool: look?! :lol:

ChrisP 11-08-2004 11:41 AM

Originally posted by shooky
Here is a simple point. With all the racers in the world chapionship and the new JRXS also racing along side the TRF415, Pro 4, MR4TC-SDW, T1 and the JRSX I would say that between the two you are thinking of buying, the JRXS's got one into the top ten, the Pro 4 got 4 in the top ten at the worlds. And Xray got none. I think they need help.
Xray had 6 cars in the top 20 though...and the results of the worlds were decided by hundredths of a second....

Are you sure that driver input and proper setup for the track conditions didn't have anything to do with the results?

if all you're going to base iton is the results then forget those two choices...get the Evo IV from Tamiya..after all..it is the world champion isn't it??

Seriously though...look for the parts support at your local track. What are other racers running...there is somethign to be said for having the latest and greatest (JRXS) but it's also nice to have other racers there that can help you out with a part or a setup tip when you're struggling

NismoSkyline17 11-08-2004 12:14 PM

Originally posted by dasupacat
Just ask yourself if you like the purple anodized :eek: or the hard anodized :cool: look?! :lol:
That's pretty much the deciding factor for purchasing a car these days.:lol: :lol: :lol:

burbs 11-08-2004 01:37 PM

unfortunatly with the caliber of drivers at the worlds, any of them could have run any car, and most liley ended up in the same position.. im sure all of the cars were diald.. it just came down to who the better wheel was that week...

Solara 11-08-2004 02:17 PM

You use the WORLD to help decide which car to buy is your BIGGEST mistake..............because we are no TEAM DRIVER, we don't like near to one, nor having the support like one...so, if you say buy a 415 MS is because it is a world champ car, then good luck

I am sure all of them are the GOOD CAR........try keep that under your budget, part support, and your local buddy support.....

Any car DOES NOT come with a perfect setup that is RTR (race that is)....you have to ask around and find the best setup for you.

RCGaryK 11-08-2004 02:38 PM

if all you're going to base iton is the results then forget those two choices...get the Evo IV from Tamiya..after all..it is the world champion isn't it??
No it isn't. The 415 was the chassis of choice for Marc. Surikarn and Jun ran the Evo 4 though.

ChadCapece 11-08-2004 03:54 PM

Just pick your car based on your favorite color.

Pro 4- Purple
JRXS- Grey
TC4- Blue
R3- red, blue, or pink
SD- blue
Xray- chrome
415- blue
Evo 4- blue

:tire: :tire: :tire: :tire:

ChadCapece 11-08-2004 03:55 PM

BTW- No one can touch my pimped out purple Pro 4
:cool: :nod: :cool:

ChadCapece 11-08-2004 03:58 PM

Originally posted by Pro4Capece

Pro 4- Purple
JRXS- Grey
TC4- Blue
R3- red, blue, or pink
SD- blue
Xray- chrome
415- blue
Evo 4- blue

All cars are equally fast, just some might take some massaging to get there.

dasupacat 11-08-2004 04:26 PM

Pro 4- Purple
JRXS- Grey
TC4- Blue
R3- red, blue, or pink
SD- blue
Xray- chrome
415- blue
Evo 4- blue

If I could just update this list,
PRO 4 - Purple
JRXS - Grey
TC4 - Blue & Light blue...:weird:
R3 - Red, Blue, & Pink?
SD CGM - Blue
XRAY - Silver
415 - Blue
EVO4 - Blue
MI2 - Purple
RDX - Silver
SIGMA 2 - Silver
TF-5 - Blue
:D

ChadCapece 11-08-2004 04:36 PM

Black carbon fiber:
Pro 4
JRXS
Xray
Evo IV
Mi2
RDX
R2

Sparkle carbon:
Barracuda R3

Silver carbon fiber:
Yokomo SSG

Plastic:
Yokomo CGM
TC4

Roberto Falcon 11-08-2004 04:41 PM

i saw a tc4 beat a fk sunday. tc4 was dailed! and the tc4 was running like from the box no change in springs or oil :sneaky: sucks that i sold mine:cry: and its only been out a month i think. the only this that i dont like about it , its that it sounds like a meat grinder lol.

DT-Skyline 11-08-2004 05:25 PM

Pro 4 all the way :D :nod:

onebeatuptc3 11-08-2004 07:27 PM

from what i have seen at the track and from listening to the drivers, the pro 4 is basically a tc3 on steroids, with tc3 setups very similar to the pro 4. I think thats a good thing as i am also in the looking for a new chassis soon.

pumpkinfish 11-08-2004 08:07 PM

BTW- No one can touch my pimped out purple Pro 4
:cool: :nod: :cool:

You sure about that:sneaky:

My Pink Cuda R3 for those not familiar with it ;)

http://home.comcast.net/~johnwl/Cuda/chassis.jpg

TCR 11-08-2004 08:34 PM

LOL I find it funny the person that started this thread, hasn't really responded to it yet.

Probably just sitting back laughing that he got everyone arguing

by the way the 415 won the worlds, not the evo 4

1 415
1 evo 4
3 pro 4
2 losi jrxs
1 tc4
2 yokomo's

subtract an hpi and add a tc4 and it's a crap shoot.

3 belt 7 shafts yes but the belt one, and if you count the top 20

I think at least half were belts correct???

ChadCapece 11-09-2004 11:42 AM

Sweet R3. I haven't completely maxxed out my Pro 4, but when the time comes, Everthing but the chassis will be Purple.

Oasis 11-09-2004 02:24 PM

R3..nice,But IMHO still slower than a Pro4.

ChrisP 11-09-2004 02:34 PM

Sorry...I got the two Tamiya cars mixed up...must have been from the back-and-forth regarding Rheinard's car on the worlds thread...

The point still remains the same.....the results at the worlds don't mean all that much to us mere mortals:rolleyes:

rctoyguy 11-09-2004 02:44 PM

O/T - About the pretty colors

Isn't aluminum heavier that plastic/graphite/carbon? I see a lot of cars decked out with all the colored aluminum stuff - are they for GO or for SHOW?

I don't mean to bash anyone's ride - just curious - serious question - I love that look, but isn't it all (mostly) about weight?

ChadCapece 11-09-2004 03:40 PM

Here's the scale:
From heaviest to lightest-

Lead
Steel
Titanium
Aluminium
Fiberglass
Plastic
Delrin
Carbon
Carbon Fiber

Aluminium is stronger that plastic, and is guaranteed not to flex or expand. But, it's mostly for show.:D

pumpkinfish 11-09-2004 04:31 PM

Actually my Cuda is under the weight at our track so I figured what the hay. I might as well look good loosing:sneaky:

rctoyguy 11-09-2004 07:58 PM

Will, I run a Losi XXX-S (non graphite, even), so I am way over weight. - Always looking for ways to trim the fat.

Tim Johnson 11-09-2004 10:33 PM

Is this REALLY a question? HPI over LOSI? WOW..........

LOL

Personaly i would go Team Losi.

Im still bitter from the PRO 3.

mashimaro 11-10-2004 01:22 AM

Umm, aluminium is really more for show then go

Now, as for Losi or HPI? well it's funny that some people mentioned they are still bitter from Pro3 so they'll go with Losi, BUT the new Losi is in someway similar to a Pro3. I know that JRXS will be in a totally different league to the Pro3, just a bit of irony there :p
i think the question of HPI and Losi is really a personal taste

karndriver 11-10-2004 01:25 AM

pro4 or jrxs

hey wooz
personally i think they are both fragile and prone to breakages especially the way you drive:ha: i think the pro4 has much more going for it in the class of racing that you run. i would like to know how you are supposed to get the batteries in and out of the losi properly without getting a headache. the pro4 is obviously a known quanitiy its fast light and has the acceleration characteristics that suit stock racing however it would be a really expensive pain in the ass to by all the new tuning parts for the hpi when you already have all the losi parts [if they are carried over from the xxxs] i think that the drivetrain and weight dist. design inherent in the losi would prove to be surperior as is the xxxs' drivetrain. i think there could be problems with high speed weight transfer in the losi due to the lenghts of the arms. in the end yu really have to ask yourself where the development has come from? do you trust hara or do you trust francis kinwald etc? or do you go and buy a trf415 because it has won almost everything worth winning and cleaned them both up. and because i can finish ahead of you with it @ your local.:nod:
buy the losi matty you know you want to....:weird:

Cole Trickle 11-10-2004 02:02 AM

The Pro4 is the safe choise, since it's a proven car, while the JRX-S aint avaible to the public yet.

One thing that really matter, is local support. Part support is one thing. Check out how well Losi and HPI is represented near you. ANother thing is support at the track. If there's many Pro4 cars, you'll be able to get a lot of help. That dont work for the JRX-S - yet. If there's a lot of Losi-guys at the local track, it might be worth waiting for the JRX-S.

Personally, I would go Losi, much more exciting design.

Tim Johnson 11-10-2004 06:59 AM

Originally posted by Cole Trickle
The Pro4 is the safe choise, since it's a proven car, while the JRX-S aint avaible to the public yet.

All you have to do is look at Team Losi's track record. Losi does not build cars that are ill handling. Again look at the pro 3 that car would not work for anything. Great car for the parkinglot.

woozer71 11-16-2004 02:31 PM

Nobody drives a pro4 at our local track, could some pro4 drivers tell me what they think of the chassis and is it easy to set up?
thanks