R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-28-2011, 05:30 PM   #31
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Is there a Sorex tire,insert,wheel combo that works better than the mounted ones, for high grip asphalt.

Thanks
Authorized Dealer for /Agama / Tekno / Team Associated / Schelle / Hobbywing / PT Racing Shock & Diff oil / Serpent / Tekin / JConcepts / AKA / Proline / Savox / M2C / Picco / Raceform Jigs/ Proamps Servos-Lipos www.fiercercsolutions.com Like us on facebook www.facebook.com/FierceRCSolutions
FastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:39 PM   #32
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure it kind of depends on your own track conditions, but for me I use Sorex over Solaris... Sorex just seems to hook up a little more and give me faster lap times. Solaris is a close second... but try both back to back on your track and you'll get an idea of what I mean...
Old 08-28-2011, 05:41 PM   #33
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewashburnaf View Post
I'm pretty sure it kind of depends on your own track conditions, but for me I use Sorex over Solaris... Sorex just seems to hook up a little more and give me faster lap times. Solaris is a close second... but try both back to back on your track and you'll get an idea of what I mean...
Cool I run Solaris and they seem to be the best over other. Can imagine it being better cant wait.

Thanks
Authorized Dealer for /Agama / Tekno / Team Associated / Schelle / Hobbywing / PT Racing Shock & Diff oil / Serpent / Tekin / JConcepts / AKA / Proline / Savox / M2C / Picco / Raceform Jigs/ Proamps Servos-Lipos www.fiercercsolutions.com Like us on facebook www.facebook.com/FierceRCSolutions
Old 08-28-2011, 05:46 PM   #34
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HarryLeach

Short answer: maybe.

Long answer: the pre-mounted Sorex tires work very well, so to find something better, it could cost quite a bit of money to find it.

I have some Jaco wheels I mount my tires on, and I really like the Sweep Pink inserts for asphalt [36], and the Sweep Ultra Light weight insert for carpet [28 or 24].

There could be better inserts than my choices even, but they work for me.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:48 PM   #35
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryLeach View Post

Long answer: the pre-mounted Sorex tires work very well, so to find something better, it could cost quite a bit of money to find it.

I have some Jaco wheels I mount my tires on, and I really like the Sweep Pink inserts for asphalt [36], and the Sweep Ultra Light weight insert for carpet [28 or 24].

Thank you, will probably just try some premounts.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:20 PM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryLeach View Post

I'll go with Harry on this one and add that I prefer the Sorex medium B or Hara Medium inserts for carpet for sorex tires. For the sweeps pink inserts, there are standards and EXPs. The EXPs are a little thicker and wider, making a little less air gap than standards.

For wheels, I go with something nylon over ABS plastic. The Schumacher revlites are super fragile, maybe even as fragile as Muchmore rims. For ABS rims, I go with the Team Associated branded Yokomo rims (same product, only cheaper). For nylon, salvaged Jaco spoked rims or sweep EXP standard rims are amazingly durable.

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote