R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   PRO4 or JRX-S (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/54604-pro4-jrx-s.html)

rctoyguy 11-09-2004 02:44 PM

O/T - About the pretty colors

Isn't aluminum heavier that plastic/graphite/carbon? I see a lot of cars decked out with all the colored aluminum stuff - are they for GO or for SHOW?

I don't mean to bash anyone's ride - just curious - serious question - I love that look, but isn't it all (mostly) about weight?

ChadCapece 11-09-2004 03:40 PM

Here's the scale:
From heaviest to lightest-

Lead
Steel
Titanium
Aluminium
Fiberglass
Plastic
Delrin
Carbon
Carbon Fiber

Aluminium is stronger that plastic, and is guaranteed not to flex or expand. But, it's mostly for show.:D

pumpkinfish 11-09-2004 04:31 PM

Actually my Cuda is under the weight at our track so I figured what the hay. I might as well look good loosing:sneaky:

rctoyguy 11-09-2004 07:58 PM

Will, I run a Losi XXX-S (non graphite, even), so I am way over weight. - Always looking for ways to trim the fat.

Tim Johnson 11-09-2004 10:33 PM

Is this REALLY a question? HPI over LOSI? WOW..........

LOL

Personaly i would go Team Losi.

Im still bitter from the PRO 3.

mashimaro 11-10-2004 01:22 AM

Umm, aluminium is really more for show then go

Now, as for Losi or HPI? well it's funny that some people mentioned they are still bitter from Pro3 so they'll go with Losi, BUT the new Losi is in someway similar to a Pro3. I know that JRXS will be in a totally different league to the Pro3, just a bit of irony there :p
i think the question of HPI and Losi is really a personal taste

karndriver 11-10-2004 01:25 AM

pro4 or jrxs

hey wooz
personally i think they are both fragile and prone to breakages especially the way you drive:ha: i think the pro4 has much more going for it in the class of racing that you run. i would like to know how you are supposed to get the batteries in and out of the losi properly without getting a headache. the pro4 is obviously a known quanitiy its fast light and has the acceleration characteristics that suit stock racing however it would be a really expensive pain in the ass to by all the new tuning parts for the hpi when you already have all the losi parts [if they are carried over from the xxxs] i think that the drivetrain and weight dist. design inherent in the losi would prove to be surperior as is the xxxs' drivetrain. i think there could be problems with high speed weight transfer in the losi due to the lenghts of the arms. in the end yu really have to ask yourself where the development has come from? do you trust hara or do you trust francis kinwald etc? or do you go and buy a trf415 because it has won almost everything worth winning and cleaned them both up. and because i can finish ahead of you with it @ your local.:nod:
buy the losi matty you know you want to....:weird:

Cole Trickle 11-10-2004 02:02 AM

The Pro4 is the safe choise, since it's a proven car, while the JRX-S aint avaible to the public yet.

One thing that really matter, is local support. Part support is one thing. Check out how well Losi and HPI is represented near you. ANother thing is support at the track. If there's many Pro4 cars, you'll be able to get a lot of help. That dont work for the JRX-S - yet. If there's a lot of Losi-guys at the local track, it might be worth waiting for the JRX-S.

Personally, I would go Losi, much more exciting design.

Tim Johnson 11-10-2004 06:59 AM

Originally posted by Cole Trickle
The Pro4 is the safe choise, since it's a proven car, while the JRX-S aint avaible to the public yet.

All you have to do is look at Team Losi's track record. Losi does not build cars that are ill handling. Again look at the pro 3 that car would not work for anything. Great car for the parkinglot.

woozer71 11-16-2004 02:31 PM

Nobody drives a pro4 at our local track, could some pro4 drivers tell me what they think of the chassis and is it easy to set up?
thanks

ChadCapece 11-16-2004 03:15 PM

Very aggressive car for stock racing. The car only takes minor setup changes to make a big difference. The only parts I've damaged were in the drivetrain, and they were minor at that. With a few slight mods(already posted on this forum), anyone can take a pro 4 to the a-main.:)

woozer71 11-16-2004 03:27 PM

Does the car have good excelleration?

woozer71 11-16-2004 03:31 PM

Pro4Capece how do you find the pro4 compared to the XXX-S?

ChadCapece 11-16-2004 03:42 PM

I actually replaced my LOADED XXX-s for a Pro 4. It's out corners and accelerates the losi. The losi was easier to drive, mostly b/c it didn't accelerate as hard.

woozer71 11-16-2004 03:49 PM

Thanks I think I have made up my mind and go PRO4.