Best batteries for $60 a pack

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best batteries for $60 a pack

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 08:53 AM
Suspended

Last edited by cr250; 10-19-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:05 AM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm a huge nerd and would really find any tests like this interesting. But I can assure you that my experience shows Fusion batteries reflect better on lap times. This is, afterall, our main objective anyway.

I've ran a bunch of different cells all with relatively good success.
Fusion however has shown less fade in lap times compared to others I've ran. They are matched very accurately because they dump very hard... making for a predicatble battery at that.

Above all else, Fusion batteries come pre-assembled. The biggest downfall for new racers, pertaining to batteries, is in my opinion the pack building process. More heat introduced to the cells during assembly changes the properties of that cell. As such what used to be a matched pack (of loose cells) may now be slightly different cell to cell. Veteran racers that are experienced at building batteries will not be affected by this as much as the newer guys, but the physics remain true regardless. Introducing unecessary heat to your bateries is never good.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

the absolute best test I could recommend is to try them. I know that when the thermal testing was done there were acuallty holes drilled into cells and probes put in. the measurement were done at different depths into the battery. I personally did not do these tests so I am not the afficianado on the exact results. For those exacting answers I will have to ask the Jeff the owner as he did the tests himself.

John
Old 12-08-2004, 09:21 AM
Suspended

Last edited by cr250; 10-19-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi All,

I have done many cycles on cells from a few different matchers now (not fusion yet though) and I am getting a lot of difference between the label numbers and the actual numbers. For instance, I cycled a set which only had around 4 runs on them, the voltage per the label on each cell was 1.191v. Only one of the four cells was that good. Two of them were 1.15x. I'm not necesarily saying that the matcher is at fault, there may be other reasons, maybe poor assembly. This was a set which was assembled by the racer who kindly let me use them for testing. Most of the time, run time is fairly accurate, it's easy for the regular racer to check this these days. Voltage however is a different story. You can check out my web site for details.

http://www.citlink.net/~kpngtrak/CDAT_Home.htm

I'm not going to endorse or trash any matchers cells here. I'd just like to suggest that you all see for yourself and get as many facts as you can.

I can however say I have spoken with John many times in the past and I don't know of many (if any) more knowledgeable guys in the business, he is always ready to help and is easy to deal with.

I'm not sponsored by Fusion.

Chris.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Now that everyone has come one here and given all this "USEFULL" information, would you like to know what to look for? Accessability. All of the players in the battery game are still here for a reason. They have loyal customers and they put out a quality product. So as a consumer you must decide. Take into consideration, what happens if you get a pack with a bad cell? Are you going to be taken care of? What happens in a month when you are wondering why your packs dont feel the same? Is somone going to take the time to help you? Everyone one of you out there knows deep inside that you can have all of Hara's equipment (or any other pro) and you will be slower. Instead of spending all your time telling everyone why the packs you like are better, you should be practicing.

And notice not once did I say run our packs. research your choices and make your decision. If you have questions about our packs....come over to our thread and I or Jon or Gary will be happy to help you.

Thanks
Bob
Old 12-08-2004, 12:13 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Originally posted by Bob Barry
Now that everyone has come one here and given all this "USEFULL" information, would you like to know what to look for?
LOL Don't hold back Bob... tell us how you feel! LOL

I've ran Surge packs... Liked them too.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

So how much air circulates under the body of a given car body combination and do the benefits of cooling fins on packs off set any weight penalty? Also wondering if there is any difference in the heat generated by a pack made of Ni-Cd versus Ni-Mh. Srry if these have been disscussed already.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

weight penalty from where???? I happen to know that some deans bars are heavier than ours. I also know that we use a lot less solder than do people who solder by hand.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:09 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Originally posted by Baja
So how much air circulates under the body of a given car body
More than one might think. Many of the pros have put 'scoops' under the body (on the chassis) that direct air to the motor. So clearly there is plenty of air under the body.

Lets face it guys... matched packs from any reputable matcher are going to be nice. Very few of us would be able to exploit the benefits of the extra "juice" or "power" from one to the next unless that difference were quite significant. Honestly... hit one wall and the subsequent amp spike can hurt! lol

I recommend Fusion because I've had better on track experience with them. The no hassle fact that they come preassembled eliminates one area where a battery can be damaged if not ruined as well.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

well I can say this if there something for me to learn please impart it. I do like to promote our stuff but I also like to learn new things.

Like a few have said find a reputable matcher and get to know them. Thats the best thing I have heard all day.

John
Old 12-08-2004, 03:29 PM
Tech Addict

hmmmm...i think i know what i want for chrismas!

by the way, has fusion batteries filled all the driver slots? my motor sponsor ( Davis Modifieds) helped me with my driver resume' but still no answer. thanx.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

fusion will be taking applications but there will not be any answers until january
Old 12-08-2004, 04:12 PM
Tech Addict

O...i hope i get that call! er..uh..e-mail lol
Old 12-09-2004, 05:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by RCJer
WWW.RACEDAYRC.COM

Awsome prices, GREAT batteries and a really good guy too.

I have 3 of his packs and their great!

I AGREE... you really should try his packs.

I am surpriced that racedayrc was only mentioned once ;-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.