Wiki Posts
Search

Who stocks BD esc

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Who stocks BD esc

Hey guys what hobby shop stocks black diamond esc ....i know mike does at model tech but they dont open until sept 5 is there anyone else who has these
Old 08-09-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

CRC
Old 08-09-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

There outta stock i need a place that has them
Old 08-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Check the Track at Harbor Hobbies in illinois. 1225 Sheridan Rd. Suite H Winthrop Harbor, IL 60096
(847) 246-1762
Last time i was there i think they had 1-2 in the case.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

ok so i called there the guy doesnt even know what version he has in stock im looking for the latest version the 4002 he couldnt tell me if the one he had was that .....he gave me a part number adv1004??
Old 08-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

ok turnsout he has the v2 but he doesnt take paypal arg arg anywhere else anybody knows that takes paypal gosh
Old 08-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've seen a few of your posts recently. So, you are going to buy a $400 ESC for a spec zero timing class? Just because someone told you that it's the best for use with a certain motor that is not even legal many places. Why don't you just straight up cheat and run a faster motor with a different sticker on it? You're basically trying to cheat anyway.

I'd like to see it when you get destroyed in the infield by better drivers with slower cars.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

people warned me about bd haters u must be one of the guys who cant afford one
Old 08-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

I can afford one. I'm just not stupid enough to waste money on an ESC that was the fast ESC for about a week, around two years ago and has been a $400 paper weight for most people since. There are better ESCs that do more for less than half the price. Maybe they just wont work as well with that specific cheater motor you want to run though.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

I already asked my club about the corally pro red there ok with me using one so im not sure why it bothers u so much your not even in my club
Old 08-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

why im open to suggestions what do u think the best combo is
Old 08-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

For zero timing spec, the ESC doesn't really matter much, but some are a little more reliable than others. I use a Tekin RS for blinky because I still have one from running boosted classes. I use an ORCA vritra VTC mkII for boosted and Mod now.

Novak Ballistic, LRPX12, Tekin Redline, Trinity Duo3 or Trinity Revtech plus several other motors work very well for blinky spec. It's a spec class where the cars are supposed to be very close to the same speed, so it all comes down to the driver.

If you have to have the fastest car down the straight by far, then why do you even want to race in this class? It's not in the spirit of spec racing.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by locked
For zero timing spec, the ESC doesn't really matter much, but some are a little more reliable than others. I use a Tekin RS for blinky because I still have one from running boosted classes. I use an ORCA vritra VTC mkII for boosted and Mod now.

Novak Ballistic, LRPX12, Tekin Redline, Trinity Duo3 or Trinity Revtech plus several other motors work very well for blinky spec. It's a spec class where the cars are supposed to be very close to the same speed, so it all comes down to the driver.

If you have to have the fastest car down the straight by far, then why do you even want to race in this class? It's not in the spirit of spec racing.
ok i hear your point and its valid but just inthe spirit of competition i wanna win lol but the bd is hard to come by and a lot of people are sayin that the esc out now are comparable to it i just want the bd because then i will never have to buy another speedo again no matter what class i run as for the motor if im blowing everyone away with the corally it obviously wont be that fun after a while so im also thinking of the new reedy motors
Old 08-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
i just want the bd because then i will never have to buy another speedo again no matter what class i run
..then get a Tekin RS Pro.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Ignore them get it if you want it

If you want the BD get the BD. Get a Corally. A used one from a 1/12 driver or something will do. They're all going for integrated rx boosters. Check oople and RCtech for sale, you will find one, and it will be a bargain. Its not a problem used. The build quality is first class.

But if you think you need the BD to have the fastest car on the straight, think again. The reason BD drivers love this speedo is the feel. That's why its quick. Even lacking a bit of top end on the straight with the old software I am still faster with the BD than with my other speedos, I have most of the others.

But its definitely much closer than it was in the past. You may laugh but the Hobbywing is easily a match for anything out there, feels good, massive top end and costs next to nothing. So there you go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.