R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-13-2011, 11:17 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
ok turnsout he has the v2 but he doesnt take paypal arg arg anywhere else anybody knows that takes paypal gosh
I do take paypal as I mentioned to you. My daughter was misinformed when you called back the second time. Best bet is to ask for me direct, or send me an email [email protected]
Old 08-13-2011, 01:55 PM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hana166 View Post
If you want the BD get the BD. Get a Corally. A used one from a 1/12 driver or something will do. They're all going for integrated rx boosters. Check oople and RCtech for sale, you will find one, and it will be a bargain. Its not a problem used. The build quality is first class.

But if you think you need the BD to have the fastest car on the straight, think again. The reason BD drivers love this speedo is the feel. That's why its quick. Even lacking a bit of top end on the straight with the old software I am still faster with the BD than with my other speedos, I have most of the others.

But its definitely much closer than it was in the past. You may laugh but the Hobbywing is easily a match for anything out there, feels good, massive top end and costs next to nothing. So there you go.
+1. I know I'm going to sound like a HW fan boy right now, but sod it.... I cannot seriously understand why you would want to pay the ridiculous amount of cash for the BD, when the HW does everything the same, is more adjustable, is a shed load cheaper, and is just as fast. The no-timing software is also the next one due for an update as well (check the HW thread). Get an Extreme stock, load 508 and be happy you saved some cash to be just as fast!
Old 08-14-2011, 05:56 AM   #18
Tech Addict

Get a Hobbywing 60A for 70$ and save your money.You'll fell very bad when other drivers with much cheaper equipment they'll smoke you in the infield.Believe me.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:50 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

hey guys thanks for all your responses but ive come to a conclusion and im still going with the bd esc with v3 software i dont care about the price everybodies making a big deal about the price of this esc .....but everything in this hobby is expensive i think at least with the bd esc im getting a nice piece of technology where people should be complnaing is the damn prices of tamiya hop up parts thats where the complaints should be like why does a tamiya blue bulkhead for a ta-05 cost 80 bucks now thats a waste of money but a bd esc for 400 sounds a little more reasonable at least its a piece of electronics and built very well not like a 20 dollar tamiya blue turnbuckle thats snaps in an instant.!!!
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #20
Tech Addict

Good luck to you then.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:03 PM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was just giving you a hard time because you were mainly doing it to run that corally motor, but in a boosted 17.5 or 13.5 race, I'd wager that several sub $200 ESC's attached to a decent motor are at least as fast or faster. I wouldn't trade my killer whale of an ESC for a BD. You may do as you wish of course.

I dislike the price of many things in this hobby, but I love the hobby. Sometimes you just know you're getting ripped off and it feels wrong. A lot of things probably should be a little cheaper, but aren't.

locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:56 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by locked View Post
I was just giving you a hard time because you were mainly doing it to run that corally motor, but in a boosted 17.5 or 13.5 race, I'd wager that several sub $200 ESC's attached to a decent motor are at least as fast or faster. I wouldn't trade my killer whale of an ESC for a BD. You may do as you wish of course.

I dislike the price of many things in this hobby, but I love the hobby. Sometimes you just know you're getting ripped off and it feels wrong. A lot of things probably should be a little cheaper, but aren't.

Ya I hear u but I'm not just getting the bd esc from that one thread I was talking to people in I did a lot of research on that esc and I wanna give it a try yes it might be over priced but I'm sure the 200 dollar tekins are a 40 dollar piece price wise at there cost there is so many different parts in this hobby that are soo overpriced for nothing that I don't think the bd esc should be taking all the shit for it's price......a can of tamiya ps paint is ten bucks in my city that's more highway robbery than the bd price in my opinion
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:45 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

The Shane Co. has them in stock i think with 0% financing till 2013.

not a hater on the BD but its alot of money compared to all the other escs which have equal or better performance for a fraction at the cost.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:15 PM   #24
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

In the UK

Tekin RS Pro + Hotwire = 230GBP
SXX stock spec + link = 240GBP
GM120 + link = 225GBP

BD = 230GBP
HW Xtreme stock + usb card = 80GBP

Enough choice for everyone
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:30 PM   #25
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
Hey guys what hobby shop stocks black diamond esc ....i know mike does at model tech but they dont open until sept 5 is there anyone else who has these
Do yourself a big favor go out and buy a Tekin or Lrp, the Advanced Electronics Black Diamond is just not worth the money that you have to pay for
it. You have to send it back to get it updated. Just so you know I own 4 of this wonderfully overpriced speed controls.
martin660 is offline   Reply With Quote