R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #31
Super Moderator
 
Matt Trimmings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 5,769
Trader Rating: 158 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik G View Post
Li - Poly 2S Brick Turnigy Nano-Tech 5.6 5600 50C NC5600.2S2P.50 July 25, 2012
Li - Poly 2S Brick Turnigy Nano-Tech 5.3 5300 30C NC5300.2S2P.30 July 25, 2012
Li - Poly 2S Brick Turnigy Nano-Tech 4.2 4200 65C NC4200.2S2P.65 July 25, 2012
Li - Poly 1S Turnigy Nano-Tech 5.6 5600 65C NC5600.1S2P.65 July 25, 2012
Li - Poly 1S Turnigy Nano-Tech 5.0 5000 50C NC5000.1S2P.50 July 25, 2012
Li - Poly 2S Saddle Pack Turnigy Nano-Tech 4.85 4850 50C NC4850.2S3P.50 July 25, 2012
Li - Poly 2S Saddle Pack Turnigy Nano-Tech 5.0 5000 30C NC5000.2S3P.30 July 25, 2012
For Your Information....this thread was started in 2011....you brought it back to tell everyone that its not true and these packs are actually roar approved....as of July of 2012. So it is still quite possible that these packs were claimed to be roar approved in 2011 when they actually werent. Just because a product is submitted for approval doesnt make it approved.
__________________
Thanks to: JConcepts ~ Schelle ~ Kustom RC Graphics

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #32
Tech Master
 
Geezatec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings View Post
For Your Information....this thread was started in 2011....you brought it back to tell everyone that its not true and these packs are actually roar approved....as of July of 2012. So it is still quite possible that these packs were claimed to be roar approved in 2011 when they actually werent. Just because a product is submitted for approval doesnt make it approved.
Usually it takes 3 months to approve. They say it is submitted for approval we dont see approval, They have FAILED. ]Go forward. Its like UL(Underwriters Labratory) Making sure it is safe. Rebadging, ins still a different manufacturer even though its been approved my another. ROAR says Manufacture/ Supplier must submit application or must be ROAR affiliated.
Geezatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #33
Tech Fanatic
 
The Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 953
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

What exactly makes a LiPo "Roar approved"? What are they testing for?
__________________
-Derrick-
"Yeah, well, thats just like your opinion, man."
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #34
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Stockport, UK
Posts: 982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
What exactly makes a LiPo "Roar approved"? What are they testing for?
To make sure the batteries meet all the rules in the ROAR handbook, such as making sure they are within the maximum dimensions, that the cells have been subject to UN testing and have been issued with a safety test certificate, that they are readily available to the public and that the cells can be easily identified as legal.
terry.sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #35
Tech Master
 
Geezatec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
To make sure the batteries meet all the rules in the ROAR handbook, such as making sure they are within the maximum dimensions, that the cells have been subject to UN testing and have been issued with a safety test certificate, that they are readily available to the public and that the cells can be easily identified as legal.
Dimension, Drop test, Overload of charge, how much beating it takes, Crashes. Hard shell. Maybe you can name some. Explosion, Racers safety is what they're testing.
Geezatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Approved batteries mtbkym01 Australian Racing 19 01-24-2012 12:50 PM
Turnigy Lipo Fire brofroe Electric Off-Road 189 09-01-2010 01:00 PM
turnigy lipos ROAR approved? pdiddy777 Electric Off-Road 14 07-15-2010 01:22 AM
TURNIGY vs. ORION batts *BBB* Electric Off-Road 17 12-23-2009 11:00 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:24 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net