Search

I want to start on road car elec 1/10...which one

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default I want to start on road car elec 1/10...which one

Hey guys, actually I m an off road man.
I have an SCTE and I play on an big track.
My LHS have a nice on road track and I want to try.
I m looking for a good elec car scale 1/10. I want to be abble to use my actual lipos, Gene ace 2S 5000 mah 40C. I have batterys, charger, transmitter.
What about TC4? I don t want to spend to much money and I don t want a car for driver but for a rookie.
Not something to complicated to set up, Traxxas with good tires?

Thank you for your help guys
Old 08-26-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm just regurgitating advice given countless times on RCTECH here but nonetheless it's good advice.

Stop by the track and see what chassis are popular, talk to the regulars, get advice, and see what your local hobby shop supplies. Racing the same chassis as the regulars will mean lots of setup advice, ability to borrow a part here and there and likely your local hobby shop supplies parts for said chassis which means you will not have to pay for shipping to get parts from some exotic company on another continent.

Also the hardcore racer tends to upgrade frequently which mean great deals on used chassis for you Possibly a chassis that is bit more complex then you are after, but which comes with some great setup advice from the previous owner and likely everyone else at the track. That's the great thing about this hobby, most people are more than willing to share their knowledge and help out where they can.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you have the money the Xray T3'11 if not go with an Associated TC6. Pretty much all touring cars will be the same as far as difficulty to set up. It is usually best to pick one that is popular in your area so you have parts support and tuning help.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:17 AM
Tech Adept

Thank you guys for your answers.
My days off are during the week so tracks are always empty so I cannot asknto drivers, I ll going to ask to myLHS but maybe they ll going to try to sell me what they have and not is good for the track.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

You're in the right place here. Before you buy, come back to the forum and ask for advice. The TC4 is a good car. Not hard to work on and has all the adjustments you would normally need.
Are you going to race it or just for playing around ??
Buy a car that's suited to your budget and to your skill level but also to the class you plan on racing in if you plan on racing.
For a class using 21.5, 25.5 or maybe even 17.5 motors with no adjustable timing or boost rules, the TC4 would be a reasonable choice and plenty of good ones on the used market.
Good advice about used cars....there's lots of top line cars that can be bought very reasonably. TC4, TC5, Xray, Schumacher, Tamiya.....all sorts of choices.
First things first....will you race ?? What class ??
Old 08-27-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Evoracer
You're in the right place here. Before you buy, come back to the forum and ask for advice. The TC4 is a good car. Not hard to work on and has all the adjustments you would normally need.
Are you going to race it or just for playing around ??
Buy a car that's suited to your budget and to your skill level but also to the class you plan on racing in if you plan on racing.
For a class using 21.5, 25.5 or maybe even 17.5 motors with no adjustable timing or boost rules, the TC4 would be a reasonable choice and plenty of good ones on the used market.
Good advice about used cars....there's lots of top line cars that can be bought very reasonably. TC4, TC5, Xray, Schumacher, Tamiya.....all sorts of choices.
First things first....will you race ?? What class ??
No I m not going to race, I have no time for that. I justnwant to have fun,on the track
Old 08-27-2011, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

In that case, go low budget but very repairable. The TC4 would be a great choice. I think the Ready To Run version is still available. It's a much better choice than RTR's like the HPI Sprint 2 with brushless motor. The Brushless system they use is totally to fast for the chassis. The TC4 comes with a brushed motor but is actually comparable to some brushless cars. If you ever wanted to equip the TC4 with brushless, you could do it easily. Good Luck
Old 08-27-2011, 02:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Evoracer
In that case, go low budget but very repairable. The TC4 would be a great choice. I think the Ready To Run version is still available. It's a much better choice than RTR's like the HPI Sprint 2 with brushless motor. The Brushless system they use is totally to fast for the chassis. The TC4 comes with a brushed motor but is actually comparable to some brushless cars. If you ever wanted to equip the TC4 with brushless, you could do it easily. Good Luck
I need a roller chassis because I have my radio and a 6000 kv combo.
I have one important queqtion, TC4 is compatible with lipo hard case ROAR legal?
This is the main thing, I want to be abble to use my lipos.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

the TC4 will take Lipo's with out messing around with the chassis. Also I don't believe you need to do any thing else to the car if you go brushless on it to. I used one of these last summer in our VTA class and it did very well for me. Plus the car is very durable as well.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by flat4
the TC4 will take Lipo's with out messing around with the chassis. Also I don't believe you need to do any thing else to the car if you go brushless on it to. I used one of these last summer in our VTA class and it did very well for me. Plus the car is very durable as well.
Thank you for info, I just want to have fun, with something durable, fst and who use my lipos.
What is the price for a used rolling chassis of TC4?
Old 08-27-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 251 (100%+)

About $100-120 off the forums. You can find deals on them sometimes for less than $100.