Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Need advice on bodies/shells, paint, and LEDs. >

Need advice on bodies/shells, paint, and LEDs.

Need advice on bodies/shells, paint, and LEDs.

Old 08-12-2011, 03:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Questions?? Need advice on bodies/shells, paint, and LEDs.

Im gonna list my topics by number so its easier to refer to them as we make our posts.

1st i need suggestions for very high quality bodies that come with very good masking stickers. I purchased an hpi body and the masking stickers were too big leaving parts that shouldnt be clear on the body clear.

2nd I need suggestions on paint. I was told one of those short cans of tamiya spray paint should work for one entire car body, which it doesnt. Im trying to save money but i want high quality paint and need a large selection. I wouldnt mind investing in an air brush. I heard there was some other option to save money on paint. Im looking for these colors, black, white, and silver/chrome. I am also looking for paint i can paint on with a brush, that are translucent red, translucent yellow, and translucent orange. I am also looking for translucent black or smoke/tint colored spray cans for tinting windows. I would love some links to check out for site with a good selection of paint, amazon just isnt cutting it :P

3rd i was wanting to purchase an led kit for my body so i can have head lights and tail lights. I would love to get the police mod lights but i think that would be too much work.
Heres a link of something cool i found but its expensive, and i have no idea how i would go about installing it.

Edit: Cant use links yet, so look up rclightskits the website and they have a 3Ch RC Car Led Control Module that i was looking at. But its expensive

They also sell led kits that are almost as much. Does anyone have any good guides to link me to for this topic?

4th does anyone know of anyway to make or buy a cover to put on my TA-05 v2 R? I need something like they make for buggies to keep the dust away from my electronics and gears and what not. A body alone doesnt cut it, i need something to prevent all this dust from getting in my chassis.

-Thanks for your time
Old 08-12-2011, 05:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Post in the Painting, design, graphic, photography section and you will get a better response. Good luck with your painting
Old 08-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Tech Initiate

will do, thanks for letting me know