R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-07-2004, 11:10 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Default Corally Assasin rear belt strip

Help. I keep stripping the rear belt on my Assasin. I can't seem to solve the problem. The rear tension is medium. Also, I run the car with a sway bar in the rear. It looks suspiciously close to the belt, but can't confirm that as the problem and there is no where to relocate the bar. Is this a common problem? Anyone else have the similar problem or know how to solve. Lastly, is the rear belt trhe same belt used on the new RDX?
Old 11-08-2004, 03:14 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default Belt Issue

Edseb,

Not sure what is wrong with your car but I can tell you that I have at least 200+ runs on my rear belt. I run almost exclusively modified motors as well. Indoor and outdoor. I also have many times mounted the stock rear sway bar on the car and it never mattered to the belt. I would like to help you with your belt issues but without being able to see your car in person its almost impossible. Are you using a stock sway bar, or has it been modified in anyway? Have you compared it closely with your manual? Is there anyway you can take photo's and post them?

I have built a RDX from from the individual pieces that have already been released and have held Tosolini's car at the Nat's at Portland and the rear belt is going to be the same. I have at one point or another owned just about every Touring car out there but the one thing that has been perfect since purchasing my Assassin has been the belts.

Good luck,
Steve Curry

Feel free to PM me for any help.
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 05:18 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Thanks for the help. Yeah, I've been going through belts, but the last one lasted many races, so maybe I've just had bad luck. I'm good friends with Toso, and he checked out my car and it seemed set up right. I'm glad to hear that the belts are the same. Pictures are hard, cause the shot needed to show is hard to get cause its under the top deck and small detail hard to show with a point and shoot digi. I'll try to do it though.
Old 11-12-2004, 02:44 PM   #4
Tech Adept

edseb,
Here's the assassin post on this site, anytime i've had a problem they've answered it, i'm sure it will be no different for you.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=17402
2000xp8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 05:01 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice

Default rear belt

eseb
on the belt stripping make sure the main shaft on your spur adapter is tight. i know you already knoe it should the problem with that set up is that shaft moves regardless on how you tighten it dur to only one support on one side. the best you can do is brace the other side using a 10L shock/ antenna support cut in half to fix the problem. i have stripped the belt out too. due to that thing moving fore and aft.you probably runnin a 10t or lower huh? imo the assassin is only good for 19 and stock dd.
twin belt just asks for rear belt strippage
s14driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 01:32 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Actually it stripped in 19t, but the previous one stripped with a 10t mod. Can you explain more on reinforcing the shaft? I don't think it is moving, but I see your point. Maybe the torque causes it to move, but even then the belt already has play and I don't think it would move enough to create that much of a difference?
Old 11-13-2004, 06:07 AM   #7
Tech Apprentice

edseb
reenforcing the shaft is pretty easy. al you have to do is support the ed with something to make it solid. i used an alumn 10L shock support some other used a piece of delrin or a piece of alumn to work. if you look in the assasssin forum you can find on a pic of one. i just run a pro stock assassin for 19 and stock and run an rdx in mod. i will try find my stock chassis and with the brace and take a pic and post it.

Yes the brace works after i did that never stripped a belt ever. the shaft does move. it really does.
s14driver is offline   Reply With Quote