R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-13-2011, 07:15 AM   #121
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Yea but now Rob King is ROAR electric section chairman. So guess what ROAR will probably use next year? Hint....Its not a 21.5!!

EA
Yeah, everyone saw that cowpie being stepped in!

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:39 AM   #122
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Yea but now Rob King is ROAR electric section chairman.
At least until he disagrees with the party line.
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:43 AM   #123
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
At least until he disagrees with the party line.
LMAO.....Pretty much. I wish him the best of luck and need to send him a Thank You card! Maybe a Beer at the Halloween race if he comes up!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:59 AM   #124
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

ROAR can't mandate the use of only one brand's motor, it must be open to any motor which meets the approval process.

ROAR rules will never be able to be the same as USVTA, which is more restrictive, but meant to keep the "paranoid racer syndrome" to a minimum. It's a give and take....

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:06 AM   #125
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
ROAR can't mandate the use of only one brand's motor, it must be open to any motor which meets the approval process.

ROAR rules will never be able to be the same as USVTA, which is more restrictive, but meant to keep the "paranoid racer syndrome" to a minimum. It's a give and take....
Thats good to hear. Now to just get other manufactures to make 25.5 motors and make them along the same standards as the Novak motors so that they are as equal as possible (Dreaming here).

EA
Old 10-13-2011, 08:34 AM   #126
Tech Champion

Hey guys I didnt want to even get into this....but a couple of things I have questions....

1. why do you think there has been any other motor offered in VTA since brushless/lipo....it has always been Novak..

2. whats the difference in a spec motor and spec anything else...tires, bodies, esc, battery, ride height, weight, ect...its just rules correct. the rules of a class, be it TC,12th scale or off-road. Its just rules of a class...not playing favorites. Its shouldnt be looked at any different than running Sweeps as a spec tire in TC.

3. running house rules for a National level class, will get little or no response from the guys that love and respect the USVTA rules. I think the ROAR Pavement, MSRA BTH, and some other races would have had a lot better turn-out if the National rules were used.

4. Your locals run the "ROAR" rules(21.5), and that fine, but the USVTA(majority) of all the VTA racers fly the USVTA banner. Wouldnt it make more sense to get ppl in the right rules before you completly allienate the club from VTA racers that would LOVE to come run at your track. Especially with the large events that you guys put on...ei HC and Champs.

5.NJ had said that they was running ROAR as well because the locals ran it and the surrounding states/area did as well...and 7 guys showed to run the Pav Nats? Thats a loss for the chance to gain some ground on the only entry class that has gone coast to coast and overseas with the same rule package.

6. I know the debate about getting on-road on "track" and Im always going push VTA, sometimes to hard..lol, but Ive seen what it has done for several tracks to keep the doors open and ppl getting into the RC on-road program, incl Thunder RC here in Nashville.

sorry to draw this out and I respect what all of you do for on-road...but I trully believe that the USVTA rules is the easy way to keep the class growing and gain ground for new racers...its proven by two things...

A. we have had the MCC for 3 years and it always was a great event, but we always had some mix of house and USVTA rules....this year we did some tweaking, and not in just the name, but went full on USVTA for VTA and GT, and look at what happen. We double the entries, as well as had ppl come from as far as Ohio,Indiana,Michigan,Illinois,S. Carolina,N.Carolina, Alabama, Georgia,Kentucky, and others..which is also a 1st for us.

B. as the track owner, you are in charge...me and Dirla talked about going to full USVTA weeks even months before doing so. He told me that the easy way to get ppl to jump ship, was for me to jump 1st, and see who follows. Dont get me wrong, I was more afraid of losing racers cause of the rule change...I even waited longer cause of the fear of ppl quiting, a class I was very helpful in building at my local track. But I jumped...and 20+ guys jumped with me...and another 10 followed...oh yeah, 1 quit...but came back to finish 2nd in the 2011 USVTA Southern Nationals...go figure

thanks for your time and I hope soon that all tracks will fly one rule set, for right now, the best shot we have to build on-road racing...other ideas are out there...but right now USVTA is building racers and keeping track open...until something else comes along....lets work together to keep on-road racing going and adding new ppl where possible...

Thank you
Myron "Battman" Kinnard

ps...hope the race is awesome...cya soon
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:34 AM   #127
Tech Master

First I don't run VTA any more for a number of reasons, least of all I don't feel this (quote from Darkside) "only entry class that has gone coast to coast" is the place for the seasoned veterans. In addition I have issues with the exclutionary manufactuer list.

As for locally, in Indy it appears the class has died off, the comments I hear range from crappy inconsistent tires, can't run my competitive 'X' speedo from other classes in VTA, or Troubles getting 25.5 stators and motors. People seem to be moving on to Blinky 17.5 with some opting for USGT, frankly I have no glue what the ruleset is for USGT since I don't run it and it's not offered at che Midwest Grandslam, I have no opinion on it either way.

Point I want to make is the ruleset offered is what it is, don't like it don't run, not much different than me as a 1/12th guy complaining why the MCC did not have a foam class or a 1/12 class....There are way to many classes at these big events and personally I think they need to be reduced and fill out what is already there without adding more classes, be glad VTA is at the US Champs which historically speaking was 1/12 only for decades, as for the Grandslam Series I tried to match what the local tracks involved were doing already so 25.5 with approved blinky ESC, if more manufacturers made 25.5's then they would likley have been allowed. As for next year I would prefer to thin the class list down a class or 2 and it will be based on both participation and less controversial issues, that is IF I countinue with the series next year, and IF the THE US CHAMPS feels like taking all the harrasement for no blinky this or why not these rules.

just my $0.02

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED

Last edited by miller tyme; 10-13-2011 at 10:05 AM.
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:57 AM   #128
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Yea but now Rob King is ROAR electric section chairman. So guess what ROAR will probably use next year? Hint....Its not a 21.5!!

EA
25.5 motors??!! & that will most likey open up to other 25.5 motors/non-adjustable esc too on the market...from what i was told roar cant be bias

viper,,& trinty have 25.5 motors
starrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #129
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller tyme View Post
First I don't run VTA any more for a number of reasons, least of all I don't feel this (quote from Darkside) "only entry class that has gone coast to coast" is the place for the seasoned veterans. In addition I have issues with the exclutionary manufactuer list.

As for locally, in Indy it appears the class has died off, the comments I hear range from crappy inconsistent tires, can't run my competitive 'X' speedo from other classes in VTA, or Troubles getting 25.5 stators and motors. People seem to be moving on to Blinky 17.5 with some opting for USGT, frankly I have no glue what the ruleset is for USGT since I don't run it and it's not offered at the Midwest Grandslam, I have no opinion on it either way.

Point I want to make is the ruleset offered is what it is, don't like it don't run, not much different than me as a 1/12th guy complaining why the MCC did not have a foam class or a 1/12 class....There are way to many classes at these big events and personally I think they need to be reduced and fill out what is already there without adding more classes, be glad VTA is at the US Champs which historically speaking was 1/12 only for decades, as for the Grandslam Series I tried to match what the local tracks involved were doing already so 25.5 with approved blinky ESC, if more manufacturers made 25.5's then they would likley have been allowed. As for next year I would prefer to thin the class list down a class or 2 and it will be based on both participation and less controversial issues, that is IF I countinue with the series next year, and IF the THE US CHAMPS feels like taking all the harrasement for no blinky this or why not these rules.

just my $0.02
Well said.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:46 AM   #130
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Someone correct me if i may be wrong.

There are (4) companies with 25.5 offerings, Novak,Speedpassion,Trinity/Epic and Von says now Viper.

So, that being said, a large event, that doesn't like the "novak racing league"(as I have often heard the USVTA called), has the ability, if they so desired, regardless of personal preference or sponsor ties, have a VTA event using 25.5 instead of 21.5's?

Now, while my car is full USVTA legal, I can understand why some choose to go with the ROAR Sportsman ESC list to increase car count. I just hope we don't start to see esc's sneaking in not on the list.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:50 AM   #131
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller tyme View Post
As for next year I would prefer to thin the class list down a class or 2 and it will be based on both participation and less controversial issues
you may sleep in my bed for an indefinite period of time, while you are in town.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:19 PM   #132
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball View Post
you may sleep in my bed for an indefinite period of time, while you are in town.
I didnt think you used your bed for sleeping?

EA
Old 10-13-2011, 05:30 PM   #133
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool

next

The 2011 US Indoor Champs "Cleveland" It's going to be !

Team Scream Racing Middle River Hobbies GQ AMERICA Diggity Designs Castle Creations ✦TheRCShack✦ www.castlecreations.comwww.teamscreamracing.com www.diggitydesigns.comhttp://www.gqproduct.comMini www.middleriverhobbies.comTom Brown The Rev 7 XRAY ✦ M05 Surfs Up DudeMiddle River Hobbies
KAHUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:39 PM   #134
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAHUNA View Post
next

The 2011 US Indoor Champs "Cleveland" It's going to be !

+1

Also, has anybody noticed they're remodeling the hotel again!!
John Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #135
jrp
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Are the class rules posted anywhere ?

- RC Gears for Android - Find it in the Android Market
jrp is offline   Reply With Quote