Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2011 US Indoor Champs "Cleveland"

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Questions?? 1/12th 17.5

With all the other 1/12th scale race's being 17.5 no boost why on earth is the indoor champs open speed-o? Should we not be on the same page as all the other races?
Old 10-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

respekt!
Old 10-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I heard a rumor that road course will be run in the correct way, is this true? If it is my Dad and I will send our entries in soon.
Thanks
Old 10-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcscoot2539
I heard a rumor that road course will be run in the correct way, is this true? If it is my Dad and I will send our entries in soon.
Thanks
Even if it was run backwards that's no reason not to attend. Last year was my first time running counter clockwise and you get used to it on your first run.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
Even if it was run backwards that's no reason not to attend. Last year was my first time running counter clockwise and you get used to it on your first run.
I can run anyway, but my dad wont go if they run backwards and he pays for me to race.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Southern Nats did it right!

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
pave nats had 21.5 which is what the locals ran club races with and then did the roar speedo which is roar rules on both points. I would of thought that the spirit of the class would have been at go and run a 25.5 even if I didn't have a chance of winning the class because it's not a serious competition class but just to have fun with it but that's just me. For the region 5 race in April we had roar speedo with 25.5 as the variation to the roar rules which was great because the idiots got to run their tekins and still got beat! And yes I ran my black diamond and got beat also but I drive like a $#%&*(# savage according to Ficco!

the 2011 Southern USVTA nats at Thunder RC Raceway In Nashville, TN was Rob.K rules as it was a sanctioned USVTA Nationals. Only novak 25.5 and USVTA speedo list. We even went to the point of checking voltage in packs which is not on the rules as far as I know. Had 42 entries in the VTA class and had a bunch have things come up. It is the only way to really go race the class without being stupid about it.
We drove a long way to go to that race (in Tenn) and they did a GREAT JOB! It would be great if Orion,Epic,LRP and others would make 25.5 that would fall within the USVTA rules.But untill then Novak gets the business!!!!!! I also saw USGT for the first time and I hope to talk a few of the guys at THE GATE into running this class.(I know CARBON JOE is in!).The rules as they are seem to be good,why cant we stay within them?
Old 10-12-2011, 05:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gasman
With all the other 1/12th scale race's being 17.5 no boost why on earth is the indoor champs open speed-o? Should we not be on the same page as all the other races?
I agree and hope all races in the future will run blinky mode for all spec classes..

I think this is the right time to jump on the bandwagon. Clubs all across america have picked up on this and are seeing huge jumps in attendance , yet the bigger races are not following.

Can not wait for this years champs.

Mike
Old 10-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mike Blackstock
I agree and hope all races in the future will run blinky mode for all spec classes..

I think this is the right time to jump on the bandwagon. Clubs all across america have picked up on this and are seeing huge jumps in attendance , yet the bigger races are not following.

Mike
+1 ! I agree there are so many debates on blinky vs boost and both have their plus and minus but as mike mentionned , most local clubs now runs blinky and in my opinion it makes for much better racing and the cars drives a whole lot better too. Unfortunately big races are still running boost but if one of them would stand up and start running just blinky class, in my opinion it would help the others follow. I know I am in the US indoor champs thread but I am not in anyway criticising the champs because I always love going every year I just wanted to put my opinion out there. Looking forward to another Champs and seeing old friends.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ding ding ding ding.. we have a winner!!

+1
Old 10-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Blackstock

Mike
Would be nice to have a standard on esc's, motors and tires.

Blinky mode has been corrupted in the past with programming.
Motors can be changed from their stock config to go faster.
Tires the more you spend the better the compound, usually.

USVTA has worked hard at creating something that is a known standard that everyone can follow, as long as tech is there to enforce it. All 3 issues mentioned are covered as well as a 4th which is bodies.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
I also don't care for each race having it's own set of "event specific" rules, so I went with what I thought was an existing, coherent package.
Doh!
Old 10-12-2011, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Doh!
Still Nahhh, the classes were set before the "blinky revolution" and all the VTA racers in my area still run 21.5.

We based this year's rules on information we gathered from a great number of people we asked. Many of those who we spoke have now moved towards blinky and that's fine, but once we announce a list of classes we stick to it. I remember a few years ago that VTA was offered at first as ROAR rules, then the complaints started and the former management went with Novak motors only. I know for a fact that the late change in the motor rules cost the race VTA entries. People had already ordered equipment that the decision ruled illegal.

If ROAR changes their VTA rules package to come more inline with USVTA rules then next year hardcore VTA racers should be happy. I will however, NEVER offer a class that specs ONE BRAND of motor. I don't feel that is fair to the manufacturers, and I believe it inevitably isn't good for the consumer.

Blinky is here to stay, and next year it will be offered. Having to set classes for a race when the rules are in a state of flux is far from easy. We went with the exact same line up as last year, (with the exception of adding VTA), for the sake of consistency.

Hope to see everyone in November...........
Old 10-13-2011, 05:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Or the motor manufacturers could just build 25.5 motors. When someone enters a series you go by the rules.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mackin
Or the motor manufacturers could just build 25.5 motors. When someone enters a series you go by the rules.
....except that Rob K has said (repeatedly and loudly to the manufacturers) that no matter what, no matter who, no matter why, he's NOT going to accept or allow ANY other motor manufacturer into USVTA.

Go ahead over to the VTA thread and step in that bear trap!

With VTA being such a huge crowd, it would make economic sense to try to crack that egg. But the sanctioning body won't allow it, so they don't even try.

That's why ROAR specs 21.5, so every racer and manufacturer can play with existing equipment. ROAR, for all it's faults, does at least try to be all inclusive.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:10 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
....except that Rob K has said (repeatedly and loudly to the manufacturers) that no matter what, no matter who, no matter why, he's NOT going to accept or allow ANY other motor manufacturer into USVTA.

Go ahead over to the VTA thread and step in that bear trap!

With VTA being such a huge crowd, it would make economic sense to try to crack that egg. But the sanctioning body won't allow it, so they don't even try.

That's why ROAR specs 21.5, so every racer and manufacturer can play with existing equipment. ROAR, for all it's faults, does at least try to be all inclusive.
Yea but now Rob King is ROAR electric section chairman. So guess what ROAR will probably use next year? Hint....Its not a 21.5!!

EA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.