R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-01-2011, 08:15 PM   #181
jrp
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default 1/12 spec

I have always liked the 1/12 17.5 timing class and that is what my local club has always run, but after going to the Halloween Classic this past weekend, I am a true "blinky" fan. The racing was really close with the Driver being the main variable.

It was so nice to just tweak the pinion a little and go driver and NOT have to hope you have all the right timing settings along with the pinion........

At any rate, how about an online petition to change 1/12 17.5 to Blinky for the Champs ??? Or at least for the old man's class (masters)

- RC Gears for Android - Find it in the Android Market
jrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:31 PM   #182
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

less than a month to go is not the time to discuss changes to the line-up.

It is what it is and will be an awesome race.

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:24 PM   #183
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrp View Post
I have always liked the 1/12 17.5 timing class and that is what my local club has always run, but after going to the Halloween Classic this past weekend, I am a true "blinky" fan. The racing was really close with the Driver being the main variable.

It was so nice to just tweak the pinion a little and go driver and NOT have to hope you have all the right timing settings along with the pinion........

At any rate, how about an online petition to change 1/12 17.5 to Blinky for the Champs ??? Or at least for the old man's class (masters)
Sounds Good to me sign me up
windix606060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #184
jrp
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller tyme View Post
less than a month to go is not the time to discuss changes to the line-up.

It is what it is and will be an awesome race.
Actually the discussion started weeks ago, I was simply putting in my opinion. And since most racers are procrastinators, they haven't entered yet anyway...

- RC Gears for Android - Find it in the Android Market
jrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #185
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrp View Post
Actually the discussion started weeks ago, I was simply putting in my opinion. And since most racers are procrastinators, they haven't entered yet anyway...
Should blinky remain the norm, then we'll definitely offer the "restrictor plate" class next year. That being said, My boosted WGT experience at the Classic was great. One change to the software, and suddenly my car was ridiculously fast, using a THREE year old motor.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:41 PM   #186
Tech Elite

Also, for clarification, ROAR motor rules will be in effect at the Indoor Champs. That means no mixing of parts from various motors to create a "super-spec" hybrid motor.

For example, a Duo3 must use Duo3 series endbells, rotors, and sensor assemblies. No D3's with RevTech endbells, or Duo2's with RevTech rotors, etc. If the parts weren't included in the original ROAR approval for that specific teardown, they are not legal to be used together. Any instance of this that is discovered is grounds for immediate disqualification from the event.

(Steps down from Soapbox....)
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
Old 11-02-2011, 07:41 AM   #187
Tech Apprentice

Default 1/12 Mod vs 17.5

I am interested in MOD becuase I don't want to fuss with my ESC. Like the good ol' days - if you want to go faster simply put a faster motor in!

I have 60 c 5600 mah packs - will that be enough on 4 turns? What gearing and timing would you suggest for this track layout?

Associated 12r5.1 Yokomo R12 World's Hobbywing Team Fantom Spektrum
Pokey72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:43 AM   #188
Tech Apprentice

Default Open Mod

It doesn't matter then if you want to swap motor parts for MOD? Hense the name "OPEN MOD" ?

Associated 12r5.1 Yokomo R12 World's Hobbywing Team Fantom Spektrum
Pokey72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:23 AM   #189
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokey72 View Post
It doesn't matter then if you want to swap motor parts for MOD? Hense the name "OPEN MOD" ?
Open Mod merely means that you can run whatever wind you wish. All motors still need to meet the specifications outlined in the rules. These rules were established to prevent someone from buying several different $80 motors to combine parts to build one "super" motor.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:32 AM   #190
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Looking forward to Champs. How are you rolling out quals?
Old 11-02-2011, 08:36 AM   #191
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The check's in the mail!
mackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:50 AM   #192
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny L View Post
Looking forward to Champs. How are you rolling out quals?
Seeded primarily on previous year's results. I like this because it incentivizes regular attendance.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:18 AM   #193
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
Seeded primarily on previous year's results. I like this because it incentivizes regular attendance.
And its also the reason that people who dont attend every year dont usually go either. Nothing worse in my opinion.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:25 AM   #194
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
Also, for clarification, ROAR motor rules will be in effect at the Indoor Champs. That means no mixing of parts from various motors to create a "super-spec" hybrid motor.

For example, a Duo3 must use Duo3 series endbells, rotors, and sensor assemblies. No D3's with RevTech endbells, or Duo2's with RevTech rotors, etc. If the parts weren't included in the original ROAR approval for that specific teardown, they are not legal to be used together. Any instance of this that is discovered is grounds for immediate disqualification from the event.

(Steps down from Soapbox....)
Ian:
By the ROAR rules the entire Duo series of motors and the RevTech may use the same D3 rotors. I found that out when printing out the ROAR approved motor list. They now include approved rotors and their applications on that list.
Just info for you.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:43 AM   #195
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_dude View Post
Ian:
By the ROAR rules the entire Duo series of motors and the RevTech may use the same D3 rotors. I found that out when printing out the ROAR approved motor list. They now include approved rotors and their applications on that list.
Just info for you.
Thanks for the update!! We'll make note of that and print out the approved list. I'll pass the info on to our tech director, the illustrious John Warner.